Done with MLB

What a horrible name they picked, but they do have a good team this year.

Maybe MLB wants to reward them for changing their name to please the PC crowd by allowing them to win a world series.
The Indians have had a “ Good Team “ every 3 Years for the last 45+ Years , sometimes 3 years in a row

Just leave it like it is. Part of the charm of baseball is the human factor. I’m for getting rid of all instant replays, challenges, umpiring/refereeing automations. They had it in football for what...20 years now? Has refereeing gotten any better? Has the game gotten any better? No. In fact, it’s gotten worse. What it’s done to me from my standpoint is just lengthen the game to where, after every play that has even the most remote bit of question as to what happened...you’re programmed to just wait for the instant replay or the challenge.

If you’re going to have it, have some guy in the league HQ call down to the field and over-rule the referee/umpire if something is amiss and it affects the outcome of the game. A dropped ball that was ruled a catch early in the 2nd quarter on their own 30 yard line on first down... who cares? If it’s a touch down? Yep. Fourth quarter? Oh yeah.

Just leave it like it is. Part of the charm of baseball is the human factor. I’m for getting rid of all instant replays, challenges, umpiring/refereeing automations. They had it in football for what...20 years now? Has refereeing gotten any better? Has the game gotten any better? No. In fact, it’s gotten worse. What it’s done to me from my standpoint is just lengthen the game to where, after every play that has even the most remote bit of question as to what happened...you’re programmed to just wait for the instant replay or the challenge.

If you’re going to have it, have some guy in the league HQ call down to the field and over-rule the referee/umpire if something is amiss and it affects the outcome of the game. A dropped ball that was ruled a catch early in the 2nd quarter on their own 30 yard line on first down... who cares? If it’s a touch down? Yep. Fourth quarter? Oh yeah.
No one has to tell them to leave it like it is.

As I have said, the union is happy, the players are happy, the owners are happy, and the media is happy.

Again, the only ones left out in the cold are the fans of small market teams.

Maybe just throw them in jail with the January 6 crowd if they get out of line.

Problem is that every fan in the stadium sees the replay on the Jumbotron.

That genie is not going back in the bottle

No one has to tell them to leave it like it is.

As I have said, the union is happy, the players are happy, the owners are happy, and the media is happy.

Again, the only ones left out in the cold are the fans of small market teams.

Maybe just throw them in jail with the January 6 crowd if they get out of line.
well, if they tried an insurrection as your brothers did...perhaps we will.

Damn dude...get over it. Your blob lost. You guys tried to overturn the election. You didn’t. You guys got arrested, tried, convicted, and in some cases, incarcerated.

This is the way the system of justice works.

If you can’t understand it...fuck off; all the way off.

I don't think I can take it anymore. The horrible, horrible umpiring, the big money teams continuing to trounce small market teams, it just all sucks ass.

Moneyball was one of the best movies on the subject of what went wrong with MLB.

The baseball union destroyed it.
The NFL has a better system.

Problem is that every fan in the stadium sees the replay on the Jumbotron.
True. So?
That genie is not going back in the bottle
You’re right about that. It extends the broadcast so more commercials; the reviews are even sponsored. Our hospital system supports the Suns locally. We went to the game. For like five straight minutes some guy court side read advertisements during the shoot arounds. This is just another revenue stream for the teams in many cases.

I’m wondering when television will determine the starting pitchers. I don’t know if their careers overlapped or anything but if the Mets are playing the Yankees on a Sunday night, ESPN would love to have advertised “Gooden vs. Clemens” coming on after golf instead of "Hernandez vs. Fernandez” match-up.

I don't think I can take it anymore. The horrible, horrible umpiring, the big money teams continuing to trounce small market teams, it just all sucks ass.

Moneyball was one of the best movies on the subject of what went wrong with MLB.

The baseball union destroyed it.

They let Othani get away with "PROXY Gambling" and blamed it all on his lifetime buddy perhaps?

They let Othani get away with "PROXY Gambling" and blamed it all on his lifetime buddy perhaps?
Just so long as Mr. Cincinnati Red himself, Pete Rose, is kept out of the Hall of Fame.

That is all that matters.

It just sucks that the Left has taken over the MLB like it has everything else.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and social injustice for those they hate or don't grease their wheels.

I think they are purposefully making bad calls for money reasons.

I used to think that from watching NYY vs. MINN. Every big call seemed to go against MINN (for the Crankmees). Like a line drive down the third base line (see puff of chalk come up) would have scored two Twinkees and changed the game......they call it foul. Many instances like that.

But then they let some teams like Small Market STL or CIN play more square vs Mets or Dodgers. Maybe it has gotten better lately with so much replay they can't just blatantly cheat? But the check swing or Balls strikes......ugh. Yes they can on judgment calls.

I used to think that from watching NYY vs. MINN. Every big call seemed to go against MINN (for the Crankmees). Like a line drive down the third base line (see puff of chalk come up) would have scored two Twinkees and changed the game......they call it foul. Many instances like that.

But then they let some teams like Small Market STL or CIN play more square vs Mets or Dodgers. Maybe it has gotten better lately with so much replay they can't just blatantly cheat? But the check swing or Balls strikes......ugh. Yes they can on judgment calls.
I watched the Reds yesterday and the very first play the umpire called the Boston runner safe when he was clearly out.

Luckily, there is instant replay where it was obvious to all once again he was out, so they had to reverse it.

However, the umpire at home plate could call balls and strikes how he saw fit without replay, and they were horrible calls that led to a Boston Home run. The manager of the Reds could take it no longer as he went out on the field and gave him his two cents, which meant they had to eject him because they are not allowed to question them.

But the fix was in that game. For whatever reason, they wanted Boston to win.

I think I'm done caring.

Just so long as Mr. Cincinnati Red himself, Pete Rose, is kept out of the Hall of Fame.

That is all that matters.

It just sucks that the Left has taken over the MLB like it has everything else.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and social injustice for those they hate or don't grease their wheels.
yep you cant take away the numbers Rose put up.....and every baseball fan knows that...

I watched the Reds yesterday and the very first play the umpire called the Boston runner safe when he was clearly out.

Luckily, there is instant replay where it was obvious to all once again he was out, so they had to reverse it.

However, the umpire at home plate could call balls and strikes how he saw fit without replay, and they were horrible calls that led to a Boston Home run. The manager of the Reds could take it no longer as he went out on the field and gave him his two cents, which meant they had to eject him because they are not allowed to question them.

But the fix was in that game. For whatever reason, they wanted Boston to win.

I think I'm done caring.
votto if baseball is fixed dont you think it would be talked about on the news?....because outside of you here in these threads i dont see it.....

votto if baseball is fixed dont you think it would be talked about on the news?....because outside of you here in these threads i dont see it.....

Conservatives think every time they lose they have been cheated

Crybaby Losers

We have seen one call change playoff games and series champions. It does not take much. I beleive Votto saw the REDS hosed yesterday vs. RedSox. They (big money? TV? MLB?) want the Red Sox to stay relevant for the summer months coming vs. NYY TOR BALT etc. More TV money. They don't care as much about CIN vs. PITT TUES night in late July perhaps?

Forum List

Back