Donald Trump - A self made.....sham!

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
  1. “I built what I built myself.” This boast has long been at the core of the mythology of Donald Trump. A closer look at Donald Trump's financial records however tell a very different story.

Mr. Trump is only self-made if you don’t count the massive financial rewards he received from his father’s business beginning as a toddler. (By age 3, little Donald was reportedly pulling in an annual income of what today would be $200,000 a year.) These benefits included not only the usual perks of hailing from a rich, well-connected family — the connections, the access to credit, the built-in safety net. For the Trumps, it also involved direct cash gifts and tens of millions in “loans” that never charged interest or had to be repaid. Fred Trump even purchased several properties and business ventures, putting ownership either fully or partly in the names of his children, who reaped the profits. Yet despite all these advantages Donald Trump still went bankrupt 6 times! Asked for comment on The Times’s findings, a lawyer for the president provided a written statement denying any wrongdoing and asserting that, in fact, Donald Trump had little to do with the dizzying transactions involving his family’s wealth.

Veterans of New York news media still laugh to recall how Mr. Trump would call them up, pretending to be a publicist named John Barron, or sometimes John Miller, in order to regale them with tales of Mr. Trump’s glamorous personal life — how many models he was dating, which actresses were pursuing him, which celebrities he was hanging out with. As gross and tacky and bizarre as this all seemed, it was aimed squarely at fostering the image of Donald Trump as a master of the universe who, as the cliché goes, women wanted and men wanted to be.

Trump supporters - I know you'd rather cry "fake news" than you would fact the facts, but Donald Trump is not the success story he pretends to be.

-Now stop stalling and show us those tax returns, Mr. President!

That time Trump pretended to be 'John Barron' to lie about his wealth, as told by an ex-Forbes writer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tcy-four-or-six-times/?utm_term=.4f29778e04d1

Last edited:
I love OPINION pieces sans facts.

I never knew Trump was making $200K a year at age 3.

Was it the lemonade stand he built or was he selling weed?

His father was giving him money and using those "GIFTS" to reduce his own taxes.

This is one of those threads that was intended to be a big Trump bash, and runs head on into a big Trump glorification.

Who cares what he did in his early life ? What he's done in 2017-2019 is what REALLY matters >>

1. Brought GDP growth up > from 1.8% to 4.2%

united-states-gdp-growth.png

2. Lowered unemployment from 4.8% to 3.7%

united-states-unemployment-rate.png

3. Lowest black unemployment EVER (5.7%)

4. Lowest Hispanic unemployment EVER (4.6%)

5. Highest Median income EVER ($61,372/year)

6. US homebuilding permits soar to highest level since 2007.

7. US manufacturing having best year since 2004

8. Welfare participation at 17 year low.

9. More Americans working than EVER before.

10. ISIS chased out of Raqqa and Mosul - much weakened

Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

1. “I built what I built myself.” This boast has long been at the core of the mythology of Donald Trump. A closer look at Donald Trump's financial records however tell a very different story.

Mr. Trump is only self-made if you don’t count the massive financial rewards he received from his father’s business beginning as a toddler. (By age 3, little Donald was reportedly pulling in an annual income of what today would be $200,000 a year.) These benefits included not only the usual perks of hailing from a rich, well-connected family — the connections, the access to credit, the built-in safety net. For the Trumps, it also involved direct cash gifts and tens of millions in “loans” that never charged interest or had to be repaid. Fred Trump even purchased several properties and business ventures, putting ownership either fully or partly in the names of his children, who reaped the profits. Yet despite all these advantages Donald Trump still went bankrupt 6 times! Asked for comment on The Times’s findings, a lawyer for the president provided a written statement denying any wrongdoing and asserting that, in fact, Donald Trump had little to do with the dizzying transactions involving his family’s wealth.

Veterans of New York news media still laugh to recall how Mr. Trump would call them up, pretending to be a publicist named John Barron, or sometimes John Miller, in order to regale them with tales of Mr. Trump’s glamorous personal life — how many models he was dating, which actresses were pursuing him, which celebrities he was hanging out with. As gross and tacky and bizarre as this all seemed, it was aimed squarely at fostering the image of Donald Trump as a master of the universe who, as the cliché goes, women wanted and men wanted to be.

Trump supporters - I know you'd rather cry "fake news" than you would fact the facts, but Donald Trump is not the success story he pretends to be.

That time Trump pretended to be 'John Barron' to lie about his wealth, as told by an ex-Forbes writer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tcy-four-or-six-times/?utm_term=.4f29778e04d1
So he took those hundreds and thousands his dad gave him and made Billions ? You do realize that Billions is more, right ?

This is one of those threads that was intended to be a big Trump bash, and runs head on into a big Trump glorification.

Who cares what he did in his early life ? What he's done in 2017-2019 is what REALLY matters >>

Link? and not from a pro trump site.

Trump Cut Off 200 Million in Aid to Palestinians | MAGA PILL

So he cut out aid to people who really need it, and gives it to Israel.

MAGAPILL is here to ensure that President Trump’s Legacy is properly documented. It’s been recently reported that 95% of the News Media’s coverage of Trump is Negative, while only 5% is positive. This is the definition of an unfair bias and one of the main reasons why everyday American’s confidence in the "Main Stream" media is at an all time low.

MAGAPILL was created to capture President Trump's accomplishments that get blown off the headlines by the biased news coverage. All of Trump's accomplishments are referenced with the MSM article that reported it (when they were forced to cover it documentation purposes). For some reason, nobody in the Media, Congress or the Republican party seem to want to portray an image of President Trump actually succeeding and that should trouble everyone.

The news is being reported and it does not show Trump in a positive light, in fact it is showing what a con man he really is.
--------------------------------------------
What The Unemployment Figures Don't Tell You

Last edited:

Links are already there. And what do you mean "not from a pro Trump site" So are reporters not allowed to report that Trump has accomplished the great things that he has ?

Are you confining yourself to anti-Trump sites ? What's your suggestion ? CNN ? New York Times ? :laugh:

The news is being reported and it does not show Trump in a positive light, in fact it is showing what a con man he really is.

Well done. Palestinians are Hamas supporting terrorists,and shouldn't even be where they are. Their country is Jordan, not Israel.

And yes, "The news" (ie. the mainstream liberal media) does not show Trump in a positive light. Which shows what con men they are. I just showed him in a very positive light - based on the FACTS.

Well done. Palestinians are Hamas supporting terrorists,and shouldn't even be where they are. Their country is Jordan, not Israel.

So Bibi and Israel says, ever read their side of the issue. What the hell are the Palestinians doing in Israel then, for centuries, fake news from Israel lovers.

The Con man is Trump. LIke it or not, your man is a con man.

So Bibi and Israel says, ever read their side of the issue. What the hell are the Palestinians doing in Israel then, for centuries, fake news from Israel lovers.

Like it or not you are an idiot.

If Trump were a Dem you'd be singing his praises. He'd be the best President that America has ever had.

Because he's a Rep he's the worst.

You really are quite stupid.

Gift from Dad. Ya know...inheritance...jut like you got. You did get that right?

Everyone else did

Like it or not you are an idiot.

If Trump were a Dem you'd be singing his praises. He'd be the best President that America has ever had.

Because he's a Rep he's the worst.

You really are quite stupid.
That's where you're wrong. If I saw a Dem doing what I see Trump doing I'd be just as loudly speaking out against him.

I guess that's where we differ

/——/ Ahhhh poor little democRATs can’t see Trumps returns. Boo Hoo Hoo

His father was giving him money and using those "GIFTS" to reduce his own taxes.
/——/ I give my kids and grandkids money every year and it doesn’t reduce my taxes. How did Trump Sr pull that off?

/——/ Try refuting anyone of them. Go ahead.

Trump believes his own mythology. The best politicians know their limits and work within the realm of possibility. We now have a president who has towering delusions about his capabilities.Because of that he mostly fails.

Trump is found to be guilty of housing discrimination and his supporters say he is not racist. Trump gets caught disparaging and insulting females multiple times and his supporters insist he is not a misogynist. Trump loses a lawsuit for running a scam University and his supporters claim he is not a scam artist.

Forum List

Back