Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand

EconChick

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2014
As has been explained on this board dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON.

It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED.

In other words, Obama has used slight of hand. It can be a little complicated to follow but he's basically dropped the number UNEMPLOYED by making the pool of those counted smaller.

The Labor Participation Rate has dropped to its lowest level in over 30 years.

Here is a visual:

upload_2014-10-27_20-46-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-27_20-45-36.png
    upload_2014-10-27_20-45-36.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 105
It's still a better employment scene than 2008-09

We're talking about Obama's policies right now. He's president. Not Bush.

Bush had really good employment rates at one point.

This thread is about Obama.

You can derail it all you want but I'll keep bringing it back to OOOOOOOOOOOO

Gee, what have Republicans done to provide jobs? Did they pass the American Jobs Act?

Liberty works, must be one of the non-left leaning sites...

LOL.

That's why I used it.

So now you libs all of a sudden care about WHO provided the graphs and charts.

When I said you have to look at the source in past threads............I must've said it 100 times on this board....I got complete resistance from you lying libs. LOL

Gee, what have Republicans done to provide jobs? Did they pass the American Jobs Act?

Ahhhh, you're going to make a great tool for me on this thread.

:)

So Obama's policies have nothing to do with the mess, huh?

You use the excuse for not replying intelligently, but you already know that...

"Don't Be Fooled by the Unemployent Rate - Obama's Slight of Hand"

Yes, let's ignore the facts and just go with how we 'feel.'

The facts??? THE FACTS???????????

I know they don't teach you math or stats in law school, but I've had to have 3 graduate level classes in it, and I can tell you the libs on this board don't know shit about stats.

Well don't forget, she let us know that Jesus was a capitalist...

You libs wreak of desperation. I have no idea what you're talking about.

But by all means, keep making shit up. The electorate has had it with you liars. Like your lies about jobs.

See the thread about how angry voters are? You libs will be missing parts of your asses after the election.

As has been explained on this board dozens of times....and as everyone knows..... the reason the Unemployment Rate has been dropping is for the WRONG REASON.

It's not dropping because Obama's policies have generated so many jobs....it has dropped because so many people have dropped out of the pool of people COUNTED.

In other words, Obama has used slight of hand. It can be a little complicated to follow but he's basically dropped the number UNEMPLOYED by making the pool of those counted smaller.

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

Once again, you post a chart that shows that things were best, if this is a measure, under Clinton.

It's still a better employment scene than 2008-09

We're talking about Obama's policies right now. He's president. Not Bush.

Bush had really good employment rates at one point.

This thread is about Obama.

You can derail it all you want but I'll keep bringing it back to OOOOOOOOOOOO

If we're not talking about Bush, why did you put up a chart with Bush in it, for comparison?

Here is a visual:

View attachment 33535

Why do you call it Obama's sleight of hand?

If you retire, you are no longer counted in the labor force and the participation rate drops accordingly.

If you become a stay at home mom, you are no longer counted in the labor force and the participation rate drops accordingly.

If you go to school, you are no longer counted in the labor force and the participation rate drops accordingly.

Forum List

Back