Down goes DOMA!!

The minority should be made subject to the will of the majority at some point or another. So what I get here is that the will of the majority no longer matters.

That's basically what they're saying, and the supreme court is also saying that no other branch of government is equal to them, they're top dog, which is wrong as hell. The supreme court is getting a little more power than it supposed to have here. Newt Gingrich was right.

Not arguing that, but by not hearing the case and since it was already ruled unconstitutional...it's over. Prop 8 is DONE.
We'll have to bookmark this one for the next time a state decides to ignore one of the left's pet laws and regulations. :lol:

bingo. from heros ( obamacare) to goats (section 4 voters rights act) to heroes again ( gay rights per se) .........

.....the hypocrisy meter is pinned ;)

Interesting. I have already stated elsewhere that I don't have any problems with what the Supreme Court rules on the the Voters Rights Act.

The minority should be made subject to the will of the majority at some point or another. So what I get here is that the will of the majority no longer matters.

That's basically what they're saying, and the supreme court is also saying that no other branch of government is equal to them, they're top dog, which is wrong as hell. The supreme court is getting a little more power than it supposed to have here. Newt Gingrich was right.

How is the Supreme Court getting "a little more power that it supposed to have here" in this case?

Are you saying they do not have the power of Judicial Review?

Avatar is correct. Polygamy should now be defensible under the law and permitted. How that will shake things up here in the beehive state will be interesting.

I don't think so. One can point to negative effects upon young women AND young men, which justify state police power. Historically, same sex marriage was disfavored because we thought it somehow harmful to children, yet that was proven untrue.

It hasn't been proven untrue because we don't know yet. I remember when divorce was considered beneficial to children. It took 30 years before we finally figured out how destructive divorce was to children.

It's pretty funny to see people declare the Constitution (or parts of it) "dead" because it protects people they disagree with.

You stated, and I quote: "Didn't this SCOTUS decision JUST SAY that wasn't anyone's business, and no one should be discriminated against?"

Where in the SCOTUS decision does it say that, 007? You made the claim. Where does it say that?
This is no time for games... the court just decided that HOMOS are to get FULL MARRIAGE BENEFITS in the states that ALLOW HOMO marriage... they just STRUCK DOWN the DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT. So don't act cute and play games here.

THEY STRUCK DOWN THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT.

What fucking part of that do YOU want to DENY?

That opens the door for every other fucking PERVERT ON THE PLANET that wants to MARRY.

Actually, I believe they struck down PART of DOMA. And that is a wonderful day for equal rights for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens in this country.

(Odd that you could not prove your assertion about what the Supreme Court said.)
The decision comes with MANY ramifications and will have untold effects on our society... THAT is what I eluded to. Odd that you decided to play games with that.

DOMA is GONE... let the games begin... POLYGAMISTS... YOU'RE UP. STRIKE WHILE THE IRONS HOT.

Avatar is correct. Polygamy should now be defensible under the law and permitted. How that will shake things up here in the beehive state will be interesting.

I don't think so. One can point to negative effects upon young women AND young men, which justify state police power. Historically, same sex marriage was disfavored because we thought it somehow harmful to children, yet that was proven untrue.

It hasn't been proven untrue because we don't know yet. I remember when divorce was considered beneficial to children. It took 30 years before we finally figured out how destructive divorce was to children.

your pt would be valid assumig one chose to ignore the Pediatrics Assoc., the Psychological Assoc, the Psychiatric Assoc., and on and on. But continue whistling Dixie. It's working well for conservatism these days.

We'll have to bookmark this one for the next time a state decides to ignore one of the left's pet laws and regulations. :lol:

bingo. from heros ( obamacare) to goats (section 4 voters rights act) to heroes again ( gay rights per se) .........

.....the hypocrisy meter is pinned ;)

Interesting. I have already stated elsewhere that I don't have any problems with what the Supreme Court rules on the the Voters Rights Act.

then good for you.

How is the Supreme Court getting "a little more power that it supposed to have here" in this case?

I'm saying that your liberal shit bag lezbo judges are GOVERNING FROM THE BENCH... they're fucking LEFTIST ACTIVISTS, and they're DECISIONS are TAINTED.

Are you saying they have MORE POWER than the other two branches of government?

Who made the SC the LAST WORD on EVERYTHING?

This is no time for games... the court just decided that HOMOS are to get FULL MARRIAGE BENEFITS in the states that ALLOW HOMO marriage... they just STRUCK DOWN the DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT. So don't act cute and play games here.

THEY STRUCK DOWN THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT.

What fucking part of that do YOU want to DENY?

That opens the door for every other fucking PERVERT ON THE PLANET that wants to MARRY.

Actually, I believe they struck down PART of DOMA. And that is a wonderful day for equal rights for law-abiding, tax-paying citizens in this country.

(Odd that you could not prove your assertion about what the Supreme Court said.)
The decision comes with MANY ramifications and will have untold effects on our society... THAT is what I eluded to. Odd that you decided to play games with that.

DOMA is GONE... let the games begin... POLYGAMISTS... YOU'RE UP. STRIKE WHILE THE IRONS HOT.

From a political point, you are correct. There is no way that polygamy can NOT be allowed at this point. Actually, the door IS open. It will be interesting to see what other "enlightened" perverts come out of the woodwork now.

Wonder why so many people who claim to be defending "God's Law" do it with so much hate, name-calling, and vulgarity??????

You got a problem with a homo being called a homo?

Sorry... not good with GAY... there's in NOTHING HAPPY OR GAY about homos. I don't play political correctness games.

Now go snivel somewhere else.

your pt would be valid assumig one chose to ignore the Pediatrics Assoc., the Psychological Assoc, the Psychiatric Assoc., and on and on. But continue whistling Dixie. It's working well for conservatism these days.

And all of those agencies and institutions said, all those years ago, that single parent households were better for children than households with a mother and father.

I'm saying that your liberal shit bag lezbo judges are GOVERNING FROM THE BENCH... they're fucking LEFTIST ACTIVISTS, and they're DECISIONS are TAINTED.

Well, let me say....if you have to resort to rude name-calling to "make your case"....it doesn't seem to have been a very legally sound case in the first place.

Our legislative branch has purposely made the SCOTUS the "last word". They pass laws that they KNOW will be a lawyer's dream and let the Supreme Court have the final ruling. It's all part of the bullshit that we have come to know as congressmen and senators.

THIS is what we have come to in America - pass the buck. Whatever the hell it takes to get re-elected.

DOMA was hate based legislation to start with.
It never should have been allowed and Clinton should have vetoed it

Judicial review is controversial at best, technically they aren't supposed to use it. What we are saying here, is that the will of the voting majority no longer holds any weight in our "democracy." All you need is a court decision, and you wipe out millions of votes from millions of people, essentially silencing their voice. So, the minority is the majority, and the majority is the minority.

How sad.

Last edited:

Judicial review is controversial at best, technically they aren't supposed to use it. What we are saying here, is that the will of the voting majority no longer holds any weight in our "democracy". All you need is a court decision, and you wipe out millions of votes of people, essentially silencing their voice.

Judicial Review has been around since 1800. I find that the only time people have a "problem" with it, is when the Supreme Court goes against their wishes. Kind of like legal marriage. People only say they want the government out of marriage when people they don't like are allowed to legally marry.

Forum List

Back