Done with MLB

lol....i bet everyone here still follows their team and checks up on the scores....even back in the early days people bitched about the umps....

Nope. I used to watch all the time and read boxscores and stories and even go to games (but 1995-2002?). Now I do almost a monthly glance. I will wait for playoffs then watch every pitch I can get to the TV for probably.

too many player would have to be in on it.....someone would break and talk....

Only the Umpires "in on it" was ever my thought. They always favored Big Market teams or so it seemed. All calls went for NYY etc.

But aound mid 2000s' I began to think otherwise, HD replays from all angles.....the UMPS had to be somewhat cleaned up. Teams like STL beat NYM or TB/OAK beat big teams repeatedly. Maybe not as bad now as it was at one time. Like the George Brett pine tar bat saga costing KC a game and many series vs. NYY went one way.

Automatic balls and strikes can't get here soon enough. It seems like nearly all the games except the occasional showcase game is pay per view.
I think they're going through try it in the minors maybe next season? Though I can see the umpire's union fighting it due to job losses.

Forum List

Back