Don't think of your party (if applicable).

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Stop. Be honest. Don't be a parrot for your party. Just tell me honestly.....

Do you think this is the worst administration and worst president in the history of our country?

I do.

Do you think this is the worst administration and worst president in the history of our country?

I do.

Of course not, the notion is ridiculous.

And that is indeed being honest.

Obviously you’ve never heard of Taft, Harding, Coolidge, or Hoover.

It’s idiocy to try to evaluate a given administration while still in office; Truman was despised during his time and is now considered among our greatest presidents.

Such evaluations can only be made in an objective context, at least 30 years after an administration has left office.

Well, I wasn't around during Taft, Harding, Coolidge or Hoover so I have no idea of the he said she saids.

I do.

Same here, and I don't espouse to the two party system.

I do.

History of our Country? I can only speak from experience for Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama. I was too young to remember LBJ. From my memory, yes, the current administration is by far the worst in my lifetime. On a scale of 1 to 10 Obama's administration is a 0, Nixon was a 2, Carter a 3, Ford 3, Bush 2 was a 4, Bush 1 was a 5, Clinton a 7, Reagan a 9.

carter, lbj were the worst
actually Nixon was a pretty good president.

If obama keeps his tom foolery up he may become the worst.
One thing in defense of Carter. He had a strong belief in Christ so he had some sense of the Christian cause and wasn't a divider.

Reagan was pretty good, but I don't think he was as conservative as he is portrayed.
Cliton was a pretty good pres. He was held in check by Newt Gingrich and the 2 were actually a pretty good team.
W 43 was a prxetty expensive president and the guy was a spend thrift and wouldn't veto any spending bills
actually the Bush's were pretty crappy sorta like lbj and carter

Last edited:

I do.

History of our Country? I can only speak from experience for Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama. I was too young to remember LBJ. From my memory, yes, the current administration is by far the worst in my lifetime. On a scale of 1 to 10 Obama's administration is a 0, Nixon was a 2, Carter a 3, Ford 3, Bush 2 was a 4, Bush 1 was a 5, Clinton a 7, Reagan a 9.

I was too young for Reagan, I was remotely aware of HW Bush, was still in grade school when Clinton was president, as well as Bush II, then I was in high school for the last two years of his first term and the first two years of his second term. I was a hard right republican in 2008 when Obama was elected, and in 2012, I saw my metamorphosis into a libertarian

But from my studies of these presidents using [MENTION=43831]RKMBrown[/MENTION]'s 1-10 scale:

Reagan 9, HW Bush 6, Clinton 7, Bush II 5, Obama, well is there a negative scale for Obama?

I do.

Yes.

Until recently I would have said Jimmy The Peanut's was worse and the Stuttering Clusterfuck's a close second.

It isn't even close anymore.

Not just the Head of State.... The ENTIRE Administration from Hitlery Clinton to Eric Himmler, to the IRS, the NSA, Crappy Nappy at Homeland Security, Kathleen Sebellius....

The whole Administration is not just corrupt but incompetent

I do.

I think the question no longer makes sense.

That question is based on the theory that our government works for the benefit of the nation as a whole.

It doesn't, and I'm not sure it has for at least my entire adult lifetime.

I've never been so ashamed of America or of a President. Pathetic and disgraceful come to mind.

I do.

No, not even close. Not in the bottom 20.

I've never been so ashamed of America or of a President. Pathetic and disgraceful come to mind.

Embarrassing

What can the rest of the World think of a Country whose Citizens are so shallow, so stupid, so childish as to elect a 'rock star' instead of a Leader....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vNjBLdAyHP0]Conan: President Obama Tries To Explain Obamacare Without a Teleprompter - YouTube[/ame]

Now watch and listen to what a Leader sounds and looks like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkiHWjX1yX0&feature=player_detailpage]9/11: George Bush Jr at the trade center, 9/14/2001. - YouTube[/ame]

Disgraceful. What we have fallen to is simply disgraceful

Well, I wasn't around during Taft, Harding, Coolidge or Hoover so I have no idea of the he said she saids.

So...lets say you're 36, that means you were born in 1977, wasn't politically aware until you were 10 or so. You can only compare Bush I&II, Clinton and Obama? Which one of them got 1 term? That should be your starting point I would think...

The only saving grace for Carter not being the worst President in history is the Camp David Peace Accords. Barring that, Obama has secured the title of the worst in history. IMHO

I do.

I think your opinion makes you the dumbest poster in the history of USMB,

or at least in a tie for that honor.

In modern history, Nixon was the worst, GW Bush second worst, Reagan 3rd, Bush Sr. fourth, Gerald Ford fifth worst.

I do.
No it's by no means great but there have been far worse when this topic comes up people have bad habit of only going back 20 or 30 years in history.

In modern history, Nixon was the worst, GW Bush second worst, Reagan 3rd, Bush Sr. fourth, Gerald Ford fifth worst.

Don't forget Lincoln. He was a Republican, too.

And thanks for not thinking of your party first.

But as we all know, The Party is infallible isn't it, Uncle Joe?

I do.
No it's by no means great but there have been far worse when this topic comes up people have bad habit of only going back 20 or 30 years in history.

The Administration of US Grant was probably the most corrupt in our History but Grant himself was scrupulously honest.

He was not cut out to be President. He should have never accepted the nomination.

Everybody around Grant was a crook, but Grant himself died a pauper. He wrote his memoirs virtually on his death bed in order to provide for his widow.

At one time he borrowed money from JP Morgan for an ill-conceived business venture and lost it all.

JP Morgan wanted to forgive the debt but the Grants wouldn't hear of it. They gathered up and sold much of their Household possessions in order to pay him back.

Which they did.

obama is the worst president in our history. Without any doubt in my mind whatsoever.

None.

You can't just look at the president, you have to look at who he brings to Washington with him.

US Grant deserves a lot of criticism for the people he let run wild but he gets a pass from me.

Can you imagine the PTSD the man had to be suffering from?

He gets a pass.

obama is a liar, a crook, an Anti-American scumbag and a Stuttering Clusterfuck Of A Miserable Failure.

Considering I don't identify with either party or any ideology, this will be pretty easy.
I was very young when Nixon was around, but from what I learned about the guy he would be about a 7 (throwing out Watergate). Carter was a 4, Reagan was a 7, HW Bush also 7, Clinton 8, "W" 4 and I have Obama, "W"'s twin at a 4.
I think Reagan wasn't as conservative as people would like to think. He was the right guy at the right time, definitely a uniter. Clinton was very good (I never did vote for the guy), he was the last president who had the sense and the ability to work with the opposing party if he hadn't fucked around with skirts I would have rated him higher.
I see no difference between "W" and "O".

Forum List

Back