Doom and Gloom Prophecies

I wonder has much more efficiently and less costly they would have been run by the private sector?
Because the private sector worked so well in the late 20's?

The private sector has always worked vastly better than Government. And maybe this eludes you...but the Government creates nothing. The money for the TVA and WPA came out of the private sector.

BTW, the national debt is currently heading for $18 trillion. They just voted to raise it above $17 trillion a month ago and it is now over $17,800,000,000,000.00.

Who's spending all of that money?

America used to let PRIVATE CITIZENS do big things. Not government.

Now days, the Democrat motto is "You can't do any of that because someone else built that for you!"

I wonder how many people posting are alive today because their grandparents took advantage of programs like the TVA or the WPA?

I wonder has much more efficiently and less costly they would have been run by the private sector?

Stop wondering...no.

Mythbusters: “The private sector is more efficient than the public sector”

I wonder how many people posting are alive today because their grandparents took advantage of programs like the TVA or the WPA?

Stop wondering...no.

Anyone who has worked in both knows that the private sector as a rule is much more efficient than the public sector.

Stop wondering...no.

Anyone who has worked in both knows that the private sector as a rule is much more efficient than the public sector.

Anyone who has watched civilians take over jobs that military personnel used to do know that is bovine feces.

How are those private prisons working out?

Anyone who has watched civilians take over jobs that military personnel used to do know that is bovine feces.

If your experience with this is limited to "civilians taking over jobs that military personnel used to do" then you need to STFU.
It is hysterical that libs can scream about $50 hammers and $120 toilets and then tell us gov't does things more efficiently.
How efficient has the Obamacare website been?

If your experience with this is limited to "civilians taking over jobs that military personnel used to do" then you need to STFU.
It is hysterical that libs can scream about $50 hammers and $120 toilets and then tell us gov't does things more efficiently.
How efficient has the Obamacare website been?

No, that was just one example, but it is a valid one.

You bitch about a $50 hammer but don't blink at a $20 aspirin your "private" insurance pays for?

No, that was just one example, but it is a valid one.

You bitch about a $50 hammer but don't blink at a $20 aspirin your "private" insurance pays for?

You got off lucky. I got hit with $56 Tylenol pills during my last hospital visit.

Smartest comment I have read in this debate since it started well over a year ago.

The GOP should actually be hoping the exchanges work. Afterall, they are competitive insurance markets.

The INS companies are weaping over ACA because formerly they often had MONOPOLY control over health insurance in various states.

America used to let PRIVATE CITIZENS do big things. Not government.

Now days, the Democrat motto is "You can't do any of that because someone else built that for you!"

Ever bother to read history? They were about as effective and efficient as any program, private or government, has ever been. We have an example of private sector running things in our present health care system. The most costly in the world on a per capita basis, doesn't cover all citizens, and has third world results compared to the single payer universal health care systems in other industrialized nations.

Smartest comment I have read in this debate since it started well over a year ago.

The GOP should actually be hoping the exchanges work. Afterall, they are competitive insurance markets.

The INS companies are weaping over ACA because formerly they often had MONOPOLY control over health insurance in various states.

So now they have no control?

The grabasstic incompetent feds have the reigns.

Ever bother to read history? They were about as effective and efficient as any program, private or government, has ever been. We have an example of private sector running things in our present health care system. The most costly in the world on a per capita basis, doesn't cover all citizens, and has third world results compared to the single payer universal health care systems in other industrialized nations.

Wow, that is so incorrect.

Why is our health care so expensive?

Could it be because of constant innovation?

Could be because of lack of competition due to Medicare?

Could it be because of big pharm?

Could it be because of expensive government regulations?

Could it be because of frivolous lawsuits and massive malpractice settlements?

*shrugs*

Last edited:
Repubs have thread after thread going on about how everything is bad and everything WILL CONTINUE to be bad! Forever!

Because Americans used ti be able to do big things...bit not anymore. Repubs are here to tell us "dont do that, we cant do that or dont even try that" the website isn't working translate it into Republic speak that means it'll never work. Some people were dropped from coverage translated means they'll never get coverage again. America is doomed folks. Our old system was so great that no other industrialized Nation does it!

Our old system was so great that millions were denied coverage and 60% of bankruptcies were caused from medical bills. (go look it up yourself)

Now millions of people will have healthcare and the system isn't perfect. Boo hoo. A plan that affects the entire US will of course hit some bumps ...will require tweaking etc. No biggie and it's not the end of the world

No, millions are losing their healthcare and that number will hit 10's of millions when it starts hitting employee insurance next year.

Oh, that's just some scare tactic from Faux News......:eusa_shifty:

Half Truth...

Millions are losing their healthcare...true

And they will never get healthcare again....wait, nope the rest of the story is they will have healthcare. Unless you're saying those people that are losing it will never get any healthcare at all.

That's a lie by omission...I'm sure you're familiar with since you just did it again

No, millions are losing their healthcare and that number will hit 10's of millions when it starts hitting employee insurance next year.

Half Truth...

And they will never get healthcare again....wait, nope the rest of the story is they will have healthcare. Unless you're saying those people that are losing it will never get any healthcare at all.

That's a lie by omission...I'm sure you're familiar with since you just did it again

Since I never said it it's not my lie. I don't know anyone who's saying that. What is happening is cancer patients have lost their health care and still need to be treated while they're waiting for Obama to get his shit together. Meanwhile many are reporting the loss of excellent affordable coverage and their only option is more expensive insurance that won't even begin to pay claims for months if ever. Oh, and here's the kicker; many of them have to begin searching for a new doctor or hospital that is stupid enough to accept Obamacare and risk nonpayment.

Half Truth...

Since I never said it it's not my lie. I don't know anyone who's saying that. What is happening is cancer patients have lost their health care and still need to be treated while they're waiting for Obama to get his shit together. Meanwhile many are reporting the loss of excellent affordable coverage and their only option is more expensive insurance that won't even begin to pay claims for months if ever. Oh, and here's the kicker; many of them have to begin searching for a new doctor or hospital that is stupid enough to accept Obamacare and risk nonpayment.

Truth.

It is a sad fact we have fallen a long way from Reagan's cheery optimism and heavy hitting ideas to the modern day pack of whiners and pessimists dominating the right wing rhetoric.

Whining and moaning is not an attractive quality that is going to bring in a lot of recruits.

Superior ideas will, not bitching about how many rounds of golf a guy plays.

If you are out of ideas and do nothing now but resort to attacking the other guy's ideas and making personal attacks on his wife and bashing minorities at every opportunity, you are a zombie party.

Last edited:
Repubs have thread after thread going on about how everything is bad and everything WILL CONTINUE to be bad! Forever!

Because Americans used ti be able to do big things...bit not anymore. Repubs are here to tell us "dont do that, we cant do that or dont even try that" the website isn't working translate it into Republic speak that means it'll never work. Some people were dropped from coverage translated means they'll never get coverage again. America is doomed folks. Our old system was so great that no other industrialized Nation does it!

Our old system was so great that millions were denied coverage and 60% of bankruptcies were caused from medical bills. (go look it up yourself)

Now millions of people will have healthcare and the system isn't perfect. Boo hoo. A plan that affects the entire US will of course hit some bumps ...will require tweaking etc. No biggie and it's not the end of the world

Yeah, 25,000 enrollees and 1,200,000 cancellations. Only in liberal lala land is this considered success.

You libs are so dumb.

Half Truth...

Things change with change...Surprised?

I mean creating an entirely new system from scratch isn't easy. I think that maybe you thought it would be easy or fast or without problems or something...but if you thought that (which apparently you do) then you were mistaken.

Forum List

Back