Donating Ida relief: Red Cross

I would give to any other charitable organization doing that kind of work, samaritan's purse for one before i would ever give a penny to RC again.
Ok, then find another. Thoughthe Red Cross is best right now. They are the group already there with 1000s of people, ready to help.

You can donate to Ida relief here:

This storm has worse stats than Katrina. The hospitals are packed with covid patients and much of the area is expected to be without power for weeks.

Numerous tractor trailers with industrial sized generators were brought into the area yesterday and are in staging for the hospitals.
Katrina was wider and wetter at 905 MB pressure. Ida is more concise but windier at 933 MB pressure.
Peak storm surge with Katrina was 30 ft. Peak with Ida projected at 20 ft. at most.

Last edited:
The Red Cross? After their debacle in Haiti? Not a hope in hell they'll ever see a dime of mine.

I figured i would get a litany of contrived excuses. Not my first time visiting USMB. Unfortunately for everyone's contrived excuses, the Red Cross is the one charity organization in the best position to help the victims. So hold your nose and donate.

no thanks. You're kidding yourself if you think they're doing anything other than MINIMAL.

My son goes to other states when these things happen. AT HIS OWN EXPENSE. how 'bout you?
And you are kidding yourself to think any other organization is there and poised to help. I will take minimal over nothing. But when we are in need of someone who shits on everything so that he can never be wrong about anything, we will donate to calypso jones.

And you are kidding yourself to think any other organization is there and poised to help. I will take minimal over nothing. But when we are in need of someone who shits on everything so that he can never be wrong about anything, we will donate to calypso jones.

oh who made you the frackin' expert. You know nothing. Stick your RED CROSS where the sun don't shine. For the rest of us. We'll donate to locals, churches, Samaritan's purse and others that are not in it for the profit. Now see if you can come up with more insults. I'm sure you'll manage it.

Have you served as a Red Cross volunteer before?
Yes, actually! Once when i was young. Dont know if it was official. Sandbagged. Again later to help blood drives. Not too many disasters in these parts, so i pretty much send money as an adult.

Yes, actually! Once when i was young. Dont know if it was official. Sandbagged. Again later to help blood drives. Not too many disasters in these parts, so i pretty much send money as an adult.
If you did not go through a training program and on call for disaster relief, then no.

If you did not go through a training program and on call for disaster relief, then no.
You can volunteer at any time for helping blood drives. They even give you a sticker!

But no, i have never been the boots on the ground at a natural disaster.

You aren't going to help their cause by talking down to people.
That now makes 3 threads going right now where you have changed the topic to me. May i suggest you join my fan club?

I will send your entry fee to the Red Cross. Win/win

Things have changed FFI....You may have fond memories of that earlier time but you need to read some of the information that others have posted here.

Things have changed FFI....You may have fond memories of that earlier time but you need to read some of the information that others have posted here.
I understand all of that. Nevertheless, the Red Cross is the best choice, right this minute, for donating to help the victims of Ida.

Forum List

Back