Dog breaks out of animal hospital *vid*

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016

The Aquia-Garrisonville Animal Hospital in Stafford said General, a 10-year-old Great Pyrenees, left out of the clinic's back door at around 4:17 a.m. Surveillance video from inside the animal hospital shows the dog opening the latch to his kennel and opening three other doors in order to make his great escape.
General's owner Travis Campbell said he was eventually located after being found in the yard of a home about 300 yards away from the animal hospital.

General was being boarded at the animal hospital while his family was vacationing at Virginia Beach.

“He is very special,” said Campbell. “He is a smart dog. Getting out of doors, in a door is nothing new. I told them that when we dropped him off, but never had a problem getting out of any place that boarded him before.”

According to his owner, General got a slight nick on his nose in his attempt to get out from his kennel.

"Basically, he spent a night and a half rehearsing trying to figure out how to open the door from the inside, which is how he got a little scratch on his nose," he said. "It's a trick to lift the latch from the inside and he figured it out and pushed on the door. Pretty impressive.”
Dog who opened several doors to escape animal hospital reunited with family

That is a smart dog. :laugh:

Last edited:

The Aquia-Garrisonville Animal Hospital in Stafford said General, a 10-year-old Great Pyrenees, left out of the clinic's back door at around 4:17 a.m. Surveillance video from inside the animal hospital shows the dog opening the latch to his kennel and opening three other doors in order to make his great escape.
General's owner Travis Campbell said he was eventually located after being found in the yard of a home about 300 yards away from the animal hospital.

General was being boarded at the animal hospital while his family was vacationing at Virginia Beach.

“He is very special,” said Campbell. “He is a smart dog. Getting out of doors, in a door is nothing new. I told them that when we dropped him off, but never had a problem getting out of any place that boarded him before.”

According to his owner, General got a slight nick on his nose in his attempt to get out from his kennel.

"Basically, he spent a night and a half rehearsing trying to figure out how to open the door from the inside, which is how he got a little scratch on his nose," he said. "It's a trick to lift the latch from the inside and he figured it out and pushed on the door. Pretty impressive.”

Maybe he was worried that Obamma would eat him.

Growing up, we had a German shepherd we had to board for 3 days. On Sunday morning early the vet went in and used the front door. When he opened it, there she sat and rushed out. They looked everywhere for her. She had opened 2 doors and her cage. We got the call she was missing, hurried back into town and looked for her for almost 3 days. She was finally found less than a mile from our house heading home, after having crossed a busy interstate and multiple 4 lane roads. We never boarded her again.

Growing up, we had a German shepherd we had to board for 3 days. On Sunday morning early the vet went in and used the front door. When he opened it, there she sat and rushed out. They looked everywhere for her. She had opened 2 doors and her cage. We got the call she was missing, hurried back into town and looked for her for almost 3 days. She was finally found less than a mile from our house heading home, after having crossed a busy interstate and multiple 4 lane roads. We never boarded her again.

Dogs are often a lot smarter than some people think. lol

I'm glad yours made it home safely. :)

We were, too. Many tears shed before we found her. Word had gone out she was missing and someone we didn't know called to say they spotted her.

It's sad when dogs have to be boarded. I feel bad when I hear about it.

Same here. I'd rather see them be kept with friends, or have friends come over to care for them.

Never had a boarded pet again. We'd had a death in the family and didn't have a choice that time.

We had previously, but they weren't going to be around for some reason.

Same here. I'd rather see them be kept with friends, or have friends come over to care for them.

I just rescued my dil's sister's dog from boarding. She's had the dog for years and has to keep renting these huge houses because the apartments won't rent to people with dogs. And then she has to pay all these fees, and recently she lost her house when her landlord told her she couldn't keep her dog.

Anyway, she moved in with my dil but they can't have dogs in their apartment, either.
So she was boarding her for $400/month in a typical boarding kennel...concrete floor, no windows, a blanket, miserable.

So now I have her. And she is an absolute dream! I love her!

Maybe he was worried that Obamma would eat him.

What did you eat when you were 11yo?

What you were told to.

Dummy little twerp. You always post the dummmmest crap on the board.
:spam:

We lost our really good boarding kennel. All we had to do was ask our dog if he wanted to go see Connie and he'd be on his way out the door.

The worst was that our vet was on the same road so he was never sure until we were past the vet. But, he also loved going to the vet.

Actually, he just loves going anywhere. But, Connie was special to him and he to her.

Our kennel now is pretty good but not as -

If you travel, not a lot you can do. When we were in town, we had live-in house sitters. Not now though, so dog goes to kennel and we have a cat lover come every other day to check on them.

But, I get your point.

Hey, the dog was just upset that the family went on vacation without them, and decided to see if he could find them on his own.

And, I gotta admit, for this dog to make it through 3 indoor doors, and 1 outside door is pretty impressive.

And, it's gotten good PR for the family and dog.

A house cleaner/sitter we had - RWNJ with a confederate battle flag in the window of her truck, drunk most of the time. She's the one we let live in a small house on our property. Her husband died on xmas eve, she had an 8yo son she called "the turd", she was a mess and we wanted to help her. She trashed the house. We still haven't rented it again.

Anyway, we went to Europe, she was to visit the house every other day. We never knew how often she came but she didn't bother to feed the cats but once or twice and then lied about it.

Hard to find good people who are actually willing to work.

A house cleaner/sitter we had - RWNJ with a confederate battle flag in the window of her truck, drunk most of the time. She's the one we let live in a small house on our property. Her husband died on xmas eve, she had an 8yo son she called "the turd", she was a mess and we wanted to help her. She trashed the house. We still haven't rented it again.

Anyway, we went to Europe, she was to visit the house every other day. We never knew how often she came but she didn't bother to feed the cats but once or twice and then lied about it.

Hard to find good people who are actually willing to work.

Shoot................when I moved into an apartment in Amarillo, I volunteered to mow the lawn and sweep the hallway, even cleaned up the apartment when I first moved in because I needed a place and that one was perfect. Landlord ended up making me apartment manager and cut my rent in half. Loved that place until he sold it to a corporation and they made me move because my rent was too low.

If you still need someone to look over the house, I'm 52, have a decent work ethic, and would be willing to fix the place up if you bought the materials and let me live there free, only paying for utilities.

Where are you located?

I have never been a dog fan because I never had one when I was a kid, but I love that dog! :) :) :)

God bless you and the precious pooch always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. To me, the end of that clip is sad, the dog just wandering around all by its lonesome with no one there to take it home the rest of the way. Why couldn't a friend or family member dog sit while the owners went to the beach or at least stop at his home long enough to feed him while he was all alone?

The little dog in the next stall that looked out was saying "you're taking me with you Spike aren't 'cha? We's pals Spike you know we's pals right Spike. I know a place we can go and get all the steak you can eat. Whatya say Spike you wouldn't leave your best pal behind wouldya?"

You damned right dogs are smart.

General is a Great Pyrenees which are protectors for livestock.

They go out with sheep or goats and live out with the flock for weeks at a time.

They have to use their brains to protect and survive. Great dogs though way to big for me.

Forum List

Back