Dow futures portend another 1000 point dump today

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
The US has now tested around 1500 people. NoKo and many other countries are in the hundreds of thousands. Is it possible that Donald doesn't WANT people tested because he doesn't want us to know the scope of the problem? That is the conclusion I've reached. There really isn't another one.

• The Dow Jones is set to open with a 580-drop amidst heightened coronavirus fear.
  • A Yale professor warned the U.S. is not testing nearly enough individuals compared to other countries.
  • Massive outflow of funds from the stock market raises probability of a sizable pullback.

Dow Futures Sink 580 Points as Yale Prof. Makes Chilling Coronavirus Warning

The US has now tested around 1500 people. NoKo and many other countries are in the hundreds of thousands. Is it possible that Donald doesn't WANT people tested because he doesn't want us to know the scope of the problem? That is the conclusion I've reached. There really isn't another one.

• The Dow Jones is set to open with a 580-drop amidst heightened coronavirus fear.
  • A Yale professor warned the U.S. is not testing nearly enough individuals compared to other countries.
  • Massive outflow of funds from the stock market raises probability of a sizable pullback.

It must be sad having to cheer economic disaster just because of your own political madness.

It must be sad having to cheer economic disaster just because of your own political madness.

I cheer no such thing. Simply continuing to point out that lies, suppression and disinformation do NOT help my IRA..

I cheer no such thing. Simply continuing to point out that lies, suppression and disinformation do NOT help my IRA..

Bullshit.

Your IRA may be hurt short term, but unless you are ready to retire and still have it mostly invested in high risk items, you should be fine.

In fact dips like this, panic dips, usually work out better in the long run, because right now any money you add to it (or a 401k) buys more shares.

From your misleading link:

"It is well within the realm of possibility that there are 100,000 people infected with this right now in the United States," Forman said. "Healthcare providers may be being exposed, other patients may be being exposed, and until you can give confidence to people about those answers, we are in a crisis here."

=====

I see that a person can make a wild unsupported guess, be taken at face value, have a panic morning. What I see here is manufacturing a crisis over a virus that seems to kill mostly the old and those with an already existing underlying health problem, the rest of us are beating the virus when infected. There have been 14 deaths in America, not one less than 50 years of age.

Currently the total number of people confirmed Infected is 100,330, with 55, 753 recovered, WORLDWIDE

LINK

Now you understand why I can't accept his wild guesses?

America are that weak and stupid these days?

Last edited:

Well.... no.....it's because Biden is surging in the Polls....lol....
The Exchange numbers don't affect enough votes to matter anyway.
Only about five percent of the American Public has enough interest financially
to bother following the numbers.

JO

JO

I think the number is much higher because the market affects 401k and IRA values.

The key issue is if this remains panic selling, or we start seeing actual economic disruptions in supply chains and service industries.

The problem with these stupid authoritarian leftist fucks is that they have absolutely no idea what they stand FOR. All they know is what they have been trained to stand against.

JO

I think the number is much higher because the market affects 401k and IRA values.

The key issue is if this remains panic selling, or we start seeing actual economic disruptions in supply chains and service industries.
I agree. I also say there will be some disruptions, but they should be short lived, but expect some. People need not panic and just ride the tide. Don’t make any aggressive moves over fear, as this too shall pass.

JO

I agree. I also say there will be some disruptions, but they should be short lived, but expect some. People need not panic and just ride the tide. Don’t make any aggressive moves over fear, as this too shall pass.

The indicator I will use is when the canned soup shelves at the supermarket are empty from panic buying.

JO

The indicator I will use is when the canned soup shelves at the supermarket are empty from panic buying.

YEP..... I went out to the local Walmart the other night and what I saw was beyond belief.....this is a supercenter so it has some pretty goddamn impressive shelf space... IT literally looked like a bomb hit....,.My Grandson happens to like the Chef Boyardee beefaroni....terrible for your health but popular with the kids anyway...NOT ONE DAMNED can of the stuff in the store....Canned soups....GONE...,. ALL GONE.....I'm talking freaking empty shelves like an Apocalypse movie....it was totally surreal. Bread....Crackers....anything that stores for long periods of time......Just about gone. The manager had to call stockers in from other stores to try to get the store in shape for the next morning....never seen anything like it ever.

JO

JO

YEP..... I went out to the local Walmart the other night and what I saw was beyond belief.....this is a supercenter so it has some pretty goddamn impressive shelf space... IT literally looked like a bomb hit....,.My Grandson happens to like the Chef Boyardee beefaroni....terrible for your health but popular with the kids anyway...NOT ONE DAMNED can of the stuff in the store....Canned soups....GONE...,. ALL GONE.....I'm talking freaking empty shelves like an Apocalypse movie....it was totally surreal. Bread....Crackers....anything that stores for long periods of time......Just about gone. The manager had to call stockers in from other stores to try to get the store in shape for the next morning....never seen anything like it ever.

JO

On a lark i checked my cabinets for how much food I have. If electric/water/gas stay on I got a month's worth of base level sustenance.

If I lose electric I'd have 3 weeks, if i lost gas and water about 2 weeks.

JO

Not me. It just means demand is up, a good thing. Good for its American production facilities, and stock. And after the rush, demand will slow once again. Many people panic buy. Just a fact of life.

Did you see the run on toilet paper in Australia? Some panicked as they only have one manufacturer there.
Australia Puts Limits On Toilet Paper Sale Amid Coronavirus Panic Buying
Some of the satire pieces about it have been rich. Lol
One Nation Offers Up Their Policy Plans To The Nation Should Australia Run Out Of Toilet Paper
Mob Attacks Cute Puppy For Stealing Toilet Paper

JO

Tell that to the airlines, cruise lines, and major corporations who are cancelling all travel and telling employees to work from home.

NRlEYBOB_400x400.jpg

If you chose to do an IRA with a non conservative portfolio profile I'm pretty sure you were warned when you
opened it that it's performance was not guaranteed. It really doesn't matter who is in the White House or what the market is doing....it depends on what the portfolio is composed of.

JO

JO

Tell that to the airlines, cruise lines, and major corporations who are cancelling all travel and telling employees to work from home.

NRlEYBOB_400x400.jpg
Yes, as I said there will be disruptions, but should be short lived. Yeah, international flights and the tourist and cruise industry are going to take a hit. They survived 9/11. They will survive again.

Forum List

Back