Donald Trump’s Tax-Return Dodge

Still truth.

I don't know about any mythical libtard, those who exist in that great empty cavern between the ears of crazy right wingers
Who deflected?

Because libs don't understand the difference between an obligation and a requirement, that's on you, not me.

I'm a lib and I fully understand the difference, an obligation is something one is morally duty bound to fulfill. A requirement is a rule one must comply with or suffer the consequences. Of course one's obligation once breached has consequences too, a blemish on their character. Trump has a back full of blemishes, and adds to them each time he speaks, as shown when his handlers need to edit, spin or reiterate his comments out of the context in which they were spoken.

Releasing your taxes is neither a requirement, nor an obligation. It has been a tradition and nothing more.

You want to make it more than that? Contact your local law makers

Every nominee for the past 40 years has done so, it may not be obligatory but it is not transparent. The only consequence we can expect is a lack of trust in Trump by the voting public. at least that part of the voting public who pay attention and wonder what he is hiding.

Notice. We have not seen dozens of posts calling Trump a scofflaw, one can easily surmise if HRC had not released her taxes, she would be accused nefarious deeds - example, she is accused of much worse than being a scofflaw by the Right Wingers who find her guilty of imaginary wrongs / torts on the e-mail issue. The nicest thing I can think of in describing the set of trumpets who engage in the character assassination of HRC is they are hypocrites.

So what were Kerry and Obama hiding when they wouldn't release their grades? Your ass has to be absolutely flaming from the hypocrisy

Is there a point here?

They are of no obligation to

My point is the double standard of the leftists who keep saying Trump has to be hiding something or he'd provide his taxes, that isn't what they say when leftists are asked for documents.

I mean duh

I don't know about any mythical libtard, those who exist in that great empty cavern between the ears of crazy right wingers
I'm a lib and I fully understand the difference, an obligation is something one is morally duty bound to fulfill. A requirement is a rule one must comply with or suffer the consequences. Of course one's obligation once breached has consequences too, a blemish on their character. Trump has a back full of blemishes, and adds to them each time he speaks, as shown when his handlers need to edit, spin or reiterate his comments out of the context in which they were spoken.

Releasing your taxes is neither a requirement, nor an obligation. It has been a tradition and nothing more.

Every nominee for the past 40 years has done so, it may not be obligatory but it is not transparent. The only consequence we can expect is a lack of trust in Trump by the voting public. at least that part of the voting public who pay attention and wonder what he is hiding.

Notice. We have not seen dozens of posts calling Trump a scofflaw, one can easily surmise if HRC had not released her taxes, she would be accused nefarious deeds - example, she is accused of much worse than being a scofflaw by the Right Wingers who find her guilty of imaginary wrongs / torts on the e-mail issue. The nicest thing I can think of in describing the set of trumpets who engage in the character assassination of HRC is they are hypocrites.

So what were Kerry and Obama hiding when they wouldn't release their grades? Your ass has to be absolutely flaming from the hypocrisy

Is there a point here?

My point is the double standard of the leftists who keep saying Trump has to be hiding something or he'd provide his taxes, that isn't what they say when leftists are asked for documents.

I mean duh
They hate it when you point out their hypocrisy.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I understand the Donald is going to email his returns to the Beast.

I do not need to see Trump's tax returns to know he is insane and unfit for government service.

Agreed. Hillary is also insane and unfit for government service and we have her tax returns. I don't feel any better about her just like Trump's aren't going to make me feel any better about him

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Where is the tax return?

Where were Hillary's whitewater files?

Where were Kerry's grades?

Where were Obama's grades?

Where was Obama's full birth certificate?

Where is the text to Hillary's Wall Street speeches?

You, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care, don't care

Where are Trump's tax returns?

You, "People with nothing to hide, hide nothing"

What a flaming hypocrite

Where is the tax return?
Oh well then where are the Clinton foundation records?

Where is the tax return?
Like medical records?

Lol, where were O's transcripts? You don't need to answer that. We can easily see the hypocrisy.

They're right under that pile of missing Hitlery e-mails that no one can find......

But this would be a bigger issue if I was thinking about voting for Hillary:
images

You're just plain stupid, to vote for someone who thinks you are just plain stupid....
You have manipulation confused with devotion. She hates you people.

Poor Donald.... it's amusing how his trumpsters don't care. if it were Hillary Clinton, they'd be foaming at the mouth.

Unlike every major-party Presidential candidate since 1976, Donald Trump will not release his tax returns. He’s being audited by the Internal Revenue Service, he has said, and so he will not release any return, for any year, until the audit is complete. Beyond that, his campaign has made it clear that, regardless of the status of the audit, Trump will not be releasing the returns before November.

In March, two of Trump’s tax lawyers, Sheri Dillon and William Nelson, of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, released
a letter to Trump that said the candidate had interests in roughly five hundred business entities and, thus, “your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual.” The lawyers said, further, that prior I.R.S. examinations of his taxes over the previous decade had produced no net deficiency. The letter said that the returns had been under “continuous examination” by the I.R.S. but, curiously, said nothing about how or why that might affect the disclosure of the returns. (When I contacted the firm, Dillon declined to speak to me.)

The law is clear about publicly releasing tax returns. The I.R.S. is prohibited from doing so, but taxpayers themselves have every right to disclose their own returns. Does the existence of an audit change the legal status of public disclosure? The answer is no; Trump can release the returns if he wants to. “He filed these tax returns under penalty of perjury with the I.R.S.,” Scott Michel, a partner at Caplin & Drysdale, a leading tax-law firm, said. “If he were to disclose the returns publicly, he’s not disclosing anything that the I.R.S. doesn’t already know about. A disclosure in and of itself cannot possibly prejudice or hurt him with his audit.”

The main risk of disclosure is political rather than legal. Trump’s returns may show that he pays a very low effective tax rate. They may also show that he gives very little to charity, or show foreign financial entanglements. But there is another, less obvious risk of disclosure, according to Michel. “He knows that if he discloses his tax returns, there will be thousands of tax professionals in this country going over them with a fine-tooth comb,” he said. “And, in the public discussion of the returns, there may be issues in his audit that might not yet have arisen, and the I.R.S. hasn’t found them. The auditing agent may get the idea to ask about something he hasn’t thought about. That’s probably one reason why he may be reluctant to turn them over.” Again, though, this possibility is a personal financial risk for the candidate, not a legal barrier to disclosure.

If Trump were interested in allowing the public to learn something about his finances, he might, Michel suggested, find a middle ground between total nondisclosure (Trump’s current position) and release of the full tax return. (Hillary and Bill Clinton have released their complete tax returns going back several years.) “There are any number of questions that could be asked about what’s on his tax returns that wouldn’t require him to disclose the returns themselves,” Michel said. “How much did he report giving to charity? How much tax have you paid in dollars? What’s the effective tax rate that he paid? Do you have any foreign trusts? Foreign bank accounts? How big is your I.R.A.? This is all stuff that is on the face of a tax return”—that is, the form presented to the I.R.S. “There are many facts that he could disclose without going back on his position of not disclosing the full return because he is under audit,” Michel said.

Trump has said that he seeks to pay as little tax as possible under the law. That’s his right, of course. As Judge Learned Hand
observed in 1934, “Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes.” The question is not what the law requires but what politics demands. In this and so many other ways, Trump has so far defied Presidential electoral tradition by keeping his returns to himself. And if he continues to stonewall it’s clear that he’s doing so because that’s his choice, not his obligation.

Donald Trump’s Tax-Return Dodge - The New Yorker

You'll support a candidate that rigged a US election, but you'll complain about Trump's taxes. You wouldn't know even know what your were looking at if Trump handed you his tax returns.

Poor Donald.... it's amusing how his trumpsters don't care. if it were Hillary Clinton, they'd be foaming at the mouth.

Unlike every major-party Presidential candidate since 1976, Donald Trump will not release his tax returns. He’s being audited by the Internal Revenue Service, he has said, and so he will not release any return, for any year, until the audit is complete. Beyond that, his campaign has made it clear that, regardless of the status of the audit, Trump will not be releasing the returns before November.

In March, two of Trump’s tax lawyers, Sheri Dillon and William Nelson, of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, released
a letter to Trump that said the candidate had interests in roughly five hundred business entities and, thus, “your personal federal income tax returns are inordinately large and complex for an individual.” The lawyers said, further, that prior I.R.S. examinations of his taxes over the previous decade had produced no net deficiency. The letter said that the returns had been under “continuous examination” by the I.R.S. but, curiously, said nothing about how or why that might affect the disclosure of the returns. (When I contacted the firm, Dillon declined to speak to me.)

The law is clear about publicly releasing tax returns. The I.R.S. is prohibited from doing so, but taxpayers themselves have every right to disclose their own returns. Does the existence of an audit change the legal status of public disclosure? The answer is no; Trump can release the returns if he wants to. “He filed these tax returns under penalty of perjury with the I.R.S.,” Scott Michel, a partner at Caplin & Drysdale, a leading tax-law firm, said. “If he were to disclose the returns publicly, he’s not disclosing anything that the I.R.S. doesn’t already know about. A disclosure in and of itself cannot possibly prejudice or hurt him with his audit.”

The main risk of disclosure is political rather than legal. Trump’s returns may show that he pays a very low effective tax rate. They may also show that he gives very little to charity, or show foreign financial entanglements. But there is another, less obvious risk of disclosure, according to Michel. “He knows that if he discloses his tax returns, there will be thousands of tax professionals in this country going over them with a fine-tooth comb,” he said. “And, in the public discussion of the returns, there may be issues in his audit that might not yet have arisen, and the I.R.S. hasn’t found them. The auditing agent may get the idea to ask about something he hasn’t thought about. That’s probably one reason why he may be reluctant to turn them over.” Again, though, this possibility is a personal financial risk for the candidate, not a legal barrier to disclosure.

If Trump were interested in allowing the public to learn something about his finances, he might, Michel suggested, find a middle ground between total nondisclosure (Trump’s current position) and release of the full tax return. (Hillary and Bill Clinton have released their complete tax returns going back several years.) “There are any number of questions that could be asked about what’s on his tax returns that wouldn’t require him to disclose the returns themselves,” Michel said. “How much did he report giving to charity? How much tax have you paid in dollars? What’s the effective tax rate that he paid? Do you have any foreign trusts? Foreign bank accounts? How big is your I.R.A.? This is all stuff that is on the face of a tax return”—that is, the form presented to the I.R.S. “There are many facts that he could disclose without going back on his position of not disclosing the full return because he is under audit,” Michel said.

Trump has said that he seeks to pay as little tax as possible under the law. That’s his right, of course. As Judge Learned Hand
observed in 1934, “Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes.” The question is not what the law requires but what politics demands. In this and so many other ways, Trump has so far defied Presidential electoral tradition by keeping his returns to himself. And if he continues to stonewall it’s clear that he’s doing so because that’s his choice, not his obligation.

You'll support a candidate that rigged a US election, but you'll complain about Trump's taxes. You wouldn't know even know what your were looking at if Trump handed you his tax returns.

Total nonsense.

What is drumpf hiding?

Hillary rigged a election and lied about her emails that put US sensitive information at risk. Yet you whine about Trump's taxes that you don't really need to see.

Aw, COME ON, Moderators! I get warned for accidently posting a thread that is similar to one that already exists and now we have ANOTHER BLATANT IDENTICAL 'Trump Tax Return' Thread?!

I guess when Libs find a 'diversion' they like they really stick to it.

President Obama Set A U.S. RECORD For ILLEGALLY refusing to release 70% of ALL FOIA Request Records...

President Obama still refuses to turn over IRS Targeting Documents

- Obama Administration Refuses to Release IRS Targeting Documents

President Obama still refuses to release his e-mails with Hillary during the Benghazi attack

President Obama - ILLEGALLY - refused to comply with US Court orders mandating that he turn over Fast-and-Furious documents, a scandal that happened in his 1st year in office...7.5 YEARS ago....until just recently....
- Holder Begs Court to Stop Document Release on Fast and Furious - Breitbart

MOST TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION EVUH? HARDLY!

Hillary: According to the Director of the FBI Hillary broke the law by NOR turning over all work-related e-mails over to the State Department, a violation of the FOIA and the Federal Records Act:

Comey: “The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014.”

President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton has made it a habit of BREAKING THE LAW by REFUSING to release documents ACCORDING TO THE LAW.

Trump is NOT Required by the law to release his tax returns; however, Liberals are more concerned with Americans who are NOT breaking the law than they are with their own political leaders and President who has / is breaking the law.

The hypocrites continue to use this issue as a diversion to distract from their own party members' crimes...when in reality all it does is remind people of them.

I guess I should thank liberals for continuing to post this garbage, keeping their own candidate's and President's crimes fresh in everyone's minds!

Still truth.

Who deflected?

Because libs don't understand the difference between an obligation and a requirement, that's on you, not me.

Still truth.

Who deflected?

So, why won't Hillary release her speeches to Wall Street? We won't trust her til she does.

Where is the tax return?
Like medical records?
Has every nominee since Nixon released their medical records?

Didn't think so. FAIL. Go back and try again.
The libtards insisted that John McCain release his.

Like medical records?

Because he had melanoma, idiot.

Nope. Apples and Oranges Fallacy.

What is Trump hiding? Clearly it is so devastating that even his Chumps will have to pause for 30 seconds until they can blank it from their goldfish minds.
What is Hillary hiding moron?

All deflections. Nutbags deflect like normal people breathe.

Your hypocrisy and double standards are not deflection in any way, shape or form. It shows this isn't an actual standard to you. Just more hypocritical shilling for the Democrat party on your part

Is there a point here?

That's the benchmark you want to set? Are you SURE?

The benchmark is the constitution.

Yup

Yawn, libs think tradition equals law, except when that tradition is marriage.

Deflection.

Not at all. Arguing that a tradition means anything more than they do is not deflection, it is reality.

Where is the tax return?
Like medical records?

Because he had melanoma, idiot.

Nope. Apples and Oranges Fallacy.

What is Trump hiding? Clearly it is so devastating that even his Chumps will have to pause for 30 seconds until they can blank it from their goldfish minds.
And Hillary has a brain injury, fucking idiot.

I see the left is shitting themselves again because Trump refuses to release his tax returns, like they could understand them anyway.

Shitting themselves? Hardly. Just pounding him again on something that highlights that he is hiding something.

Get used to it.
Yep, you'll be doing it for the next 8 years.

Sure fuck stain….

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Oh look, the lesbian is mad. She posted something totally irrelevant to this thread. Smells like desperation. :lol:

Is there a point here?

I mean duh
They hate it when you point out their hypocrisy.

I didn't care about the grades Kerry or Obama received, their use of language - vocabulary and syntax - tell me more than a grade would do. Ever really listen to Trump, he's at least a full standard deviation behind Kerry, Obama and HRC. And by your use of the language, Trump is a least two standard deviations beyond you willow.

Where is the tax return?

So you admit Hillary has something "to hide" when she won't release the transcripts of her Wall Street big bucks speeches? Interesting

No,

However if it were customary to release such information, i would state she should release them.

Meanwhile your messiah continues to hide something

I see the left is shitting themselves again because Trump refuses to release his tax returns, like they could understand them anyway.

Shitting themselves? Hardly. Just pounding him again on something that highlights that he is hiding something.

Get used to it.

Sure fuck stain….

Oh look, the lesbian is mad. She posted something totally irrelevant to this thread. Smells like desperation. :lol:

Pointing out your deep racist streak is my new hobby

Get used to it.

Sure fuck stain….

Is that supposed to bother me or something? :lol:

Get used to it.

Sure fuck stain….

Is that supposed to bother me or something? :lol:

Dont know, dont care.

Where's "The Blamer's" college records?
Where's Crooked Hillary's Goldman Sachs speech?
You see, it's ok if a communist traitor leftist hides whatever it needs to hide to further it's marxist agenda.

Where is the tax return?

So you admit Hillary has something "to hide" when she won't release the transcripts of her Wall Street big bucks speeches? Interesting

No,

However if it were customary to release such information, i would state she should release them.

Incorrect! You are not entitled to that information. So keep lying to yourself.

Where is the tax return?

No,

Entitlements are a GOP thing. Its standard and customary for the nominees to release the returns. When they refuse to; it’s a voter’s right to question what is being hidden.

BTW: I’m glad you enablers have stopped parroting the lie from your Messiah that this supposed audit (another lie) prevents the release of the tax returns.

Where is the tax return?

No,

Entitlements are a GOP thing. Its standard and customary for the nominees to release the returns. When they refuse to; it’s a voter’s right to question what is being hidden.

BTW: I’m glad you enablers have stopped parroting the lie from your Messiah that this supposed audit (another lie) prevents the release of the tax returns.
What he said, moron, is that his lawyer advised him not to release them until the audit was done. You are not entitled to that information. Just like you were not entitled to John McCain's medical records.

Where is the tax return?

No,

What he said, moron, is that his lawyer advised him not to release them until the audit was done.
Not quite sure what is more hilarious; the lie he told about being audited or that you believe it. But lets unpack the lie for what it’s worth; shall we? We shall!!!

It does not prevent other years from being released. So the lie/excuse is not valid.

Furthermore….the idiocy of the lie/excuse itself. All tax returns are filed with the IRS. Releasing the return gives the IRS no more information than what it already has .

You’re 0-2 this morning.

You are not entitled to that information. Just like you were not entitled to John McCain's medical records.

Again, entitlements are a GOP thing.

What is standard and customary are that nominees release their tax returns. When they do not, voters are correct to assume there is deception at work in the Trump camp.

No,

What he said, moron, is that his lawyer advised him not to release them until the audit was done.
Not quite sure what is more hilarious; the lie he told about being audited or that you believe it. But lets unpack the lie for what it’s worth; shall we? We shall!!!

It does not prevent other years from being released. So the lie/excuse is not valid.

Furthermore….the idiocy of the lie/excuse itself. All tax returns are filed with the IRS. Releasing the return gives the IRS no more information than what it already has .

You’re 0-2 this morning.

You are not entitled to that information. Just like you were not entitled to John McCain's medical records.

Again, entitlements are a GOP thing.

What is standard and customary are that nominees release their tax returns. When they do not, voters are correct to assume there is deception at work in the Trump camp.
You sound as if you are very serious about lies and liars are you?

Forum List

Back