Dow futures portend another 1000 point dump today

The US has now tested around 1500 people. NoKo and many other countries are in the hundreds of thousands. Is it possible that Donald doesn't WANT people tested because he doesn't want us to know the scope of the problem? That is the conclusion I've reached. There really isn't another one.

• The Dow Jones is set to open with a 580-drop amidst heightened coronavirus fear.
  • A Yale professor warned the U.S. is not testing nearly enough individuals compared to other countries.
  • Massive outflow of funds from the stock market raises probability of a sizable pullback.

Dow Futures Sink 580 Points as Yale Prof. Makes Chilling Coronavirus Warning

It must be sad having to cheer economic disaster just because of your own political madness.

Well.... no.....it's because Biden is surging in the Polls....lol....
The Exchange numbers don't affect enough votes to matter anyway.
Only about five percent of the American Public has enough interest financially
to bother following the numbers.

JO

I think the number is much higher because the market affects 401k and IRA values.

The key issue is if this remains panic selling, or we start seeing actual economic disruptions in supply chains and service industries.
I agree. I also say there will be some disruptions, but they should be short lived, but expect some. People need not panic and just ride the tide. Don’t make any aggressive moves over fear, as this too shall pass.

Tell that to the airlines, cruise lines, and major corporations who are cancelling all travel and telling employees to work from home.

NRlEYBOB_400x400.jpg

Yes...well panic tends to be contagious even if the virus isn't....in this case I suppose it's both.
But the hair on fire stuff is totally unproductive even for real emergencies.

JO

The US has now tested around 1500 people. NoKo and many other countries are in the hundreds of thousands. Is it possible that Donald doesn't WANT people tested because he doesn't want us to know the scope of the problem? That is the conclusion I've reached. There really isn't another one.

• The Dow Jones is set to open with a 580-drop amidst heightened coronavirus fear.
  • A Yale professor warned the U.S. is not testing nearly enough individuals compared to other countries.
  • Massive outflow of funds from the stock market raises probability of a sizable pullback.

It must be sad having to cheer economic disaster just because of your own political madness.

I cheer no such thing. Simply continuing to point out that lies, suppression and disinformation do NOT help my IRA..
Lack of US test kits has nothing to do with CV driving the global markets lower.

I cheer no such thing. Simply continuing to point out that lies, suppression and disinformation do NOT help my IRA..
RLMAO..... fuck you.
You're cheering a drop in the market.

Don’t touch your IRA. Then see how it’s doing in 6 months from now. Panic selling will cause you to lose.

JO

I think the number is much higher because the market affects 401k and IRA values.

The key issue is if this remains panic selling, or we start seeing actual economic disruptions in supply chains and service industries.
I agree. I also say there will be some disruptions, but they should be short lived, but expect some. People need not panic and just ride the tide. Don’t make any aggressive moves over fear, as this too shall pass.

The indicator I will use is when the canned soup shelves at the supermarket are empty from panic buying.

YEP..... I went out to the local Walmart the other night and what I saw was beyond belief.....this is a supercenter so it has some pretty goddamn impressive shelf space... IT literally looked like a bomb hit....,.My Grandson happens to like the Chef Boyardee beefaroni....terrible for your health but popular with the kids anyway...NOT ONE DAMNED can of the stuff in the store....Canned soups....GONE...,. ALL GONE.....I'm talking freaking empty shelves like an Apocalypse movie....it was totally surreal. Bread....Crackers....anything that stores for long periods of time......Just about gone. The manager had to call stockers in from I other stores to try to get the store in shape for the next morning....never seen anything like it ever.

JO
I went to Target yesterday. Nothing going on. All the shelves were well stocked. In fact, as you walked in the front doors there was a huge toilet paper display. Maybe it's panic exhaustion.

JO

The indicator I will use is when the canned soup shelves at the supermarket are empty from panic buying.

YEP..... I went out to the local Walmart the other night and what I saw was beyond belief.....this is a supercenter so it has some pretty goddamn impressive shelf space... IT literally looked like a bomb hit....,.My Grandson happens to like the Chef Boyardee beefaroni....terrible for your health but popular with the kids anyway...NOT ONE DAMNED can of the stuff in the store....Canned soups....GONE...,. ALL GONE.....I'm talking freaking empty shelves like an Apocalypse movie....it was totally surreal. Bread....Crackers....anything that stores for long periods of time......Just about gone. The manager had to call stockers in from I other stores to try to get the store in shape for the next morning....never seen anything like it ever.

JO
I went to Target yesterday. Nothing going on. All the shelves were well stocked. In fact, as you walked in the front doors there was a huge toilet paper display. Maybe it's panic exhaustion.
The COSTCO here is getting more traffic but nothing like what's going in Cali. I also was in a Target a couple days ago and it was nearly empty with all shelves nicely stocked.

JO
The COSTCO here is getting more traffic but nothing like what's going in Cali. I also was in a Target a couple days ago and it was nearly empty with all shelves nicely stocked.
I wonder how China managed it when it quarantined everyone in major cities. Did they deliver food or what?

What's the matter OP, your other thread on this subject wasn't enough ?
Your glee in posting these is disgusting.

Rally into the finish for down just a half percent. Theres that 26000 level again plus or minus a few.....Starting to think there is something very important about that number way it keeps occurring.

Don’t touch your IRA. Then see how it’s doing in 6 months from now. Panic selling will cause you to lose.

I already dumped a butt-ton when this incompetent chaos began and the market tanked 15%.

Your concern and advice are appreciated, however I'm doing just fine.

25,864.78 −256.50 (0.98%)
Mar 6, 5:01 PM EST

Our Sam’s was out of boxed water. BJ’s had 9 boxes left.

I already dumped a butt-ton when this incompetent chaos began and the market tanked 15%.

You’d be doing a lot better if you didn’t. Mark my words.

RLMAO..... fuck you.

And fuck you back muddy :)

You’d be doing a lot better if you didn’t. Mark my words.

I don't need a financial advisor, but shall enjoy watching your anxiety mount ;)

SXSW canceled due to coronavirus after Austin declares 'local disaster'

Latest cancellations, as of Friday, March 6:

• The 10-day South by Southwest music, film and technology conference, also known as SXSW, has been canceled. Nearly 300,000 people attended in 2019. It was set to begin March 13.
  • Baltimore's Women of the World Festival, which was set to take place Saturday and draw more than 1,000 attendees, has been canceled.
  • The 58th Annual U.S. Senate Youth Program was canceled Thursday, two days before students were due to arrive in Washington, D.C. It is the second time the program has been canceled in itsalmost 60-year history.
  • On Wednesday, Northwestern University canceled its annual Dance Marathon and all university-sponsored spring break trips to international destinations , "due to a number of factors associated with the spread of COVID-19 here and abroad."
  • Organizers canceled electronic music festival Tomorrowland Winter 2020, which was scheduled to take place March 14 -21 in Alpe d’Huez, a ski resort in southeastern France.
  • The TED conference scheduled to be held in Vancouver on April 20-24 will be postponed or held virtually, according to the BBC.
  • HIMSS canceled its health technology conference, 2020 Global Health Conference & Exhibition, where President Trump was scheduled to speak. It's the first cancellation in the conference's 58-year history, officials said Thursday. The conference was set for March 9-13 in Orlando.
  • The American Bar Association on Wednesday canceled its National Institute on White Collar Crime. The event was scheduled for March 11-13 in San Diego.
  • The Ultra Music Festival in Miami, scheduled for March 20-22, has been postponed until March 26-28, 2021, organizers announced on their website.
  • Adobe has canceled the physical portion of its annual summit that was set to take place in Las Vegas March 29 to April 2. The event will instead be "an online experience."

JO

Tell that to the airlines, cruise lines, and major corporations who are cancelling all travel and telling employees to work from home.

NRlEYBOB_400x400.jpg
Yes, as I said there will be disruptions, but should be short lived. Yeah, international flights and the tourist and cruise industry are going to take a hit. They survived 9/11. They will survive again.

Oh they'll survive and the market will come back - Just not "soon" as seems to be your belief - Because you listen to a clown who knows nothing about science and has thoroughly botched the response and communication.

JO

NRlEYBOB_400x400.jpg

Yes...well panic tends to be contagious even if the virus isn't....in this case I suppose it's both.
But the hair on fire stuff is totally unproductive even for real emergencies.

JO

Speaking of "unproductive" - How about the Orange Turd's clownish, non-science, lying, and thoroughly botched response?

RLMAO..... fuck you.

And fuck you back muddy :)
No....fuck you 3 times as much.

Forum List

Back