Zone1 Dr. Charles Stanley

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Anyone else listen to his sermons? He exudes s very heartfelt approach. He is not pretentious or excessive in his message. I have enjoyed his sermons thus far.

Anyone else listen to his sermons? He exudes s very heartfelt approach. He is not pretentious or excessive in his message. I have enjoyed his sermons thus far.
Charles Stanley is a bible scholar. You're right about the way he comes across.

He has a very soothing manner.

Out of TV preachers like that, I'd rate Charles Stanley #1 and Les Feldig #2.

Ol' Lutheran dude would be #3. Robert Schuller. He was no nonsense.

If you couldn't make it to church, I mean yeah some things might be a bit different, but it was still a church service.

Last edited:
A complete trash bag
Lied all his life and over his first wife and children .
Still , he scammed his Sheeple for $1.5 million so he was not entirely wthout talent .
Entirely predictable that one of our most Gullible posters could not spot the rotten apple .
How may times have I toldyou to DYOFR before giving us your absurd Fake posts .

His ‘doctorate’ was from an unaccredited diploma mill.​

For his ‘dissertation’ at Luther Rice Seminary, all he’d had to do was send in some sermon transcripts. He wasn’t a ‘Dr.’, and wasn’t a scholar.

His tellings of his life are clearly fraudulent. I read Stanley’s 2016 memoir, Courageous Faith: My Story From a Life of Obedience, then compared it with news coverage throughout his life.

He likes the story of how he became head pastor at First Baptist Church in Atlanta. The elder board had rejected him. He said it was because they were “country club” types, where his focus — straight from God — was “evangelism.”

And so on . Deceit , cunning and evil .

A complete trash bag
Still , he scammed his Sheeple for $1.5 million so he was not entirely wthout talent .
Entirely predictable that one of our most Gullible posters could not spot the rotten apple .

For his ‘dissertation’ at Luther Rice Seminary, all he’d had to do was send in some sermon transcripts. He wasn’t a ‘Dr.’, and wasn’t a scholar.

His tellings of his life are clearly fraudulent. I read Stanley’s 2016 memoir, Courageous Faith: My Story From a Life of Obedience, then compared it with news coverage throughout his life.

He likes the story of how he became head pastor at First Baptist Church in Atlanta. The elder board had rejected him. He said it was because they were “country club” types, where his focus — straight from God — was “evangelism.”

I'm usually a pretty good judge of things like and just do not get that kind of bad feeling about him.

Not saying I can't be fooled, but damn! You sure you ain't got an axe to grind or something there?

That reminds me, I wanna take my lawnmower blades off today.

Last edited:
I'm usually a pretty good judge of things like and just do not get that kind of bad feeling about him.

Not saying I can't fooled, but damn! You sure you ain't got an axe to grind or something there?

That reminds me, I wanna take my lawnmower blades off today.
My post was a direct response to the OP whose record of Conspiracy posting is considerable .
I have no axe to grind . I simply gave him a few facts and there are plenty more available.
Our canadian fellow poster is a catalogue of bad judgements and then he whines about spilt milk. Mainly because he cannot and will not Research before speaking .
So , with the vast majority of people being Gullible and not even doing simple basic research to find support for their crackpot ideas , it is so important to try and pull as many people who have eyes to see and brains to use, back to hard facts and evidence .
You can like and respect whom you choose , but be aware that Stanley was not a Doctor and resembled a big lump of lying shit.

Last edited:
My post was a direct response to the OP whose record of Conspiracy posting is considerable .
I have no axe to grind . I simply gave him a few facts and there are plenty more available.
Our canadian fellow poster is a catalogue of bad judgements and then he whines about spilt milk. Mainly because he cannot and will not Research before speaking .
So , with the vast majority of people being Gullible and not even doing simple basic research to find support for their crackpot ideas , it is so important to try and pull as many people who have eyes to see and brains to use, back to hard facts and evidence .
You can like and respect whom you choose , but be aware that Spencer was not a Doctor and resembled a big lump of lying shit.
Who's Spencer?

A complete trash bag

I am skeptical of any Christian who would title a book thus, right out of the gate.

He cites his own faith as "courageous" and also...he led a life of "obedience"?

Most Christians I know understand we need Jesus because we look into our own hearts and understand what's there. No, that doesn't make us serial killers, etc. I obviously have no criminal record at all. It just means that we understand we are NOT obedient and so need Christ.

I am skeptical of any Christian who would title a book thus, right out of the gate.

Most Christians I know understand we need Jesus because we look into our own hearts and understand what's there. No, that doesn't make us serial killers, etc. I obviously have no criminal record at all. It just means that we understand we are NOT obedient and so need Christ.
You can sin with thoughts alone.

You can sin with thoughts alone.
Sin...missing the target. This quote is worth posting again...

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

A complete trash bag

Nope, I listened to him for decades. He was a Godly spiritual man.

I loved him. There was so much peace in his voice.

I loved him. There was so much peace in his voice.
I'm tellin' ya, he exuded soothing and love and The Bible. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. :dunno:

I liked Charles Stanley. I like Brian Fischer, too.

Forum List

Back