Don't Worry -- It's just "metadata".

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
I'm hopping mad having just heard a prime example of the arrogance of the clowns running our lives.. Diane Feinstein just got face time to try and defuse the revelation that NSA is now forcing Verizon to provide "phone metadata" to them..

"Don't worry... It's just metadata."

What a mental midget...

What is phone metadata? It's the record of phone contacts, length of call, time and date. Essentially the same info that generates the company's billing record. We're supposed to be relieved that the CONTENT of that call is not monitored... But what could you do with metadata?

1) Your client list
2) Your accountant, doctors, brokers
3) A pretty clear picture of who you donate to
4) A good guess as to whether you are having an affair
5) Your bank and credit holders
6) Where you've been
7) How long you were there

And the list goes on. As a matter of fact from a logical point of view, if the data is good enough to determine your proximate contact to "terrorists" --- It's good enough to know what your entire life is like..

I've got some spying in my background. Won't elaborate on that. And this just chills me to the bone. Are we stupid enough to be led to tyranny? Obviously, Feinstein and the other power usurpers will.

Please leave the PARTISIAN B.S. outside. This is NOT a partisian problem. This is YOUR problem. If Feinstein is the one protecting YOUR civil liberties --- FIRE HER. And please wake up..

Last edited:
I'm hopping mad having just heard a prime example of the arrogance of the clowns running our lives.. Diane Feinstein just got face time to try and defuse the revelation that NSA is now forcing Verizon to provide "phone metadata" to them..

What a mental midget...

What is phone metadata? It's the record of phone contacts, length of call, time and date. Essentially the same info that generates the company's billing record. We're supposed to be relieved that the CONTENT of that call is not monitored... But what could you do with metadata?

1) Your client list
6) Where you've been

And the list goes on. As a matter of fact from a logical point of view, if the data is good enough to determine your proximate contact to "terrorists" --- It's good enough to know what your entire life is like..

I've got some spying in my background. Won't elaborate on that. And this just chills me to the bone. Are we stupid enough to be led to tyranny? Obviously, Feinstein and the other power-hungry partisians will.

Please leave the PARTISIAN B.S. outside. This is NOT a partisian problem. This is YOUR problem. If Feinstein is the one protecting YOUR civil liberties --- FIRE HER. And please wake up..

Welcome to the NSA UTAH DATA BASE CENTER. It just went Online last week. Where Obamacare, IRS & Civil Asset Fortfeiture Laws create the Perfect Storm for the ultimate American nightmare. They will have all the personal information they need to target anyone they wish. Imagine the possibilities. They are endless.

Last edited:

What a mental midget...

1) Your client list
6) Where you've been

I've got some spying in my background. Won't elaborate on that. And this just chills me to the bone. Are we stupid enough to be led to tyranny? Obviously, Feinstein and the other power usurpers will.

I'm sure it's Bush's fault and Sgt Schultz Obama knew nothing.

Help me out here.. Add to that list of what they know and guess about you from this

HARMLESS

Metadata..

Anybody know if tower location is part of the metadata? With that - and any calls to sporting goods or field guides or gun ranges (or from the NRA or other groups) --- they could pretty can tell if you're a hunter out in field for deer season or a firearms owner..

My gosh -- if you're in construction and you're talking to explosive suppliers or dealing with the Nuclear Power industry -- you are now a "suspect".. Aren't you?

Last edited:
Help me out here.. Add to that list of what they know and guess about you from this

HARMLESS

Metadata..

Anybody know if tower location is part of the metadata? With that - and any calls to sporting goods or field guides or gun ranges (or from the NRA or other groups) --- they could pretty can tell if you're a hunter out in field for deer season or a firearms owner..

My gosh -- if you're in construction and you're talking to explosive suppliers or dealing with the Nuclear Power industry -- you are now a "suspect".. Aren't you?

Yes, tower information, gps information, all sorts of location information is in the metadata.

HARMLESS

Metadata..

Yes, tower information, gps information, all sorts of location information is in the metadata.

Holy crap man.. We are hosed.. How does this happen? And can I buy stock in landlines?

There it is. There is more to the agenda of NSA Utah Data Base Center but as they just went Online last week you can now watch these stories of data gathering, court orders to surrender all records as recent story of Google, Fox News, etc came out. And now Verizon.. It is all happening at the same time because the data is being transferred right now.

HARMLESS

Metadata..

Holy crap man.. We are hosed.. How does this happen? And can I buy stock in landlines?

How does it happen? Easy, we let the fox into the hen house. Bush started it and Obama kept it going, even made it worse if that was possible. Yeah you can buy stock in land line phones, but the the location of land lines phones are fixed and well known, so the extra meta data about the location is not necessary. They've been tracking all your calls from land line phones since the un-patriot act was signed.

Last edited:

How does it happen? Easy, we let the fox into the hen house. Bush started it and Obama kept it going, even made it worse if that was possible. Yeah you can buy stock in land line phones, but the the location of land lines phones are fixed and well known, so the extra meta data about the location is not necessary. They've been tracking all your calls from land line phones since the un-patriot act was signed.

May be time for Rand Paul to do another fillibuster. We need to pull the funding for ANY facility that enhances and enriches this information on domestic intelligience. It can't be in the hands of a highly partisian, power hungry govt with no accountability.. It really shouldn't be in the hands of ATT or Verizon or Google either --- but they don't have prisons and guns and tanks..

What a mental midget...

1) Your client list
6) Where you've been

You are nearly a decade late. It's nice to see YOU have finally woken up, but Bush was doing this long before Obama.

Let's take just a short trip back in time to 2006:

NSA has massive database of Americans' phone calls

The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY.

The NSA program reaches into homes and businesses across the nation by amassing information about the calls of ordinary Americans — most of whom aren't suspected of any crime. This program does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations. But the spy agency is using the data to analyze calling patterns in an effort to detect terrorist activity, sources said in separate interviews.

"It's the largest database ever assembled in the world," said one person, who, like the others who agreed to talk about the NSA's activities, declined to be identified by name or affiliation. The agency's goal is "to create a database of every call ever made" within the nation's borders, this person added.

Among the big telecommunications companies, only Qwest has refused to help the NSA, the sources said. According to multiple sources, Qwest declined to participate because it was uneasy about the legal implications of handing over customer information to the government without warrants.

Qwest's refusal to participate has left the NSA with a hole in its database. Based in Denver, Qwest provides local phone service to 14 million customers in 14 states in the West and Northwest. But AT&T and Verizon also provide some services — primarily long-distance and wireless — to people who live in Qwest's region. Therefore, they can provide the NSA with at least some access in that area.

After searching your phone records, Bush asked Congress to give retroactive immunity to the telecommunications companies which turned over your records:

The Bush administration maintains that the changes are consistent with FISA's intent--that targeting foreign communications doesn't require a warrant--and that a warrant is still required for "targeting a person in the United States." But civil-liberties advocates argue that the government is creating a loophole to monitor Americans' e-mails and phone calls to overseas contacts without the intended court approval.

The new law also immunizes from legal liability the private companies that assist the government with surveillance going forward, but Bush repeated existing calls for making that policy retroactive as well.

"It's particularly important for Congress to provide meaningful liability protection to those companies now facing multibillion-dollar lawsuits only because they are believed to have assisted in efforts to defend our nation, following the 9/11 attacks," Bush said.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation, which has sued AT&T over its allegedly illegal cooperation with the government, says references to the crippling liability posed by such suits suggest that the scope of the wiretapping is "massive."

The Republican Congress passed the law, giving them that immunity.

Last edited:
Bush and Obama are Progressives.
This is why we got the Patriot ACT, and the Bank bailouts.
Obama has expanded the Patriot Act and did even more bailouts.
Like I keep saying, we have progressives in both parties.
We the people need to vote the progressives out.

Trust me G5000.. I've been screaming for a couple decades since the Asset Forfeiture stuff and the War on Drugs.. Not a Rep or Dem bone in my body.. BUT --- you are right.. I never realized that I would KNOW THE DAY or the the year that the trap snapped shut... I see the door closing RIGHT NOW.

ATT is a lacky for this because of connections to the Intelligience community. They were a push-over and PROBABLY a major provacatuer... Verizon was a foot-dragger..

A good dinner gift certificate says that ATT is gonna make HUGE BUCKS installing phone capacity at the new Utah facility...

Progressives? Not sure what the proper term is to describe this behavior, but I'd lean more towards Authoritarians than Progressives. Conservatives and Progressives alike include folks that prefer liberty over oppressive authority. So you really can't color this as a left or right problem, it's more of an up or down problem described as authoritarianism vs libertarianism.

HARMLESS

Metadata..

Really? You didn't know this?

There has been several court cases already using cell phone records as evidence.

They provide your location and all sorts of goodies.

Glad to see I am not alone in thinking that there really isn't much difference.

So we're calling this progressivism now, are we?

I mean I don't care what its called as long as people understand that political partisanship is their SMOKESCREEN

I mean I don't care what its called as long as people understand that political partisanship is their SMOKESCREEN
It's only a smokescreen for the people who care to look. Many prefer to believe the money they are receiving grows on trees, it makes them sleep better at night than coming to the realization that they are benefiting through the punishment of others.

Smokescreen for what?

The people allowed this happen. These processes are up and running because no one did anything about it. Quite the contrary..they enabled it.

Terrorism was the bandwagon everyone drove to get this done.

What do you think Franklin was talking about with his "security" quote.

This.

Trust me G5000.. I've been screaming for a couple decades since the Asset Forfeiture stuff and the War on Drugs.. Not a Rep or Dem bone in my body.. BUT --- you are right.. I never realized that I would KNOW THE DAY or the the year that the trap snapped shut... I see the door closing RIGHT NOW.

ATT is a lacky for this because of connections to the Intelligience community. They were a push-over and PROBABLY a major provacatuer... Verizon was a foot-dragger..

A good dinner gift certificate says that ATT is gonna make HUGE BUCKS installing phone capacity at the new Utah facility...

Speaking of civil asset fortfeiture laws & war on drugs - you do realize now that NSA Data Base Center is now open, up and running Online as of last week - that the IRS - Obamacare arm of NSA can seize your assets for collateral cost of drug rehab for any family members and with phone records - your most private information in their hands ( spy agency ) they could target your assets to cover it.

That will all be part of Obamacare and with NSA Utah Data Center - they have collected all the information they will need to use it against you and your family members. The liberals did this to themselves without even realizing what they were doing. Won't they be hating life soon? - Jeri

Forum List

Back