Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

I'm an outsider moved to the US 20 years ago. The whole world knows that an american that leans conservative is more likely to be racist and bigot more than a liberal.
Again I am not saying that all cons are racists or all liberals aren't.
All racists are conservative
With Trump now, the cons don't even defend not being racist they are proud of it. But what makes me laugh lately they have been trying paint the liberals with antisemitism lol.
It is you spouting that he is a racist. At worse he speaks like a New Yorker street person. Most of the whole nation speaks in that manner. When the holier then thou Prog media and Prog entertainers give up 99% of their wealth for the cause then I will believe you. They won't. They got a good thing going. They go home and laugh.

I'm an outsider moved to the US 20 years ago. The whole world knows that an american that leans conservative is more likely to be racist and bigot more than a liberal.
With Trump now, the cons don't even defend not being racist they are proud of it. But what makes me laugh lately they have been trying paint the liberals with antisemitism lol.
He “tells it like it is” to them
Deplorables on display

It is you spouting that he is a racist. At worse he speaks like a New Yorker street person. Most of the whole nation speaks in that manner. When the holier then thou Prog media and Prog entertainers give up 99% of their wealth for the cause then I will believe you. They won't. They got a good thing going. They go home and laugh.
No, most New Yorkers don’t speak like that
Most adults don’t talk like that

Conservatives are smart, we don't march and throw tantrums, we actually get shit done, like laws and stuff
Lots of conservatives supported the Civil Rights laws in the 40s and 50s, even the 64 bill, most were REPUBLICANS

Fact Check: ‘More Republicans Voted for the Civil Rights Act as a Percentage Than Democrats Did’

IT has been this way, in fact the republicans never voted for jim crow laws. The whole premise of you democrats is the big switch lie...which I have destroyed in these forums.....because it's a HUGE lie.
Can you name a Conservative who marched with Civil Rights protesters?

This was a North/South issue not a partisan political issue

and of which party were: Strom Thurman, George Wallace, Bull Connor, Lester Maddox, Bill KKK Byrd? they were all dems, sorry if those facts upset you but they are facts.

another fact, there was a huge KKK contingent in Illinois and there were slaves in most of the northern and western states, it was not a north/south issue, it was a states rights issue created by slave owning democrats and ended by a republican named Lincoln.
Can you tell me if they were liberal??

Was George Wallace and Bull Connor along side of those liberal hippies from up north -- marching along side of King??

Can you tell me if Strom Thurman was some radical leftist?? and then when he got older, became conservative??

You do understand the reason dic suckers like you say "democrat" and "republican" is because you too dishonest to use the words "conservative" and "liberal" -- because you are too dishonest to admit that conservatives HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST THE EMANCIPATION EFFORT OF EVERY HISTORICALLY OPPRESSED GROUP -- and it leaves you morons to have to play these words games years after the fact.....because when the true fight was being fought, no conservatives were there marching along side of MLK...

Which is why you can't name one

The GOP of Eisenhower and Nixon, and Reagan, all had excellent Civil RIghts records, and they were all conservative. YOur claims are absurd.
Eisenhower and Nixon did

Reagan used blacks to build his base

Eisenhower could have done much more for Civil Rights while he was President

THank you for admitting that Eisenhower and Nixon, two conservative REpublicans, had fine civil rights records.

Your claim about Reagan, is simply wrong. Reagan is more recent and thus more timely, thus you can't admit it yet. Give it another 20 years, and once it become moot, more of you libs will be ready to stop lying about him too.

and of which party were: Strom Thurman, George Wallace, Bull Connor, Lester Maddox, Bill KKK Byrd? they were all dems, sorry if those facts upset you but they are facts.

another fact, there was a huge KKK contingent in Illinois and there were slaves in most of the northern and western states, it was not a north/south issue, it was a states rights issue created by slave owning democrats and ended by a republican named Lincoln.

A pretty good article on why the south turned from being democrat to republican. It's always a hoot to see today's republicans trying to pretend they're the same type of decent individuals who stood up for minorities and their voting rights. They're not and if MLK were alive today he would be leading marches against the likes of trump and mcconnel. Anyway, check out the link.
Why Did The South Turn Republican?
MLK would be fighting for fair wages and redistribution of wealth

While Trump is delivering jobs and increased wages.

Wages have sucked
Trump has done nothing to force business to trickle down the huge tax cut he gave them. He has also refused to enforce worker protections or increase minimum wage

Wages have sucked for a long time, DECADES before Trump took office. They have started to suck less under him, and his policies.

In a sane world, people like you, could offer black voters, "fair wages and redistribution of wealth" and people like Trump could offer black voters "jobs and increased wages",

and blacks that wanted the American dream could vote for Trump and blacks that wanted to live under marxism could vote for the dem.

BUT, you libs know that you can't win like that, so you lie a lot, about "racism".

YOu are dishonest, because you know it is the only way you can win.

Was George Wallace and Bull Connor along side of those liberal hippies from up north -- marching along side of King??

Can you tell me if Strom Thurman was some radical leftist?? and then when he got older, became conservative??

You do understand the reason dic suckers like you say "democrat" and "republican" is because you too dishonest to use the words "conservative" and "liberal" -- because you are too dishonest to admit that conservatives HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST THE EMANCIPATION EFFORT OF EVERY HISTORICALLY OPPRESSED GROUP -- and it leaves you morons to have to play these words games years after the fact.....because when the true fight was being fought, no conservatives were there marching along side of MLK...

The GOP of Eisenhower and Nixon, and Reagan, all had excellent Civil RIghts records, and they were all conservative. YOur claims are absurd.
Eisenhower and Nixon did

Eisenhower sent the Army to Liberal Arkansas to integrate the schools.

What else would you have wanted him to do?

Always "more". It is never enough, with people like RW.

Because if it is finally enough, then they are out of shit to complain about. And then they start making up shit. As we have seen for the last several decades.

Way before the Dems embraced Civil Rights. Interesting. Almost like it has more to do with government social spending than civil rights.
When FDR created the Fair Employment Practice Committee to address the rampant discrimination against blacks in employment -- why are blacks maligned for supporting that??

When FDR signed the GI Bill...why are blacks maligned for supporting that??

Just pointing out that the timing does not match the normal lib narrative.

Note my completely lack of maligning blacks, you raving loon.
Cool...now tell me what conservatives were there marching along side of King down in Selma

Conservatives are smart, we don't march and throw tantrums, we actually get shit done, like laws and stuff
Lots of conservatives supported the Civil Rights laws in the 40s and 50s, even the 64 bill, most were REPUBLICANS

Fact Check: ‘More Republicans Voted for the Civil Rights Act as a Percentage Than Democrats Did’

IT has been this way, in fact the republicans never voted for jim crow laws. The whole premise of you democrats is the big switch lie...which I have destroyed in these forums.....because it's a HUGE lie.

Then the republic party kicked all those civil rights republicans out of the party in favor of southern conservative Dixiecrats.

Except that never happened. Try to be less crazy.

Eisenhower and Nixon did

THank you for admitting that Eisenhower and Nixon, two conservative REpublicans, had fine civil rights records.

Your claim about Reagan, is simply wrong. Reagan is more recent and thus more timely, thus you can't admit it yet. Give it another 20 years, and once it become moot, more of you libs will be ready to stop lying about him too.
It’s amazing isn’t it?
You have to go back 50 years to find Republican Civil Rights accomplishments

A pretty good article on why the south turned from being democrat to republican. It's always a hoot to see today's republicans trying to pretend they're the same type of decent individuals who stood up for minorities and their voting rights. They're not and if MLK were alive today he would be leading marches against the likes of trump and mcconnel. Anyway, check out the link.

Wages have sucked
Trump has done nothing to force business to trickle down the huge tax cut he gave them. He has also refused to enforce worker protections or increase minimum wage

Wages have sucked for a long time, DECADES before Trump took office. They have started to suck less under him, and his policies.

In a sane world, people like you, could offer black voters, "fair wages and redistribution of wealth" and people like Trump could offer black voters "jobs and increased wages",

and blacks that wanted the American dream could vote for Trump and blacks that wanted to live under marxism could vote for the dem.

BUT, you libs know that you can't win like that, so you lie a lot, about "racism".

Wages were much better under Clinton and the beginning of the Bush administration
Once the Great Bush Recession of 2008 hit, massive layoffs drove down wages. Employers liked the idea of low wages and used fear and lack of collective bargaining to keep wages low

In an economy with 3.5 percent unemployment and a massive tax cut for employers, we shouldn’t be bragging about 2-3 percent wage increases

Eisenhower and Nixon did

It’s amazing isn’t it?

Not really.

50 years ago was when we finally achieved national bi-partisan consensus on equality for blacks (and browns).

SInce then, Civil RIghts have morphed into "Civil Rights", and have been increasingly not about fighting against systematic racism,

but instead about fostering racial resentment and tension, and locking in political support for the Dem Machine, all the while fighting for racial discrimination against WHITES.

Naturally people who are ideologically and politically and culturally and religiously in favor of the God Given Rights of All Men, have been less motivated to joint in with that.

YOur pretense that you do not know that, is pathetic and you should be ashamed.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
MLK..although truly a great man..was not by any means the be all and the end all, of the civil /rights movement. It did not begin with him..and it did not end with him.

The qualified success of the Civil Rights movement of the 60's and 70's was a complicated amalgam of both violent and non-violent actions..and one would not have been so effective..without the other. The Black Panther party and the militant rioters in the streets made King's message more cogent..and presented White America with a stark choice..they could take the reasonable approach..or they could confront Black America--on the battlefields of our burning cities.

It was the carrot and the stick--and the glorious joining of the anti-war movement with the civil rights movement...albeit for an all too brief time---that ended Jim Crow.

Non-violence may well be the ethical position..and it has great power--but the clenched fist..and the barrel of the gun--is also required...Gandhi notwithstanding.

Wages have sucked

Wages were much better under Clinton and the beginning of the Bush administration
Once the Great Bush Recession of 2008 hit, massive layoffs drove down wages. Employers liked the idea of low wages and used fear and lack of collective bargaining to keep wages low

In an economy with 3.5 percent unemployment and a massive tax cut for employers, we shouldn’t be bragging about 2-3 percent wage increases

My comments were in the context of what would be offered to black voters, and I was thinking more about lower end wages, which have lagged for a long time and are disproportionately an issue for black voters.

As you well knew.

Do you think flooding the labor market with cheap immigrant labor, is a good thing for black workers and black families or a bad thing for them?

That is not a rhetorical question. I want a real answer.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
MLK..although truly a great man..was not by any means the be all and the end all, of the civil /rights movement. It did not begin with him..and it did not end with him.

The qualified success of the Civil Rights movement of the 60's and 70's was a complicated amalgam of both violent and non-violent actions..and one would not have been so effective..without the other. The Black Panther party and the militant rioters in the streets made King's message more cogent..and presented White America with a stark choice..they could take the reasonable approach..or they could confront Black America--on the battlefields of our burning cities.

It was the carrot and the stick--and the glorious joining of the anti-war movement with the civil rights movement...albeit for an all too brief time---that ended Jim Crow.

Non-violence may well be the ethical position..and it has great power--but the clenched fist..and the barrel of the gun--is also required...Gandhi notwithstanding.

It is worth noting, that White America was the one that made the call. That had been voting pro-civil rights before MLK or the Black Panthers and continued doing so though out.

The pushback against more and eventually equal rights for blacks were always from a MINORITY of whites.

And no one ever seems to give any credit to the MAJORITY of whites that voted pro-civil rights, along the way.

Eisenhower and Nixon did

It’s amazing isn’t it?

Not really.

50 years ago was when we finally achieved national bi-partisan consensus on equality for blacks (and browns).

SInce then, Civil RIghts have morphed into "Civil Rights", and have been increasingly not about fighting against systematic racism,

but instead about fostering racial resentment and tension, and locking in political support for the Dem Machine, all the while fighting for racial discrimination against WHITES.

Naturally people who are ideologically and politically and culturally and religiously in favor of the God Given Rights of All Men, have been less motivated to joint in with that.

The racial resentment and tension has never gone away
All you need to do is read through this thread to see examples of it

It is worth noting, that White America was the one that made the call. That had been voting pro-civil rights before MLK or the Black Panthers and continued doing so though out.

The pushback against more and eventually equal rights for blacks were always from a MINORITY of whites.

And no one ever seems to give any credit to the MAJORITY of whites that voted pro-civil rights, along the way.
White America had a hundred years after the civil war to allow equal status to black Americans.

Instead, they offered platitudes of separate but equal, told blacks to be patient, these things take time, accepted laws and social mores that treated blacks like animals.

The MAJORITY of whites wanted to just keep the status quo

Eisenhower and Nixon did

It’s amazing isn’t it?

Not really.

Except now, the "resentment" is not coming from White racists who want discrimination against blacks, but from White non-racists who want equal treatment for whites.

Big difference. That you conflate the two, is just you being an insanely divisive person.

YOu really want your future vision of America, being torn apart along racial lines, don't you?

White America had a hundred years after the civil war to allow equal status to black Americans.

Instead, they offered platitudes of separate but equal, told blacks to be patient, these things take time, accepted laws and social mores that treated blacks like animals.

The MAJORITY of whites wanted to just keep the status quo

RW, this is a brilliant point I have made that deserves it's own thread. I will start it and answer your question there.

Please join in.

The Pro-Civil Rights White Majority

Last edited:
Eisenhower and Nixon did

It’s amazing isn’t it?

Not really.

Except now, the "resentment" is not coming from White racists who want discrimination against blacks, but from White non-racists who want equal treatment for whites.

Big difference. That you conflate the two, is just you being an insanely divisive person.

YOu really want your future vision of America, being torn apart along racial lines, don't you?
The “resentment” you speak of comes from whites who grew used to having all the professional and high paying jobs reserved for them.
Like when Jackie Robinson was allowed into the major leagues. The complaint was that he was taking a job away from a white man

actually he was. WTF is democratic socialism? its an oxymoron. socialism is never democratic. its dictatorial where a tiny group of super elites control every aspect of everyone else's life under threat of death. WTF do you think the people or Hong Kong are rioting about today? They don't want to give up their successful capitalism and come under the thumb or Chinese socialism. Geez dude, are you really that dumb?

Again, why do you keep avoiding what King said??

why didn't you ask MLK, "what the fuck is democratic socialism"??

We already have democratic socialism you moron...

View attachment 301075

"distribution of wealth" ? who do you propose that we give the authority to distribute wealth to? The same people who run the VA? the same people who have put our country 20 trillion in debt?
the government already has that authority...that is how wealth has been redistributed to the top -- that is why 10% of the people own over half of the wealth......but you dic suckers don't mind that kind of government welfare....which brings me to another King quote

View attachment 301077
That same 10% pays 90% of the federal income taxes, and 50% pay nothing. If you want equality then everyone should pay the same tax rate.

How do you propose that the government redistribute the wealth? by taking it by force from those who have earned it and handing it to those who have done nothing? If thats your plan, then why would anyone work in your system? If your system is designed to punish success and reward failure, what kind of country do you think that will create? Please actually think before answering.

We do not need to redistribute wealth as much as stop an economic system built around supply side economics. It does not work. Why are we helping people who obviously don’t need it when there are so many who do?

We should help those who are unable to help themselves because of mental or physical limitations. Everyone else should be responsible for his or her life and welfare.

Funny isn't it that republicans and conservatives give much more to charity than democrats and liberals. Could it be that liberals do not practice what they preach?

Forum List

Back