Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Well, I could bring up his embezlement from the Ebenezer Baptist Church to fund his legendary parties, or that he was a severe alcoholic. Or even that he plagiarized much of what he wrote, and others wrote the rest for him. But, in the above instance I was responding to someone else and was therefore constrained by what they said.

We make heroes where we need them and ignore everything that doesn't prove heroism. Had MLK lived, he would not have been the father of the civil rights movement. He would not have been a hero. He would not have a statue to his greatness. His greatest contribution to civil rights was in being assassinated. He was a true martyr. In death his gigantic flaws are ignored. Not even forgiven, ignored. Only the myth remains.

Not content with that, liberals have to make up other myths like the ones about J. Edgar Hoover. Not a shred of evidence but lots of mythic conjecture.

You have no proof of any of your accusations, put the vodka bottle down.:eusa_hand:

It's not like the information isn't out there. If you wanted to, you would find out for yourself.

Yeah right, you just hate Blacks and its becoming more and more obvious each time you post.:eusa_hand:

I wouldn't say that slavery in South America or other countries is overlooked, I am pretty sure they teach it in their schools there, as far as I know Brazil was the last country in the Western Hemisphere to outlaw slavery, and Brazil has the largest Black population in the America's if I'm not mistaken. I agree with pretty much everything you said, I just get burned when people say to just get over and forget slavery.

You're correct about Brazil...

The black population in Brazil are descendants of slaves the Spaniards brought over..

It seems the Spaniards always get a free pass when American slavery is discussed..

75% of African slaves ended up in South America mining silver - hence Brazil and its demographics.

When people talk about slavery the first thing they will think of is North American slavery. Most people don't even know that the majority of African slaves ended up in South America..

People should be knowledgeable about their roots, however they shouldn't let their past play a role in their present day lives.

"Slavery" and "racism" are nothing more than excuses in 2012..

What happened 50 years ago plays no role in what is happening today, especially if you were born 1970 or after..

Slavery is part of American history - its part of every nations history - however its history and thats where it belongs - in history books.

Hmm I don't know too much about Brazil's history, did the blacks there have to endure Jim Crow type laws and have a civil rights movement of their own? it would be interesting to read about.

I don't know anything about what they faced after the Spaniards looted South America then went back to Spain filthy rich.

I do know that Jim Crow laws were only practiced in a few southern states, were sponsored by democrats and enforced by democrats.

Which is why I find it odd that 95% of blacks presently are democrat...

Hell even to this day the racists still vote democrat... I'm sure they got confused when Obama was elected :lol: at least the white racists such as the Nazi's and the KKK.

The black population in Brazil are descendants of slaves the Spaniards brought over..

It seems the Spaniards always get a free pass when American slavery is discussed..

75% of African slaves ended up in South America mining silver - hence Brazil and its demographics.

When people talk about slavery the first thing they will think of is North American slavery. Most people don't even know that the majority of African slaves ended up in South America..

People should be knowledgeable about their roots, however they shouldn't let their past play a role in their present day lives.

What happened 50 years ago plays no role in what is happening today, especially if you were born 1970 or after..

Slavery is part of American history - its part of every nations history - however its history and thats where it belongs - in history books.

Hmm I don't know too much about Brazil's history, did the blacks there have to endure Jim Crow type laws and have a civil rights movement of their own? it would be interesting to read about.

I don't know anything about what they faced after the Spaniards looted South America then went back to Spain filthy rich.

I do know that Jim Crow laws were only practiced in a few southern states, were sponsored by democrats and enforced by democrats.

Hell even to this day the racists still vote democrat... I'm sure they got confused when Obama was elected :lol: at least the white racists such as the Nazi's and the KKK.

I don't get that either, I remember Frederick Douglass was quoted as saying the Republican Party was the party of freedom, but it looks like things have flip flopped since than.:confused:

King was a womanizer as a matter of fact. Hoover was sexually ambiguous as a matter of liberal myth.

Why do you keep mentioning that? this is the like the 500th time I have seen you mention that MLK was a womanizer? why is his sex life such a big concern for you?

Well, I could bring up his embezlement from the Ebenezer Baptist Church to fund his legendary parties, or that he was a severe alcoholic. Or even that he plagiarized much of what he wrote, and others wrote the rest for him. But, in the above instance I was responding to someone else and was therefore constrained by what they said.

We make heroes where we need them and ignore everything that doesn't prove heroism. Had MLK lived, he would not have been the father of the civil rights movement. He would not have been a hero. He would not have a statue to his greatness. His greatest contribution to civil rights was in being assassinated. He was a true martyr. In death his gigantic flaws are ignored. Not even forgiven, ignored. Only the myth remains.

Not content with that, liberals have to make up other myths like the ones about J. Edgar Hoover. Not a shred of evidence but lots of mythic conjecture.

That is true..... MLK did plagiarize...

Hoover was a nut anyway you cut the pie. That guy was paranoid and eccentric..

I'd call him J. Edgar "big brother" Hoover...

He's a really fun read tho... JFK and his obsession with Castro is fun to read about as well.

I don't get that either, I remember Frederick Douglass was quoted as saying the Republican Party was the party of freedom, but it looks like things have flip flopped since than.:confused:

Well, David Duke got pissed (as did several democrats) when the democratic party started using blacks, they flipped republican out of spite and all of a sudden the republicans were racists overnight..

Of course they totally ignored guys like Robert Byrd, who were staunch democrats and members of the KKK and sympathetic to their plight..

Of course it was LBJ that said: "I'll have every ****** voting democrat for the next century (or 100 years)." of course that was the mid 60's..

Of course he was a Southern Democrat - a racist fuck to no surprise..

Well, David Duke got pissed (as did several democrats) when the democratic party started using blacks, they flipped republican out of spite and all of a sudden the republicans were racists overnight..

Of course they totally ignored guys like Robert Byrd, who were staunch democrats and members of the KKK and sympathetic to their plight..

Of course it was LBJ that said: "I'll have every ****** voting democrat for the next century (or 100 years)." of course that was the mid 60's..

I know that you are a poor student of history. But here's something to ponder: Democrats have not always been Liberals and Republicans have not always been Conservatives. There is a difference between political party and political ideology. One does not always correspond to what you may believe.

It makes perfect sense..

My point is/was that I'm too damn young to have to have anything to do with the oppression of blacks and that parroting what occurred before I was born and laying the burden of it on me and those of my generation is absolutely wrong.

As far as blacks are concerned they need to just get over it...

They act like they were the only race that was ever enslaved...

The reality is that 99.999% of those living today of any race, creed or religion are the descendants of slaves...

I don't know what makes the slavery of blacks any more important than the enslavement of anyone else.

Who is blaming you?

What happened in the civil rights movement was a keystone of our history. Anyone who values freedom and liberty, as you say you do, would recognize civil rights fighters as true American patriots.
They were fighting for liberty. They were fighting a government that stacked the rules against them. They were beaten, lynched and imprisoned. They never fired a shot and yet they won

I would think a libertarian would be impressed by that

Of course I value civil rights and I appreciate MLK, however all this race based bullshit needs to stop in our present time of 2012.

In present times race is nothing more than an excuse... "I didn't succeed at _________ because I'm black and everyone is a racist."

I cant even criticize a black person I don't agree with without being labeled a "racist."

As if the whole notion of disagreement has something to do with someones race instead of their ideas.

Hell, if you listen to the MSM op-ed political shows - especially the left wing shows - everyone who opposes Obama only does so because hes "black."

Then you have Obama's DOJ and the only thing I can say about that is "the chickens have come home to roost."

There is still rampant racism in this country. One only has to look at supposedly legitimate candidates like Ron Paul who would roll back the civil rights bill if they could and see Republicans cheer him to see we still are not there

Interesting outlook

I did not see southern republicans campaigning for the repeal of Jim Crow laws

Did I miss something?

I know that you are a poor student of history. But here's something to ponder: Democrats have not always been Liberals and Republicans have not always been Conservatives. There is a difference between political party and political ideology. One does not always correspond to what you may believe.

You're telling me something I already know...

BTW, I'm a great student of history....

Republicans have generally held the same position for the last 200 + years. RINO's are a different story, they're just as bad as progressives, but hardly racist.

Republicans were never racist - EVER...

We call ourselves conservatives because the party line has not changed since republicans were called Democratic-Republicans.

I suppose in modern times you could refer to me as a libertarian, however I'm really a Democratic-Republican or classical liberal..

BTW, I can assure you that I know way more about history than you do...

Republicans have generally held the same position for the last 200 + years. RINO's are a different story, they're just as bad as progressives, but hardly racist.

We call ourselves conservatives because the party line has not changed since republicans were called Democratic-Republicans.

I suppose in modern times you could refer to me as a libertarian, however I'm really a Democratic-Republican or classical liberal..

No. You cannot assure me that you know more about history than I. You do not have a firm grasp on American history, world history and particularly the history of the 20th century. You do have an amazing capacity to parrot Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity.

Conservatives are racist. Republicans may or may not be racists. It all depends on ideology, not political party affiliation.

Interesting outlook

Did I miss something?

How could they??? they were a super minority and even if they tried they would be attacked by men wearing sheets with pointy white hats...

Back then you didn't fuck with democrats because if you did you would have the KKK on your ass.

In the south Democrats ran the show...

Hell they even created their own racist party called the Dixicrats...

Interesting outlook

Did I miss something?

How could they??? they were a super minority and even if they tried they would be attacked by men wearing sheets with pointy white hats...

Back then you didn't fuck with democrats because if you did you would have the KKK on your ass.

Every Democrat who was elected in the south ran against a Republican. Believe it or not, there were actually Republicans who were elected in the south. EVERY one of them ran on a platform of Jim Crow.

No. You cannot assure me that you know more about history than I. You do not have a firm grasp on American history, world history and particularly the history of the 20th century. You do have an amazing capacity to parrot Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity.

Conservatives are racist. Republicans may or may not be racists. It all depends on ideology, not political party affiliation.

Oh I beg to differ you ignorant little fuck...

Just because you're a loyal democrat and the truth makes you feel like a fucking idiot does not make me ignorant.

Try embracing the truth sometime... It's common knowledge the south was controlled by racist democrats up until the mid 60's...

I know that is too hard for you to acknowledge because it shatters your little world, however it is truth and common knowledge..

Hell Robert Byrd is a fantastic example -- When he died Bill Clinton attempted to apologize for his KKK racist past...

You don't know anything dummy.........

You believe what you want to believe, while I believe in FACTS....

And yet Republican Ron Paul is running on a platform that he would have voted NO on the Civil Rights act

What a patriot

Just because you're a loyal democrat and the truth makes you feel like a fucking idiot does not make me ignorant.

Try embracing the truth sometime... It's common knowledge the south was controlled by racist democrats up until the mid 60's...

I know that is too hard for you to acknowledge because it shatters your little world, however it is truth and common knowledge..

Hell Robert Byrd is a fantastic example -- When he died Bill Clinton attempted to apologize for his KKK racist past...

Never get into a pissing contest with Nosmo over toilet specs. He'll eat your lunch.

Interesting outlook

Did I miss something?

Every Democrat who was elected in the south ran against a Republican. Believe it or not, there were actually Republicans who were elected in the south. EVERY one of them ran on a platform of Jim Crow.

That is total bullshit...

Rarely republicans got elected, and they NEVER ran on Jim Crow laws..

Sure republicans are pro-Tenth Amendment, however it was the democrats that manifested the Jim Crow laws.

So don't confuse supporting the Tenth Amendment with supporting tyrannical shit like Jim Crow laws...

And yet Republican Ron Paul is running on a platform that he would have voted NO on the Civil Rights act

What a patriot

Sometimes ideas are good but not constitutional.

The Constitution needs to be respected.

Besides, the civil rights act is redundant.

There is nothing in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights that blocks anyone from equality.

The civil rights act is a useless piece of legislation...

As a matter of fact Amendments XI-XXVII serve no purpose other than to give more power to the federal government.

You have no proof of any of your accusations, put the vodka bottle down.:eusa_hand:

It's not like the information isn't out there. If you wanted to, you would find out for yourself.

Yeah right, you just hate Blacks and its becoming more and more obvious each time you post.:eusa_hand:

I don't hate them. I have learned over many years to be extremely wary of them. I never know which one is going to just wig out or when or over what reason. I suppose that one might conclude I hate black people because I recognize that they do sometimes just rage for no good reason. To me that's just ordinary prudence. I have observed that you seem to be a reasonable person, most of the time. Have you ever asked youself seriously in a moment of self-reflection how much you need racism? I don't want an answer myself. It's a question you should be asking yourself. For instance has part of you never questioned that racism in a particular instance is necessary to avoid unpleasant facts?

I do hate manufactured greatness. I remember Martin Luther King, Jr., I certainly was around when he was marching and speaking. It's hard for me to accept the claptrap when I know better. King's true greatness came about as a by-product of his assassination. Had it not been for that, coming at that precise time, the entire civil rights movement may have collapsed changing the entire course of history.

There were plenty of black leaders of the day that didn't like King. Today it's heresy, but at the time, he had leadership that objected to his drinking, womanizing and the costs. Where did the money come from to support the massive parties? Donations to the cause, and the Ebenzer Baptist Church. Some of those leaders were active in building a case against King to discredit him and perhaps snatch the mantle of leadership themselves. Ralph Abernathy to mention just one. Coretta King, the grieving and devoted widow was ready to divorce him over his love of white, blonde prostitutes. Had King not been assassinated and been elevated to a mythic figure these things would have happened. It would have been all over.

One of the things that bothers me the most is sending little black girls to face off against Bull Connor's firehoses when it wasn't necessary. Connor was insane. Everyone knew it. The days of segregation in Alabama were over. Connor had lost the election. Wallace was limping to the end of his term. They both had become caracitures of the angry white segregationist without support of the people. King was told not to send those girls to stand against the crazy man who was going to be gone in a few days anyway. He chose to send those little girls in knowing they were going to be firehosed because it would be good publicity and donations were going to pour in.

No. I don't like people who do that. I don't. He should have gone in himself, led those girls, stood in front of them. Not sent in children to make a few bucks to spend on more booze binges.

Are you capable of discussing Martin Luther King, Jr., and his mythology without the need to find racism?

I like to think you are, but I remain wary that you are not.

Revisionist history at it's finest. The South was a democrat stronghold and they did call themselves Dixicrats.

The strongest supporters of Dixicrat policies are today revised into pro civil rights supporters, Strom Thurmond, Former Grand Kleagle Robert Byrd. Democrats can run but they can't hide.

What a patriot

Sometimes ideas are good but not constitutional.

The Constitution needs to be respected.

Besides, the civil rights act is redundant.

There is nothing in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights that blocks anyone from equality.

The civil rights act is a useless piece of legislation...

As a matter of fact Amendments XI-XXVII serve no purpose other than to give more power to the federal government.

The Civil rights act was useless? wow, just wow.:eek:

Forum List

Back