Don't they make enough money?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
What is it with Hollywood actors? A million or two or three per movie isn't enough? Fred Thompson apparently wasn't making enough money as a US Senator so he went back to Hollywood and now he is hawking mortgages along with Robert Wagner. Personally I think Thompson should be prevented from using the word "government" in his selling spiel since he was a senator. Tommy Lee Jones is starring in half a dozen movies on cable TV but he apparently can't resist another couple of million to use his considerable acting talents to sell insurance and William Devane is selling gold. There is nothing illegal about it but it seems sleazy and hypocritical for mega rich actors to use their talent to try to peddle a product that they obviously don't use and don't need.

Libs are freaking crazy...
First they want to tax the shit out of rich people.
Then they want to limit how much people can earn....

You just can't make this stuff up

I don't care if they make a lot of money but I suggest a couple of things: #1 indicate that the actors are paid for their endorsement. #2 indicate how much they are paid. #3 prohibit former politicians (like Fred Thompson) from using words like "government" that tend to indicate government support for the products they are promoting.

What is it with Hollywood actors? A million or two or three per movie isn't enough? Fred Thompson apparently wasn't making enough money as a US Senator so he went back to Hollywood and now he is hawking mortgages along with Robert Wagner. Personally I think Thompson should be prevented from using the word "government" in his selling spiel since he was a senator. Tommy Lee Jones is starring in half a dozen movies on cable TV but he apparently can't resist another couple of million to use his considerable acting talents to sell insurance and William Devane is selling gold. There is nothing illegal about it but it seems sleazy and hypocritical for mega rich actors to use their talent to try to peddle a product that they obviously don't use and don't need.

Should bill clinton be prohibited from using the word "government" as well?
He's worth about 10 times what Thompson is.

Libs seem to need to know how much money people have.
I guess it makes sense because they need to know how many times they will have to stick their
hands in their pockets.

Move along... These are not the evil rich 1% that Liberal droids are looking for.
th

He's worth about 10 times what Thompson is.

I haven't heard about Bubba Bill's sponsorship. What is he shilling for, condoms?

He's worth about 10 times what Thompson is.[/QUOTE
I haven't heard about Bubba Bill's sponsorship. What is he shilling for, condoms?
Nope..........kneepads.

I don't care if they make a lot of money but I suggest a couple of things: #1 indicate that the actors are paid for their endorsement. #2 indicate how much they are paid. #3 prohibit former politicians (like Fred Thompson) from using words like "government" that tend to indicate government support for the products they are promoting.

Why? Who is putting these restrictions on YOUR earnings? Worry about yourself and STFU.

It's called "capitalism".

What is it with Hollywood actors? A million or two or three per movie isn't enough?

Who are you to decide what is "enough" for someone else?

I don't want to make that decision. My point is that the actors are using their celebrity status and their substantial talent to (fool?) Americans into buying products they obviously don't use? All I suggest is that the ad. agencies indicate what the actors are being paid.

The libs will never be happy until every body in America makes the same $120.00 a week regardless of what they do for a living.

I suggest you mind your own fucking business.

What is it with Hollywood actors? A million or two or three per movie isn't enough?

Who are you to decide what is "enough" for someone else?

I don't want to make that decision. My point is that the actors are using their celebrity status and their substantial talent to (fool?) Americans into buying products they obviously don't use? All I suggest is that the ad. agencies indicate what the actors are being paid.

You don't know what products anyone else does or doesn't use, and it's none of your fucking business anyway.

It's called "capitalism".

I believe in capitalism. I believe that people should be able to get the most for goods they sell without government interference. I also believe that people who make an incredible amount of money are using their talents to convince other people to buy goods that they don't need. I don't object to listing the salary o pizza delivery people and I don't object to listing the salaries of politicians. All I am saying is that Ad. agencies should be required to state whether an actor is using his status as a public service or if he/she is a salesman and is using his/her considerable talent to convince people to purchase an item.

Forum List

Back