Does the waitress deserve to be stiffed?

I put it all on management of the restaurant not the customers

You should not be expected to pay an additional $20 on your bill after waiting an hour for your meal

The waitress and management should be proactive if they can't keep up with the number of customers. They should be offered free appetizers or complementary drinks while they are waiting. The waitress should be taking her complaint to the owners not the internet. The owner should be making up the $20

On this, I completely disagree with you. You obviously have no clue how restaurants work. That waitress worked hard for that hour and got nothing. Management doesn't give a shit. It's on her, even though it was their fault. You tip the waitress and complain to management about the long wait. They will usually give you a discount and that way you don't have to fuck the waitress. On top of that, writing LOL on the tip line just shows what a douche the person paying was.

A good FOH manager would have taken the next table that paid in cash and removed all the sodas so the server would have at least got a little money or enough to cover tipping out.
Why would a manager erase sales/profits to put in someone else's pocket? That's theft.

A good FOH manager would have been in communication with this table, apologized and comp'd their drinks, then give them a gift card to return.

If I waited an hour for my food after ordering I doubt I'd leave a tip either. Sounds like the establishment needs to address wait times

It's interesting how all the cons are lining up in agreement that the waitress should be punished because the kitchen isn't up to snuff. This does tell us a great deal about people, and it's really ugly.

Always have a "cause" don't you left loons?

If I waited an hour for my food after ordering I doubt I'd leave a tip either. Sounds like the establishment needs to address wait times

It's interesting how all the cons are lining up in agreement that the waitress should be punished because the kitchen isn't up to snuff. This does tell us a great deal about people, and it's really ugly.

Found one lefty who agrees with you. Shocked and disappointed me greatly. BTW, I'm not left wing, although I will gladly admit to being left of your nutter ass.

Found one lefty who agrees with you. Shocked and disappointed me greatly. BTW, I'm not left wing, although I will gladly admit to being left of your nutter ass.

You have some issues going on.

When my friends and I go out to dinner $118 would have been booze alone. lol
Come on down!

Doc Holliday's

Next time I am in Mobile I'll drop by for some cocktails. Cheers!
Docs Hollidays is in Foley, Alabama about 40 minutes from Mobile. Couple of my friends will be stopping by there this week. I heard it has good reviews. Not sure if they serve dinners.
No we don't serve food. I'm waiting on some very expensive kitchen equipment.
We are doing much better in our second year here and will soon be able to justify the investment needed to bring out kitchen up to code. Have you priced hoods with fire suppression, grills, ovens and friers?
Must be a good place. Reviews are great compared to bars I've visited regularly.
I like to think it is....AND, if you still claim I don't own it, perhaps you'd be willing to put a small wager on it. Let's say, $25,000. How about it?

I would have tipped the minimum of 15% if she didn't fill our drinks and give us extra care while waiting. But if she did take extra care and kept us abreast of the food and when it was coming, I would given at least a 30% tip.
She can't help what's going on in the kitchen, but she can do her part to make us comfortable with the wait.

I remember my first wife and I were out with like 10 people, same thing happened to us, So I had my wife go talk to the manager (she was a waitress) the entire meal for all 12 of us was on the house and the waitress got her tip.

Belmar diners leave waitress taunting note and no tip

On Aug. 17, Jess Jones of Belmar, a 2013 Manasquan High School graduate, was waiting on a party of eight people at the landmark restaurant and night club on Ocean Avenue. After the $112.03 bill was paid for by credit card, Jones discovered that her customers had left her no tip. Instead, the texting acronym "LOL" — for laughing out loud — was written on the tip line of the receipt next to the words, "1 hour for food."

Last night, I was stunned by this receipt that was left for me by a party of eight people," Jones wrote. "I would have preferred a '$0' tip than a 'LOL' tip, but as a waitress, bad tips and harsh notes are all part of the job. Even though they did wait an hour to eat, they remained satisfied with filled drinks and proper notice that the kitchen was a bit busier than normal. I've worked in the service industry for five years and I take pride in providing great service to my customers."

How is a patron supposed to show their dissatisfaction with waiting an hour for food?
Does a waitress deserve $20 for service that was unsatisfactory to the customer? Who should be accountable?

First of all, the table of customers were a bunch of fucking morons. It's not the waitresses fault that the kitchen is running slow. I hate people like this. They should all be bitch slapped to knock some sense into them. If the waitress had screwed up all night long with their food, that would be a completely different story.
Class is something you can't knock into people. They either have it or they don't. I believe in karmatic reciprocity. If you lack grace in your dealings with people, grace will dry up in your life too.

Docs Hollidays is in Foley, Alabama about 40 minutes from Mobile. Couple of my friends will be stopping by there this week. I heard it has good reviews. Not sure if they serve dinners.
We are doing much better in our second year here and will soon be able to justify the investment needed to bring out kitchen up to code. Have you priced hoods with fire suppression, grills, ovens and friers?
Must be a good place. Reviews are great compared to bars I've visited regularly.
I like to think it is....AND, if you still claim I don't own it, perhaps you'd be willing to put a small wager on it. Let's say, $25,000. How about it?
I still believe you don't own it.

Put your money where your mouth is or shut the fuck up.

chicken shit

You shut the fuck up. I know you don't own the place.
The MODERATOR DELETED YOUR POST FOR BEING STUPID. How can I put a wager to a janitor? How can you even put a wager on the internet? That shows what kind of idiot you are. If you don't have anything to say except your garbage. Go clean the toilet. And Shut the fuck up.

The MODERATOR DELETED YOUR POST FOR BEING STUPID. How can I put a wager to a janitor? How can you even put a wager on the internet? That shows what kind of idiot you are. If you don't have anything to say except your garbage. Go clean the toilet. And Shut the fuck up.
So, you insist I don't own my bar, are unwilling to back up your claims and insist I shut up.
How can one wager on the internet? You claim to be sending 2 men to my bar. I suggest you send them with a check. I will prove to them I am who I say I am and go to my bank and cash your check. Simple, really.

You really at this point have no argument left. You can accept my challenge or wimp out and concede defeat.
Simply telling me to shut up or calling me a janitor won't cut it. I suggest you salvage what little dignity you can and accept my bet.

The servers are the ones the customers see....
They get pissed and take it out on them....

Is is right.Of course not...
They should have left a tip and complained to the manager.

Sometimes I just want to eat because I'm hungry and if there's a special, I use it. I'm broke, I got little funds and my co workers talked me into coming here.....thank you for bringing my plate of paid for food to my table....but I'm not leaving a tip because I can't afford it.

Sometimes I just want to eat because I'm hungry and if there's a special, I use it. I'm broke, I got little funds and my co workers talked me into coming here.....thank you for bringing my plate of paid for food to my table....but I'm not leaving a tip because I can't afford it.
You should start voting Republican. Your fortunes just might change when you're no longer a victim.

So, you insist I don't own my bar, are unwilling to back up your claims and insist I shut up.
How can one wager on the internet? You claim to be sending 2 men to my bar. I suggest you send them with a check. I will prove to them I am who I say I am and go to my bank and cash your check. Simple, really.

You really at this point have no argument left. You can accept my challenge or wimp out and concede defeat.
Simply telling me to shut up or calling me a janitor won't cut it. I suggest you salvage what little dignity you can and accept my bet.
What kind of dignity do you have? Nothing. Based from how you are acting. Either you are stupid or a 16 year old boy? What defeat? I already defeated you along time ago that is why you are so in love with me. The moderator even DELETED your post that's how stupid you are. How can you make a bet when you don't even want to identify yourself?
Why do you care so much either I believe you or not? Why are you forcing me to believe you?
Normally people will say I don't care.
So I'm telling you I don't care if you own your mop to clean the floor. I don't give a shit who you are. Janitor. Shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back