Dow loses 1500 points in 10 days under Obama

Yes he is, but the stock market numbers aren't the indicator, the number of underemployed and unemployed workers is.

Yes he is, but the stock market numbers aren't the indicator, the number of underemployed and unemployed workers is.

So ignore the DOW, unemployment rate, GDP growth, corporate profits, or inflation. But fixate exclusively on the labor participation rate and U-6 unemployment?

Does that about cover it?

So ignore the DOW, unemployment rate, GDP growth, corporate profits, or inflation. But fixate exclusively on the labor participation rate and U-6 unemployment?

Yea, me thinks the fact that 97 million people are out of work is a bit more important than inflation.

And you might want to ignore GDP growth, since it's weak as always.

U.S. industrial output falls, signals weak first-quarter GDP growth

You might want to ignore corporate profits, since they're lowest since the Great Recession:

Corporate profits fall in 2015 for first time since Great Recession

Unemployment rate is based on low wage jobs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/b...low-wage-jobs-than-better-paid-ones.html?_r=0

You're not doing too good. I just started and I blew 3 of your listed things that were supposed to be good out of the water.

Last edited:

Yea, me thinks the fact that 97 million people are out of work is a bit more important than inflation.

So a stay at home mom is out of work? College students are 'out of work'? Retired people are 'out of work'? Because you're counting them as well.

And you might want to ignore GDP growth, since it's weak as always.

U.S. industrial output falls, signals weak first-quarter GDP growth

If our GDP growth over the last 7 years were defined by ONE QUARTER, perhaps. But as your comic blunder in the OP demonstrated.....focusing exclusively on a single quarter in exclusion of 7 years isn't the brightest thing to do.

As the DOW is now above 18,100. If the DOW is down, you insist its an indication of the 'real economy'. If the DOW is up, you ignore it entirely and refuse to discuss it.

As an aside, have you ever heard of 'Confirmation Bias'? Because you're living it.

You might want to ignore corporate profits, since they're lowest since the Great Recession:

Corporate profits fall in 2015 for first time since Great Recession

Which means they've been rising for 7 solid years. And yet in you fit of Confirmation Bias, you ignore the 7 years.....and focus on 1 quarter.

Unemployment rate is based on low wage jobs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/b...low-wage-jobs-than-better-paid-ones.html?_r=0

You're not doing too good. I just started and I blew 3 of your listed things that were supposed to be good out of the water.

And the unemployment rate is 5.5%. Having been a steady, downward trend since about 9 months after Obama took office.

Forum List

Back