Does anyone watch "The Orville"?

I can't watch more than a minute or two. I half expect to see Stewie Griffin on the bridge. This is Star Trek sacrilege.

Watched one episode and never again!
That’s what’s wrong with conservatives. They don’t get it
Who said this was a Conservative/Liberal thing? I just think the show sucks.
Just look at the tools who started this thread. They say they watched one episode and couldn’t watch another. Why? This show is so well written you con dicks know it but you will sabotage good shows because republicans have brainwashed you believe that all these shows are trying to brainwash you with liberal bias

Same argument you make against public schools. You claim they are endoctrinating our kids.

Well Orville definitely has a liberal slant to it. There’s no denying that. So that shouldn’t be a negative for liberals. That should be a plus for us. Look at th deep good shit we write.

What do cons produce? Tim the toolman and Dennis miller

Did you know I only watched one episode of Tim Allen show?

Did not care for it at all...

So as you go on about this being Liberal vs. Conservative the reality is the Orville does not sell to some people.

As I wrote to you I am far more liberal minded than you, so when I say the show is not for me, well that is because I like Firefly better...

This is a better show than some might give it credit for........ it is an actual Sci Fi show versus just a Seth McFarlane pardy.......I had heard he really loves Star Trek and wanted to do his own version, and from what I have seen it is a pretty good show.

I have mixed feelings about it.

I think it is trying to do a classic Trek show when Trek itself (Discovery) is doing a very dark show that Gene Roddenberry probably wouldn't recognize.

They throw in a few poop jokes here and there to make it a technical comedy.

Some interesting SF plots, but most of them we've seen on earlier Star Trek shows, and done better. For instance, the episode a few weeks ago where Malloy's friend was committing terrorist acts against the Kryll. It was almost identical to that episode of Deep Space Nine when Kira's friend was committing terrorist acts against the Cardassians.

Bortas and Isaac are essentially Worf and Data played by less appealing actors. (Although I do give the actor who plays Isaac some props of being able to convey his character effectively in that suit.)

And last week, they did a Holodeck Fantasy episode! Because Trek didn't beat that horse to death.

that writer being Seth McFarlane....so far he has written all 26 episodes with a little bit of input from a few of the other producers....

I wouldn't go that far. He's recruited a lot of Trek writers, including the noxious Brannon Braga. A lot of these stories have Braga's slimy fingerprints all over them. At least he isn't putting any of the female characters into a skin tight catsuit with serious camel toe.

I really hated Braga's Voyager and Enterprise stories, because I thought they were derivative dreck. I don't mind them as much on the Orville, I guess, because it isn't Trek, so it's not like they are dumping on a legacy.

I do think McFarland's trying to take the show from being the Comedy he obviously pitched to the Fox Suits to being a more serious Science Fiction show. And I actually do kind of enjoy the show I like it better than I liked the last season of Doctor Who, which was a major disappointment.

I can't watch more than a minute or two. I half expect to see Stewie Griffin on the bridge. This is Star Trek sacrilege.
If you are such a right wing douchebag you cant enjoy this show, you are what’s wrong with America. Dick
What is wrong with America is categorizing everything as Left-Right and having an irrational hatred toward anyone who doesn't believe what you believe. Enjoy your show, it just looks like a lame knock off to me.

This is a better show than some might give it credit for........ it is an actual Sci Fi show versus just a Seth McFarlane pardy.......I had heard he really loves Star Trek and wanted to do his own version, and from what I have seen it is a pretty good show.

I think it is trying to do a classic Trek show when Trek itself (Discovery) is doing a very dark show that Gene Roddenberry probably wouldn't recognize.

Some interesting SF plots, but most of them we've seen on earlier Star Trek shows, and done better. For instance, the episode a few weeks ago where Malloy's friend was committing terrorist acts against the Kryll. It was almost identical to that episode of Deep Space Nine when Kira's friend was committing terrorist acts against the Cardassians.

Bortas and Isaac are essentially Worf and Data played by less appealing actors. (Although I do give the actor who plays Isaac some props of being able to convey his character effectively in that suit.)

And last week, they did a Holodeck Fantasy episode! Because Trek didn't beat that horse to death.

I’m glad they don’t beam people up on the Orville.

I like it that the topics are very current event. Things we are dealing with now as a people like smoking addiction, artificial intelligence, homophobia, bigotry, cellphones, dealing with other societies and cultures,

I think they are doing a good job. It took me a while to find them

If you are such a right wing douchebag you cant enjoy this show, you are what’s wrong with America. Dick
What is wrong with America is categorizing everything as Left-Right and having an irrational hatred toward anyone who doesn't believe what you believe. Enjoy your show, it just looks like a lame knock off to me.
It’s a knock off but not lame. But that’s just my opinion right? It’s like Grateful Dead or kiss fans. They swear it’s great music but I just don’t hear it.

that writer being Seth McFarlane....so far he has written all 26 episodes with a little bit of input from a few of the other producers....

I wouldn't go that far. He's recruited a lot of Trek writers, including the noxious Brannon Braga. A lot of these stories have Braga's slimy fingerprints all over them. At least he isn't putting any of the female characters into a skin tight catsuit with serious camel toe.

I really hated Braga's Voyager and Enterprise stories, because I thought they were derivative dreck. I don't mind them as much on the Orville, I guess, because it isn't Trek, so it's not like they are dumping on a legacy.

I do think McFarland's trying to take the show from being the Comedy he obviously pitched to the Fox Suits to being a more serious Science Fiction show. And I actually do kind of enjoy the show I like it better than I liked the last season of Doctor Who, which was a major disappointment.
seth has written all 26 episodes ...braga has co-written 3 with him...

Series Writing Credits
Seth MacFarlane ... (created by) (26 episodes, 2017-2019)
André Bormanis ... (3 episodes, 2017-2019)
Brannon Braga ... (3 episodes, 2017-2019)
Cherry Chevapravatdumrong ... (2 episodes, 2017-2019)
David A. Goodman ... (2 episodes, 2017-2019)
Liz Heldens ... (1 episode, 2017)
Wellesley Wild ... (1 episode, 2019)

I like it that the topics are very current event. Things we are dealing with now as a people like smoking addiction, artificial intelligence, homophobia, bigotry, cellphones, dealing with other societies and cultures,

Except for the lack of transporters, this is essentially Star Trek. Pretty much all the same technologies, same kind of setting. So Gay Worf and Fake Data pretty much serve the same story functions. (I think I'm going go call them that from now on.)

Now, want to emphasize, I do mostly like the show. The last three episodes, have kind of gotten on my nerves for being kind of derivative.

Except for the lack of transporters, this is essentially Star Trek. Pretty much all the same technologies, same kind of setting. So Gay Worf and Fake Data pretty much serve the same story functions. (I think I'm going go call them that from now on.)

Now, want to emphasize, I do mostly like the show. The last three episodes, have kind of gotten on my nerves for being kind of derivative.

the Moclin isn't gay....there are no female Moclin....if he liked women, that would be the appropriate analogy, and I missed the episode, but they had a Moclin who liked women...he would be the gay guy...

the Moclin isn't gay....there are no female Moclin....if he liked women, that would be the appropriate analogy, and I missed the episode, but they had a Moclin who liked women...he would be the gay guy...

The episode was actually about the ignorant bias against anyone who was different to the point of killing them.
It ended up with the doctor telling one of the Moclan to f***off and never speak to her again.

The episode was actually about the ignorant bias against anyone who was different to the point of killing them.
It ended up with the doctor telling one of the Moclan to f***off and never speak to her again.
actually in one of the older episodes it showed the moclans do have females, its just that they are given a forced sex change while still a baby,,,

I think theyre democrats

there are enough trek episodes out there that no matter what they do you can say ..."oh look they ripped off that old episode".....

there are enough trek episodes out there that no matter what they do you can say ..."oh look they ripped off that old episode".....

Shit, Trek rips off Trek... The Orville puts every effort into putting a new and original spin on what some may consider old Trek plot lines, when there may be some similarities.

Though I'm hard pressed to recall the nicotine addiction episode of Star Trek... TOS or TNG...

Shit, Trek rips off Trek... The Orville puts every effort into putting a new and original spin on what some may consider old Trek plot lines, when there may be some similarities.

Though I'm hard pressed to recall the nicotine addiction episode of Star Trek... TOS or TNG...
who mentioned that?....

who mentioned that?....

Ripping off Trek? JoeB.

And he killed himself over the shame. That’s somewhere Star Trek never went. That stuff happens today. The young man across the hall from me blew his brains out over his sexuality. I’m glad the Orville touches on subjects like this.

They show other ignorant races from other planets have these negative bigoted attitudes.

I’m sorry if some people see a connection between themselves and those ignorant aliens.

Actually, that was one of the better episodes.

Technically, Moclins would be hermaphrodites, since they seem to have both male and female functions. But the fact that they are all portrayed by muscular dudes... meh... gay Klingons.

Actually, it was the security chick... but I'm sure you completely missed the point.

I think there's nothing wrong with recycling an old story, as long as you put a new spin on it. The Orville's idea of a new spin is to throw in a poop joke.

Um, yeah, I thought that was kind of weak. The Moclins are becoming more and more comic relief in the series, because it's funny to watch two big buff dudes act like a crazy married couple.

And he killed himself over the shame. That’s somewhere Star Trek never went. That stuff happens today. The young man across the hall from me blew his brains out over his sexuality. I’m glad the Orville touches on subjects like this.

They show other ignorant races from other planets have these negative bigoted attitudes.

I’m sorry if some people see a connection between themselves and those ignorant aliens.

Well, technically, he faked his own death and then tried to blame someone else for it. I personally find this kind of story a little heavy handed. "Look at these aliens who aren't as enlightened as we are." Trek was equally guilty of this sort of thing.

Personally, this is what I liked about Babylon 5. The humans weren't always perfect, and the aliens, even when they did shit we didn't like, you understood where they were coming from. The best stuff in the series was the interactions between G'Kar and Londo.

Forum List

Back