DOJ won't prosecute AG Garland for contempt for refusal to turn over audio from Biden, Hur interview

Look around you man. I know you democrats are blind, but come on!!! Do you see ANY signs that Joe will win this thing? Isnt his news bad news, like every single day? :dunno:

Only Trump cultists think that everything is bad about the Biden Presidency.

Wake up from your delusions!

The majority of the American people aren't being dup'd by your propaganda BULLSHIT!

Ok. That's not a legal justification to not release it though. Congress and the public has a right to it via FOIA laws and the fact that it might be bad for a political candidate it irrelevant.
If the subpoena does not have any basis in their congressional duties, it is not a legitimate subpoena. See the Mazar’s decision.

Second, the DoJ did provide a legal justification for not releasing it. They consider it privileged under law enforcement privilege. They say that future presidents won’t cooperate with investigations if their participation is just going to be used against them.

Last, this isn’t a FOIA issue.

All the President has to do is write a letter saying that he's O.K. and he returns to office.

It then would take 2/3 of both houses to keep him removed from office.

You seem to have forgotten the second half of the 25th amendment:

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office
When did Congress appoint such a body?

If the subpoena does not have any basis in their congressional duties, it is not a legitimate subpoena. See the Mazar’s decision.

Second, the DoJ did provide a legal justification for not releasing it. They consider it privileged under law enforcement privilege. They say that future presidents won’t cooperate with investigations if their participation is just going to be used against them.

Last, this isn’t a FOIA issue.

The WH can't have the transcripts released and then claim executive privilege for the recordings. That's the dumbest argument for not releasing these tapes yet. If Biden doesn't sound like a doddering old man on these tapes the WH SHOULD want them out there. You understand that you are on here arguing for the government to suppress information in order to protect a political candidate.

People struggling to pay their rent and put food on the table dont give a shit about market records.

Cost of housing is up 40% and I think food is about the same since 2020.
Way off. Cumulative increases in housing and food is a shave over 20%.

Hourly wages are up almost 17%. FYI.

Most people say their personal finances are good or better.

Since when have voters given two shits about the markets? Do any of you dems read the polls that say whats important to Americans? The stock market isnt on the list. :cuckoo:
Why wouldn’t they care about the markets?

We sure as hell heard all about how Trump was so great when the market set records during his administration.

Way off. Cumulative increases in housing and food is a shave over 20%.

Hourly wages are up almost 17%. FYI.

Most people say their personal finances are good or better.

You're full of shit.

During the last federal election on Nov. 3, 2020, food inflation was running at just 3.9% annually. Fast forward to March 2024, and the latest data shows food prices have risen a whopping 25.8% since then. To put that in perspective, a basket of groceries that cost $100 in November 2020 would now set you back $125.80. That’s an increase of

Let me guess. Everyone is just lying or doesnt understand just how great this economy is.....

AM I RIGHT?

You're full of shit.
Nope. You’re just using the wrong data. New housing sale prices isn’t the right data. For starters, home sale prices isn’t great because most people haven’t bought a home in the last few years. Second, they’re not all buying new homes. You need a broader measure.

Index went from 270 in 330.

Fast forward to March 2024, and the latest data shows food prices have risen a whopping 25.8% since then.
25% is a long way from 40%.

From Jan 2021 to now, it went from 270 to 328. I got 21% increase.

Nope. You’re just using the wrong data. New housing sale prices isn’t the right data. For starters, home sale prices isn’t great because most people haven’t bought a home in the last few years. Second, they’re not all buying new homes. You need a broader measure.

Index went from 270 in 330.

25% is a long way from 40%.

From Jan 2021 to now, it went from 270 to 328. I got 21% increase.
I knew they were lying...... Fucking MSM just has it out for Biden and this administration..... The Biden campaign should run with that and see how it turns out....

I knew they were lying...... Fucking MSM just has it out for Biden and this administration..... The Biden campaign should run with that and see how it turns out....
No lying. You just have to be smart about what you’re looking at.

Oh, and the media has a bias for sensationalism more than anything. They will splash the biggest numbers they can.

... which has nothing to do with the House who has no oversight mandate for such matters to call for a copy.

Go ahead and cry like the little bitch you are.
Of course the House has a right to the unedited version. DOJ has absolutely no leg to stand on in this. Once the edited transcripts were released, the House has an even better justification to see the truth. Not that I expect you could even begin to understand such things. Run along now, adults are talking.

Forum List

Back