Down goes DOMA!!

Gee...a politician who wanted to get re-elected. You've not seen that before, Trajan? :eek:

Ironically, you are proving a very good point. In the 1990s, in order to get elected/reelected, one had to at least have the appearance of being against legal gay marriage.

And now......politicians in BOTH parties don't have to have such an appearance any more. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

of course I have, and as I said that collateral damage ala those that wanted to get married back then and instead of having a forthright champion that simply refused to go along to get along , assisting in the fight, who knows, this thing could have been done 10 years ago..... I don't usually see someone proud of that.

Obama was against gay marriage, was/is he a bigot?

Yes....he WAS. As in past tense, I am happy to say. I don't believe either of the past two Republican candidates can make that same "evolving" claim. Can they? Have either McCain or Romney restated their opinions on gay marriage?

why does it matter if mccain or romney come out for gay marriage?

Because that makes them bigots?...did I get that right?

and he signed it and apparently you forgive him becasue....he needed to re-relected. Did I sum that up correctly?

Yes he did sign it. We've got round about this before. Is there something that you keep forgetting about it? Besides your initial incorrect comments about Clinton pushing for DOMA...that I corrected with a link on its history?

(would you rather I voted for Dole? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

I said Clinton pushed doma? :eusa_eh:

why would I ask you to vote for someone I didn't vote for either? ....and I did say that before I believe.

JUst went back and checked...I stand corrected. It was Randall Flagg who said that Clinton Pushed DOMA

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7438141-post209.html

of course I have, and as I said that collateral damage ala those that wanted to get married back then and instead of having a forthright champion that simply refused to go along to get along , assisting in the fight, who knows, this thing could have been done 10 years ago..... I don't usually see someone proud of that.

Obama was against gay marriage, was/is he a bigot?

Yes....he WAS. As in past tense, I am happy to say. I don't believe either of the past two Republican candidates can make that same "evolving" claim. Can they? Have either McCain or Romney restated their opinions on gay marriage?

Why does it matter? Because those were my other two choices for President if I was that unhappy with Obama's stance. Given a choice....it was a very easy one to make. :D

VERY BIG DECISION -- all federal rights have just been granted to same-sex couples.

The wording of this decision puts all anti-gay laws into jeopardy.

I assume you were outraged at Clinton and the Left when they pushed this law?

Love your revisionist history. Clinton only signed DOMA. He and the Left did not push it....it was your beloved Republicans who wrote, sponsored, and pushed it. :D

if it was so terrible why did he sign it? why didn't he veto it?

Why? because at the time he believed that a majority of american voters agreed with it, now he thinks that a majority may not, so he is condemning legislation that he signed.

its called hypocrisy.

Why does it matter? Because those were my other two choices for President if I was that unhappy with Obama's stance. Given a choice....it was a very easy one to make. :D

so you are a one issue voter, gay rights is the only thing that matters to you. screw the economy, screw international relations, screw the rising debt, screw the govt spying on you. you got gay marriage so nothing else matters-------you make me sick.

I assume you were outraged at Clinton and the Left when they pushed this law?

Love your revisionist history. Clinton only signed DOMA. He and the Left did not push it....it was your beloved Republicans who wrote, sponsored, and pushed it. :D

Why? because at the time he believed that a majority of american voters agreed with it, now he thinks that a majority may not, so he is condemning legislation that he signed.

its called hypocrisy.

Exactly...at that time, a majority of American voters agreed with it. Can you say the same now?

so you are a one issue voter, gay rights is the only thing that matters to you. screw the economy, screw international relations, screw the rising debt, screw the govt spying on you. you got gay marriage so nothing else matters-------you make me sick.

Not completely a one issue voter, but I'm not an fool like the Log Cabin Republicans who get spit on by the RNC every election cycle.

And I also do not approve of the Republican stand on abortion, women's rights, the economy, foreign relations, etc. Hardly one issue, my silly friend.

There is no conflation.

Bigotry is bigotry whether it be race or it be orientation.

If the religious right declares war against American culture, then the younger generations coming to power will isolate it, without influence or reputation.

why? and how?

oh and-

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
If you are intolerant of a bigot that does not make you a bigot. FYI.
Would you call someone who is intolerant of racism and racists a bigot?

An intolerance of bigotry, ipso facto, is not bigotry. Just common sense.

An intolerance of homophobia is not bigotry. Just common sense.

An intolerance of racism and so forth is common sense.

An intolerance of murder and rape is not evidence of bigotry.

Let this silliness is end.

its called hypocrisy.

Exactly...at that time, a majority of American voters agreed with it. Can you say the same now?

well, recent polls say that a majority of americans do not support gay marriage, but what the fuck, why bother with the will of the people? Lets get the gay vote----thats what this is really about, both parties trying to grab votes.

Not completely a one issue voter, but I'm not an fool like the Log Cabin Republicans who get spit on by the RNC every election cycle.

And I also do not approve of the Republican stand on abortion, women's rights, the economy, foreign relations, etc. Hardly one issue, my silly friend.

then continue to vote for democrats and help the country become Greece faster, your choice.

but tell me, which women's "rights" do republicans object to? abortion on demand? seems like that is taking the right to life from an unborn human being, not the mother.

the economy, do you support a trillion or more every year in deficit spending? do you support 17 trillion in debt? do you support more people in poverty than ever before and more on food stamps than ever before? do you support continuous 8% unemployment?

foreign relations, do you like having the USA laughed at by the rest of the world and given the finger by china and russia?

you have allowed your gayness to block rational thinking.

its called hypocrisy.

well, recent polls say that a majority of americans do not support gay marriage, but what the fuck, why bother with the will of the people? Lets get the gay vote----thats what this is really about, both parties trying to grab votes.

Oh? What recent polls are those? Link please...because I have some polls that disagree with your assertion.

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

Gay marriage polls and public opinion: The Supreme Court?s rulings upheld the people?s will. - Slate Magazine

Civil Rights

Gay marriage support hits new high in Post-ABC poll

And your comment about grabbing votes....why would politicians try to grab pro-gay marriage votes if they were not the majority?

Yes he did sign it. We've got round about this before. Is there something that you keep forgetting about it? Besides your initial incorrect comments about Clinton pushing for DOMA...that I corrected with a link on its history?

(would you rather I voted for Dole? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

why would I ask you to vote for someone I didn't vote for either? ....and I did say that before I believe.

JUst went back and checked...I stand corrected. It was Randall Flagg who said that Clinton Pushed DOMA

I know that, is that an apology?

then continue to vote for democrats and help the country become Greece faster, your choice.

but tell me, which women's "rights" do republicans object to? abortion on demand? seems like that is taking the right to life from an unborn human being, not the mother.

the economy, do you support a trillion or more every year in deficit spending? do you support 17 trillion in debt? do you support more people in poverty than ever before and more on food stamps than ever before? do you support continuous 8% unemployment?

foreign relations, do you like having the USA laughed at by the rest of the world and given the finger by china and russia?

you have allowed your gayness to block rational thinking.

Women's Rights? The RNC is condescending to women at best, blatant misogynist at worse.

The economy? The Republicans put us in the tail spin we are just now getting out of, despite House Republican obstructionism.

Foreign relations. Out of Iraq. Getting out of Afghanistan. The killing of several AQ leaders. Keeping our noses out of the ME much more than any Republican wanted us to.

And we are not being "given the finger by China and Russia"...that is a recent RW talking point that you gladly swallow.

why? and how?

oh and-

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
If you are intolerant of a bigot that does not make you a bigot. FYI.
Would you call someone who is intolerant of racism and racists a bigot?

An intolerance of homophobia is not bigotry. Just common sense.

An intolerance of racism and so forth is common sense.

An intolerance of murder and rape is not evidence of bigotry.

Let this silliness is end.

you have not connected the dots, as in the corollary put forth and for which I am still awaiting an answer- the bigotry term, using 'racism ala inter racial marriage' equal to being against gay marriage....?

I know that, is that an apology?

Absolutely. If you feel an apology is needed for confusing Randall Flagg's comment from yesterday with you.

Redfish, I am going to challenge you: tell the truth on these figures.

quote from the huffington poll:

gay rights.

"Another important finding is the discrepancy between young and older voters which it comes to the rights of same-sex couples. 63 percent of 18-to-29-year-olds backed same-sex marriage, while only 36 percent of voters from 30-59 said they supported it. Only 30% of seniors said they thought LGBT couples should be able to marry."

I guess it depends on who you ask, doesn't it. Depends on who you put in your sample. Polls can get any result that the guy paying the pollster wants.

When the issue has been put to a vote of the people (the only real poll) it gets voted down, even twice in liberal california. So I stand by my statement, a majority of americans do not support gay marriage.

Forum List

Back