Dom Tullipso....The Man And The Myth....

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
I'd just like to say that I fully support Dom's quest to have the Roswell Papers released so we can finally know the truth.

lol.gif

That's was sorta interesting given fake news and our post truth era. Someone watching had to know who he was, has anyone heard? The republicans have played the 'not American' myth for so long and then even after repealing it, many republicans still believe. Then there were the WMDs or the 86 communists in congress, add the rigged election, and America is going to need a restart. Somewhere along this winding path reality got lost.

"[T]he rhetoric of the enterprise is fu_cked. 95 percent of political commentary, whether spoken or written, is now polluted by the very politics it’s supposed to be about. Meaning it’s become totally ideological and reductive: The writer/speaker has certain political convictions or affiliations, and proceeds to filter all reality and spin all assertion according to those convictions and loyalties. Everybody’s pissed off and exasperated and impervious to argument from any other side. Opposing viewpoints are not just incorrect but contemptible, corrupt, evil. Conservative thinkers are balder about this kind of attitude: Limbaugh, Hannity, that horrific O’Reilly person. Coulter, Kristol, etc. But the Left’s been infected, too. Have you read this new Al Franken book? Parts of it are funny, but it’s totally venomous (like, what possible response can rightist pundits have to Franken’s broadsides but further rage and return-venom?). Or see also e.g. Lapham’s latest Harper’s columns, or most of the stuff in the Nation, or even Rolling Stone. It’s all become like Zinn and Chomsky but without the immense bodies of hard data these older guys use to back up their screeds. There’s no more complex, messy, community-wide argument (or “dialogue”); political discourse is now a formulaic matter of preaching to one’s own choir and demonizing the opposition. Everything’s relentlessly black-and-whitened. Since the truth is way, way more gray and complicated than any one ideology can capture, the whole thing seems to me not just stupid but stupefying." DFW The Believer - Interview with David Foster Wallace

• Banned
But the Left’s been infected, too. Have you read this new Al Franken book? Parts of it are funny, but it’s totally venomous (like, what possible response can rightist pundits have to Franken’s broadsides but further rage and return-venom?). Or see also e.g. Lapham’s latest Harper’s columns, or most of the stuff in the Nation, or even Rolling Stone. It’s all become like Zinn and Chomsky but without the immense bodies of hard data these older guys use to back up their screeds. There’s no more complex, messy, community-wide argument (or “dialogue”); political discourse is now a formulaic matter of preaching to one’s own choir and demonizing the opposition. Everything’s relentlessly black-and-whitened. Since the truth is way, way more gray and complicated than any one ideology can capture, the whole thing seems to me not just stupid but stupefying." DFW The Believer - Interview with David Foster Wallace

Thanks for your reply...I had to laugh at the words "But the Left's been infected too" since it's the left who have given FAKE NEWS legitimacy. It's all we get from the drive-by media....they can spin a man-bites-dog story into a quiet diatribe against Melania Trump. Tucker invites on outrageous guests to mock and terrorize....that's how "Dom" got on his show but the other MSM outlets took this guy seriously, didn't check him out, and showed themselves to be the dupes and liars that they are.

• Banned
(((((((BUMP))))))) I can assure the readers the above interview is the most entertaining 6 minutes you'll experience here today. :cool-45:

(((((((BUMP))))))) I can assure the readers the above interview is the most entertaining 6 minutes you'll experience here today. :cool-45:

I seen it 1st hand. What was proven is how easy it is to dupe much of the MSM. I believe that was the whole point of the interview, and if it goes viral, it will show exactly WHY we can't trust the MSM!

• Banned

I seen it 1st hand. What was proven is how easy it is to dupe much of the MSM. I believe that was the whole point of the interview, and if it goes viral, it will show exactly WHY we can't trust the MSM!

I started laughing when the guy said: "but do you think I am a hoax?" and "those are great questions". Nobody in the history of television has ever asked a guest to produce ID on the air to prove who they were before. :lol:

I started laughing when the guy said: "but do you think I am a hoax?" and "those are great questions". Nobody in the history of television has ever asked a guest to produce ID on the air to prove who they were before. :lol:

Was that akin to voter ID? Does that make Tucker racist, lol!

You have to laugh, the MSM parrots what the leftists say about voter ID, and yet they can't even tell when they are being scammed. It really was a teachable moment about how easily the MSM will "report a story" if it fits into their agenda!

Forum List

Back