Dozens of "white student unions" starting up

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Dozens of 'white student unions' appear on social media amid racism protests
At least 30 social media profiles of so-called “white student unions” have been set up in the last week, in response to nationwide student protests demanding action to address campus racism.
The pages claim to represent students at universities like Stanford, New York University and UC Berkeley, as well as at the University of Missouri, where protests this month forced the ouster of president Tim Wolfe and inspired activism on campuses elsewhere.
It appears that the first of these WSUs was the “Illini White Student Union”, created at the University of Illinois just hours after students gathered for a black solidarity event on campus last Wednesday. Its page has since been taken down by Facebook at the request of campus administrators.
“The Illinois student union that came on last week made us jump at the chance of creating an online presence,” according to someone claiming to be a spokesman for the WSU at UT Austin, who would not give his real name. “We kind of kicked ourselves for not doing it beforehand.”

Good for them. Don't buy into the "white guilt" bullshit!

Why is this in Current Events? College Republicans have existed on campuses for ages. lol

:scared1:

Last edited:
I was never in a student union, frat, brotherhood or fuck fest while in college......I couldn't care..
Can you remember what college you went to?
I don't really give a fuck, I am just wondering if you actually remember.. :lol:

Why is this in Current Events? College Republicans have existed on campuses for age. lol

Not during my time....there was no separation of political or sexual representation to hold pom-poms and cheer for your side...

I was never in a student union, frat, brotherhood or fuck fest while in college......I couldn't care..
Can you remember what college you went to?
I don't really give a fuck, I am just wondering if you actually remember.. :lol:
Sure, why not.......If not there is the catalog of my life history to open and recall....That I have assembled over many years of existence...

Why is this in Current Events? College Republicans have existed on campuses for age. lol

Not during my time....there was no separation of political or sexual representation to hold pom-poms and cheer for your side...

I was a graduate student attending a Big Ten university back in 2004 and the division was quite real to the blind partisans but most of the student body really didn't give a rat's ass. Most were far too concerned with their studies, partying, and fucking to care about politics. lol

I was a graduate student attending a Big Ten university back in 2004 and the division was quite real to the blind partisans but most of the student body really didn't give a rat's ass. Most were far too concerned with their studies, partying, and fucking too care about politics. lol
I started college in 1979..There was one student union and that was it..My last year I went to college was 1997, and there was still one student union......for all to use..........

I was a graduate student attending a Big Ten university back in 2004 and the division was quite real to the blind partisans but most of the student body really didn't give a rat's ass. Most were far too concerned with their studies, partying, and fucking too care about politics. lol
I started college in 1979..There was one student union and that was it..My last year I went to college was 1997, and there was still one student union......for all to use..........

By student unions they don't mean the physical plant but organizations for white students.

Picture the mind at work.

white student: "Your black student union is racist.

black student: "Whatever"

white student: "In response, I will form a white student union."

black student: "Why?"

white student: "So I can....uh....be a racist .....too? "

By student unions they don't mean the physical plant but organizations for white students.
yes....yet the clubs were not so diverse because of skin color..Of course three colleges I attended didn't have any minorities...

yes....yet the clubs were not so diverse because of skin color..Of course three colleges I attended didn't have any minorities...

Oh my gosh, my campus had 45,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The student body was pretty diverse in my case.

Forum List

Back