Down goes DOMA!!

Redfish, I am going to challenge you: tell the truth on these figures.

quote from the huffington poll:

gay rights.

"Another important finding is the discrepancy between young and older voters which it comes to the rights of same-sex couples. 63 percent of 18-to-29-year-olds backed same-sex marriage, while only 36 percent of voters from 30-59 said they supported it. Only 30% of seniors said they thought LGBT couples should be able to marry."

I guess it depends on who you ask, doesn't it. Depends on who you put in your sample. Polls can get any result that the guy paying the pollster wants.

When the issue has been put to a vote of the people (the only real poll) it gets voted down, even twice in liberal california. So I stand by my statement, a majority of americans do not support gay marriage.

Did you see my links...they do not just have data on age groups....

That being said, your own data shows that time is NOT on the anti-gay marriage crowd's side.

gay rights.

"Another important finding is the discrepancy between young and older voters which it comes to the rights of same-sex couples. 63 percent of 18-to-29-year-olds backed same-sex marriage, while only 36 percent of voters from 30-59 said they supported it. Only 30% of seniors said they thought LGBT couples should be able to marry."

I guess it depends on who you ask, doesn't it. Depends on who you put in your sample. Polls can get any result that the guy paying the pollster wants.

When the issue has been put to a vote of the people (the only real poll) it gets voted down, even twice in liberal california. So I stand by my statement, a majority of americans do not support gay marriage.

humm, :eusa_think: I wonder how African Americans feel about it.....I beet they come down oh, 48 40 against...or somewhere there abouts, damn 'bigots'...

wow, and look here-

Illinois fails to pass gay marriage bill, black caucus reportedly a problem

http://americablog.com/2013/05/illinois-fails-to-pass-gay-marriage-bill-black-caucus-a-problem.html

I bet they're conservative blacks.....:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter who doesn't support gay marriage: they are bigoted.

Remember many of the KKK were devout evangelicals.

Both Dems and Pubs voted overwhelmingly for it, it was Bi Partisan.

Back then....

The bill moved through Congress on a legislative fast track and met with overwhelming approval in both houses of the Republican-controlled Congress, passing by a vote of 85–14 in the Senate[22] and a vote of 342–67 in the House.[23] Democratic Senators voted for the bill 32 to 14 (with Pryor of Arkansas absent), and Democratic Representatives voted for it 118 to 65, with 15 not participating. All Republicans in both houses voted for the bill with the sole exception of the one openly gay Republican congressman, Rep. Steve Gunderson of Wisconsin.[24] The sole independent in the House, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, voted against the bill. On the day it passed the House, a White House spokesman called the legislation "gay baiting".[25]

Though he personally did not support gay marriage, Clinton also was against passing the Defense of Marriage Act, feeling it was an insult to many of his gay friends.[26] However, after Congress had passed the bill with enough votes to override a presidential veto,[26] Clinton decided to sign the bill into law in order to avoid the type of political damage he encountered earlier in his presidency when he underestimated the public's opposition to his attempt to allow gays and lesbians to serve openly in the US military.[26] Clinton, who was traveling when Congress acted, signed it into law promptly upon returning to Washington, D.C., on September 21, 1996.[20] The White House released a statement in which Clinton said "that the enactment of this legislation should not, despite the fierce and at times divisive rhetoric surrounding it, be understood to provide an excuse for discrimination, violence or intimidation against any person on the basis of sexual orientation".[20] In 2013, Mike McCurry, the White House press secretary at the time, recalled that "His (Clinton's) posture was quite frankly driven by the political realities of an election year in 1996."[26]

Defense of Marriage Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not completely a one issue voter, but I'm not an fool like the Log Cabin Republicans who get spit on by the RNC every election cycle.

And I also do not approve of the Republican stand on abortion, women's rights, the economy, foreign relations, etc. Hardly one issue, my silly friend.

then continue to vote for democrats and help the country become Greece faster, your choice.

but tell me, which women's "rights" do republicans object to? abortion on demand? seems like that is taking the right to life from an unborn human being, not the mother.

the economy, do you support a trillion or more every year in deficit spending? do you support 17 trillion in debt? do you support more people in poverty than ever before and more on food stamps than ever before? do you support continuous 8% unemployment?

foreign relations, do you like having the USA laughed at by the rest of the world and given the finger by china and russia?

you have allowed your gayness to block rational thinking.

Women's Rights? The RNC is condescending to women at best, blatant misogynist at worse.

The economy? The Republicans put us in the tail spin we are just now getting out of, despite House Republican obstructionism.

Foreign relations. Out of Iraq. Getting out of Afghanistan. The killing of several AQ leaders. Keeping our noses out of the ME much more than any Republican wanted us to.

And we are not being "given the finger by China and Russia"...that is a recent RW talking point that you gladly swallow.

bullshit

bullshit, dems have controlled congress for most of the last 75 years

so the thousands of american kids will have been killed and maimed for nothing, just like viet nam, great, declare defeat and run and hide under your momma's dress, obama.

china holds our debt, russia gave obama the finger on giving the leaker to us. the world is laughing at pussy boi obama.

gay rights.

Did you see my links...they do not just have data on age groups....

That being said, your own data shows that time is NOT on the anti-gay marriage crowd's side.

no it wasn't, and isn't, I wonder where we would be if this all started in 1996? I will 'conjecture' you would not have needed the courts.....

then continue to vote for democrats and help the country become Greece faster, your choice.

but tell me, which women's "rights" do republicans object to? abortion on demand? seems like that is taking the right to life from an unborn human being, not the mother.

the economy, do you support a trillion or more every year in deficit spending? do you support 17 trillion in debt? do you support more people in poverty than ever before and more on food stamps than ever before? do you support continuous 8% unemployment?

foreign relations, do you like having the USA laughed at by the rest of the world and given the finger by china and russia?

Women's Rights? The RNC is condescending to women at best, blatant misogynist at worse.

The economy? The Republicans put us in the tail spin we are just now getting out of, despite House Republican obstructionism.

Foreign relations. Out of Iraq. Getting out of Afghanistan. The killing of several AQ leaders. Keeping our noses out of the ME much more than any Republican wanted us to.

And we are not being "given the finger by China and Russia"...that is a recent RW talking point that you gladly swallow.

bullshit

so the thousands of american kids will have been killed and maimed for nothing, just like viet nam, great, declare defeat and run and hide under your momma's dress, obama.

china holds our debt, russia gave obama the finger on giving the leaker to us. the world is laughing at pussy boi obama.

doma ;)

Back then....

The bill moved through Congress on a legislative fast track and met with overwhelming approval in both houses of the Republican-controlled Congress, passing by a vote of 85–14 in the Senate[22] and a vote of 342–67 in the House.[23] Democratic Senators voted for the bill 32 to 14 (with Pryor of Arkansas absent), and Democratic Representatives voted for it 118 to 65, with 15 not participating. All Republicans in both houses voted for the bill with the sole exception of the one openly gay Republican congressman, Rep. Steve Gunderson of Wisconsin.[24] The sole independent in the House, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, voted against the bill. On the day it passed the House, a White House spokesman called the legislation "gay baiting".[25]

Though he personally did not support gay marriage, Clinton also was against passing the Defense of Marriage Act, feeling it was an insult to many of his gay friends.[26] However, after Congress had passed the bill with enough votes to override a presidential veto,[26] Clinton decided to sign the bill into law in order to avoid the type of political damage he encountered earlier in his presidency when he underestimated the public's opposition to his attempt to allow gays and lesbians to serve openly in the US military.[26] Clinton, who was traveling when Congress acted, signed it into law promptly upon returning to Washington, D.C., on September 21, 1996.[20] The White House released a statement in which Clinton said "that the enactment of this legislation should not, despite the fierce and at times divisive rhetoric surrounding it, be understood to provide an excuse for discrimination, violence or intimidation against any person on the basis of sexual orientation".[20] In 2013, Mike McCurry, the White House press secretary at the time, recalled that "His (Clinton's) posture was quite frankly driven by the political realities of an election year in 1996."[26]

Clinton decided to sign the bill into law in order to avoid the type of political damage he encountered earlier in his presidency when he underestimated the public's opposition to his attempt to allow gays and lesbians to serve openly in the US military

I felt the need to pull this out.....nothing to see here.....:eusa_whistle:

so having an opinon that differs from yours makes someone a bigot????? really??? then you are the bigot because you disagree with me. I am right, you are wrong---therefore you are a bigot-----do you know how stupid that sounds?

and on the KKK, they were all democrats. :eusa_whistle:

you are out of you league here, snake.

Back then....

Clinton decided to sign the bill into law in order to avoid the type of political damage he encountered earlier in his presidency when he underestimated the public's opposition to his attempt to allow gays and lesbians to serve openly in the US military

I felt the need to pull this out.....nothing to see here.....:eusa_whistle:

isn't that what he said to Monica???:cool:

so having an opinon that differs from yours makes someone a bigot????? really??? then you are the bigot because you disagree with me. I am right, you are wrong---therefore you are a bigot-----do you know how stupid that sounds?

There is the difference of an opinion then wrongfully acting to enforce that opinion.

Yes, act like the KKK, be compared to the KKK. And plenty of GOP were KKK in the South and the Midwest.

The original vote? Yes. It was necessary to keep gay activists from imposing themselves on the majority. But it didn't work for long perversion won for awhile at least.

There is the difference of an opinion then wrongfully acting to enforce that opinion.

Yes, act like the KKK, be compared to the KKK. And plenty of GOP were KKK in the South and the Midwest.

are comparing sppt for anti gay marriage to sppt. fpor the KKK?

gay marriage laws wrongfully enforce an opinion on those who disagree. thats why we vote on things like this. thats why california and other states have had referendums on gay marriage. most states have voted it down, some have approved it. Fine, all gay couples should migrate to the states that allow them to marry.

Sure, there may have been a few republicans in the klan, but the vast majority were democrats-----ever hear of Robert KKK Byrd?

bullshit

I couldn't vote during Viet Nam.....sorry. But it IS telling you had to go that far back.

BTW...the people are WV are responsible for Sen. Byrd's continued re-election. You know why they kept re-electing him, don't you?
gay marriage laws wrongfully enforce an opinion on those who disagree. thats why we vote on things like this. thats why california and other states have had referendums on gay marriage. most states have voted it down, some have approved it. Fine, all gay couples should migrate to the states that allow them to marry.

Sure, there may have been a few republicans in the klan, but the vast majority were democrats-----ever hear of Robert KKK Byrd?

Yes. He's dead now. And the old ways of thinking (like your polls you showed) are dying too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back