Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Market forces would eliminate racism? The market used Blacks as slaves and did rather well for better than a century. The market used Black labor at a reduced cost for another century after slavery was abolished by war and legal enforcement, at least as far as slavery went. Legal enforcement of any civil rights concern just did not exist for Black Americans.

States should resreve the right to treat citizens as second class citizens due to their complexion? Were states rights insititued to enforce injustice? States had legislated descrimination. Legislated voter suppression. Legislated two levels of property rights guarantees.

And how much longer were you going to allow any American to say to any other American "You cannot be served due to your complexion. We do not wish to associate ourselves with the likes of you."

What does 'land of the free' mean to you? Why shouldn't citizens look to the protection of federal law while their state laws continue to repress citizens for immutable circumstances?

This country was founded on a code of laws written by delegates in Philadelphia and ratified by state elected legislators. It was founded to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

Where should people seek justice, tranquility and the blessings of liberty? The whole of the constitution must be respected and citizens rely on the code of law to enforce justice throughout the land.

Are you not aware that presently blacks only makeup 13% of the population???

What do you think it was 200 years ago???

You may as well say that blacks did all the work while 80% of whites did nothing..

Furthermore there is absolutely NOTHING that states blacks are, or ever were LEGALLY able to be abused or oppressed.

Jim Crow laws were tyrannical because those laws violated the Bill of Rights up and down.

Slaves on the other-hand were PROPERTY and treated as such....

After the Emancipation Proclamation slaves were no longer property - hence the Bill of Rights applied to them as much as it did to a white man.

Hence there was never a need for a civil rights act...
So if only minorities are repressed by state law, that's okay? Each and every American is not due the protections of law? Stopping a Black student at the school house door simply because that student is Black is not cause for legal intervention to guarantee civil rights?

The south defended it's oppression by playing the 'state's rights' card over and over. Should not the rule of law speak clearly in defending the civil rights of all American citizens? Should a Civil Rights code of law not be established so such repression is no longer legal in what we so lovingly call the Land of the Free?

The Bill of Rights does not protect a customer at a lunch counter. It fails to protect a student entering school. It does not protect the rights of a person to ride a bus from Montgomery Alabama to Atlanta Georgia. It fails to protect a family moving into a new neighborhood from discrimination because they look different from the current inhabitants.

All these injustices were done even under the aegis of state's rights within my lifetime. Thank God there is a Civil Rights Act so this sort of injustice can no longer stain our nation.

Jim Crow laws were tyrannical - the laws violated the Bill of Rights..

However no one should be forced to do anything.

You can't force me so serve someone a sandwich if I don't want to. THAT IS AUTHORITARIANISM....

That is not right either.

People have the right to be racist, just as blacks have the right to liberty like anyone else.

So forcing a restaurant to serve a black individual (or anyone for that matter) is absolutely wrong...

See there you go again with the womanizing, drinking, sex parties etc. I don't really care if Martin Luther King did all that, nobody said the man was a saint. Malcolm X was also a thief, a liar, a hustler and messed around with white women. You seem eager to point these things out because you want to tear this man down and you have a low opinion of black people.:doubt:

I have a low opinion of prevaricators. Malcolm X was way different. Malcolm X was a redeemed soul. Malcolm X was a liar, hustler, liked white women AND men, he was bisexual, who became an intense racist when he became a black muslim and gave up his past evil ways. He once said of his mixed heritage, that if he could, he would take a knife and carve out the part of him that was white. However, he went on a pilgrimage to Mecca that changed his outlook. He came back very near a pacifist. There was a suspicion at one time that Malcolm X had King on a hit list!

Now I ask you, IF I were exposing the wrong doing by Jerry Falwell or Jim Baker would that make me an anti-white racist? I mean I can dish a lot of dirt on these guys. Start a topic.

Martin Luther King Jr. is unworthy of the myth of greatness. He would be unworthy of the myth of greatness if he were white. It has nothing to do with his color, it has to do with an unwarranted mantle of heroism.

Right, so lets see you tear down some white people? George Washington was a fucking joke and a loser right?:eusa_hand:
Well, he was a prevaricator of the first water!

I might have said a provocateur not a prevaricator, but why not skewer with the knife provided?

You are spot on but it seems like many Americans who are not Black don't really care for any of this and are ready to shred up the civil rights act and live back like we are in 1948 Alabama. This ignorance and niatevity of some people just kills me.

The only ignorance that is going on is by those who pretend they know something.

Tell me how 10% of the population builds a country and an economy while the other 90% sit around and do nothing (allegedly)...

Blacks didn't do much of anything except pick cotton and tobacco on plantations. Of course some were servants who were treated quite nicely BTW as the majority of slaves were treated quite nicely...

Why the fuck you think they never left the south???

Most stuck around and continued to work for their "masters" because they were not bad people and in many cases treated their "slaves" as family members...

The plantation owners were the brutal ones who would whip slaves and degrade them...

Most slaves were treated kindly and that is why they never left the south - they never needed to or didn't want to...

Wow your ignorance is just off the charts, its obvious you just dislike Black people and enjoy pissing on their history.:eusa_hand:

You goddamn well know I could care less.

I don't give a fuck about race..... You do..

I'm not going to be sympathetic to you or treat you any differently than I would treat another just because you're black..

Apparently you do want sympathy and want to be treated differently because you're black.

I could care less about black slavery --- You were NEVER A FUCKING SLAVE so shut the fuck up about it...

Just about everyone has an ancestor that is a slave - do you see them bitching about it?? or making it an issue or a core part of their lives?? NOPE!

I don't feel sorry and I don't feel sympathetic because I DID NOTHING WRONG, and YOU WERE NEVER A VICTIM...

So get over it NOW...

You may as well say that blacks did all the work while 80% of whites did nothing..

Furthermore there is absolutely NOTHING that states blacks are, or ever were LEGALLY able to be abused or oppressed.

Jim Crow laws were tyrannical because those laws violated the Bill of Rights up and down.

After the Emancipation Proclamation slaves were no longer property - hence the Bill of Rights applied to them as much as it did to a white man.

So if only minorities are repressed by state law, that's okay? Each and every American is not due the protections of law? Stopping a Black student at the school house door simply because that student is Black is not cause for legal intervention to guarantee civil rights?

The south defended it's oppression by playing the 'state's rights' card over and over. Should not the rule of law speak clearly in defending the civil rights of all American citizens? Should a Civil Rights code of law not be established so such repression is no longer legal in what we so lovingly call the Land of the Free?

The Bill of Rights does not protect a customer at a lunch counter. It fails to protect a student entering school. It does not protect the rights of a person to ride a bus from Montgomery Alabama to Atlanta Georgia. It fails to protect a family moving into a new neighborhood from discrimination because they look different from the current inhabitants.

All these injustices were done even under the aegis of state's rights within my lifetime. Thank God there is a Civil Rights Act so this sort of injustice can no longer stain our nation.

You can't force me so serve someone a sandwich if I don't want to. THAT IS AUTHORITARIANISM....

People have the right to be racist, just as blacks have the right to liberty like anyone else.

So forcing a restaurant to serve a black individual (or anyone for that matter) is absolutely wrong...

So you think that market forces are more dear than civil rights? Let's take a look at that. The markets used Blacks as slaves. Should we enforce civil rights over the market forces that demand slave labor? The markets used Blacks as a labor pool and paid them waaay beneath the market for white labor. Should we enforce civil rights over the free market? The market discriminated against Blacks in property sales. Should we enforce civil rights so that every American has an equal opportunity to own his own home?

How long could you sit back and watch someone denied services simply because of his complexion? Is it authoritarian to ensure that all men are created equal, or is the myth of a "Free Market" so inculcated into your limited, myopic and warped world view that the idea of liberty and equality no longer has a foothold?

I have a low opinion of prevaricators. Malcolm X was way different. Malcolm X was a redeemed soul. Malcolm X was a liar, hustler, liked white women AND men, he was bisexual, who became an intense racist when he became a black muslim and gave up his past evil ways. He once said of his mixed heritage, that if he could, he would take a knife and carve out the part of him that was white. However, he went on a pilgrimage to Mecca that changed his outlook. He came back very near a pacifist. There was a suspicion at one time that Malcolm X had King on a hit list!

Now I ask you, IF I were exposing the wrong doing by Jerry Falwell or Jim Baker would that make me an anti-white racist? I mean I can dish a lot of dirt on these guys. Start a topic.

Martin Luther King Jr. is unworthy of the myth of greatness. He would be unworthy of the myth of greatness if he were white. It has nothing to do with his color, it has to do with an unwarranted mantle of heroism.

Right, so lets see you tear down some white people? George Washington was a fucking joke and a loser right?:eusa_hand:

I might have said a provocateur not a prevaricator, but why not skewer with the knife provided?

I'd love to tear down Nancy Pelosi...

We share the same ethnicity and I think shes evil... I'd throw the dictionary at that bitch..

I'd spit in her face...

I'd spit in her food..

The only ignorance that is going on is by those who pretend they know something.

Tell me how 10% of the population builds a country and an economy while the other 90% sit around and do nothing (allegedly)...

Blacks didn't do much of anything except pick cotton and tobacco on plantations. Of course some were servants who were treated quite nicely BTW as the majority of slaves were treated quite nicely...

Why the fuck you think they never left the south???

Most stuck around and continued to work for their "masters" because they were not bad people and in many cases treated their "slaves" as family members...

The plantation owners were the brutal ones who would whip slaves and degrade them...

Most slaves were treated kindly and that is why they never left the south - they never needed to or didn't want to...

Wow your ignorance is just off the charts, its obvious you just dislike Black people and enjoy pissing on their history.:eusa_hand:

I'm not going to be sympathetic to you or treat you any differently than I would treat another just because you're black..

Apparently you do want sympathy and want to be treated differently because you're black.

I could care less about black slavery --- You were NEVER A FUCKING SLAVE so shut the fuck up about it...

Just about everyone has an ancestor that is a slave - do you see them bitching about it?? or making it an issue or a core part of their lives?? NOPE!

I don't feel sorry and I don't feel sympathetic because I DID NOTHING WRONG, and YOU WERE NEVER A VICTIM...

So get over it NOW...

Ok, first of all fuck you you stupid ass son of a bitch, I never said I was a slave or anything like that, your ignorant ass did. I don't want sympathy from anyone its obvious you have a problem with Black people and you are pulling all this shit out of your ass, your lack of knowledge of American History is equal to that a second grader, you should be ashamed of yourself posting all this gibberish on here.

Nobody is forcing you to serve a sandwich. But if you want to operate a business in our country you have to treat everyone equally. If you do not like it, you do not have to run a business. That is the way rules are

Do you think a business should be able to pay Sicilians $5 an hour less because the owner hates Sicilians? Should he be able to deny Sicilians access to his restrooms because bethinks they are filthy subhumans?

We share the same ethnicity and I think shes evil... I'd throw the dictionary at that bitch..

I'd spit in her face...

I'd spit in her food..
And doing so you would prove what? That you have the manners of a petulant three year old?

I'd spit in her face...

I'd spit in her food..
And doing so you would prove what? That you have the manners of a petulant three year old?

Yeah no shit, that was one of the must crude things I have seen on this board.:eusa_liar:

So you think that market forces are more dear than civil rights? Let's take a look at that. The markets used Blacks as slaves. Should we enforce civil rights over the market forces that demand slave labor? The markets used Blacks as a labor pool and paid them waaay beneath the market for white labor. Should we enforce civil rights over the free market? The market discriminated against Blacks in property sales. Should we enforce civil rights so that every American has an equal opportunity to own his own home?

How long could you sit back and watch someone denied services simply because of his complexion? Is it authoritarian to ensure that all men are created equal, or is the myth of a "Free Market" so inculcated into your limited, myopic and warped world view that the idea of liberty and equality no longer has a foothold?

You know absolutely nothing about economy...

Sorry I cannot debate your fucking ignorant view on economics... It makes no goddamn sense.

You keep on saying "the markets" and I have absolutely no fucking idea as to what you mean by "the markets."

Oh, and I couldn't give a shit if another individual does not want to serve another individual...

Who the fuck are you to say someone has to do something they don't want to do???

Ya fucking Nazi..

That's the biggest problem with you progressives - you just seem to think you can force people to do shit...

Fucking Nazi's...

I'd spit in her face...

I'd spit in her food..

Well what the fuck do you call OWS???

5-year-olds???

Nobody is forcing you to serve a sandwich. But if you want to operate a business in our country you have to treat everyone equally. If you do not like it, you do not have to run a business. That is the way rules are

Do you think a business should be able to pay Sicilians $5 an hour less because the owner hates Sicilians? Should he be able to deny Sicilians access to his restrooms because bethinks they are filthy subhumans?

What the fuck are you talking about??

I have freedom to do like and dislike who I want. I'm not even a racist - I do stand for freedom and freedom is bitter and sweet.

I would find it illogical that one would not serve a black - however if they didn't want to then oh well.

You can't force an individual to do something they don't want to do - THAT IS NOT FREEDOM..

Hell, If I wanted too I could open up a business and only serve people who wear silly hats - its no different than a dress code which MANY bars, restaurants and clubs impose.

Individuals can serve whoever the fuck they want... Buying a fucking sandwich or getting served ISN'T A RIGHT...

Sorry I cannot debate your fucking ignorant view on economics... It makes no goddamn sense.

You keep on saying "the markets" and I have absolutely no fucking idea as to what you mean by "the markets."

Oh, and I couldn't give a shit if another individual does not want to serve another individual...

Who the fuck are you to say someone has to do something they don't want to do???

Ya fucking Nazi..

That's the biggest problem with you progressives - you just seem to think you can force people to do shit...

Fucking Nazi's...
Is this further proof that you know more about history than I?

The markets included slavery. The markets included lunch counters that discriminated. The markets used Black labor after slavery at reduced costs. The markets discriminated against Black families who wanted to buy a home in a previously white neighborhood.

The markets, dear stupid Nick, permitted discrimination and enslavement. The LAW countermanded this discrimination. It was not Authoritarian. It was JUSTICE.

And justice is codified by law. The markets are only there to make a buck, not provide legal protections from discrimination.

Left to their own devices, "Free Markets" would still be the last place American citizens can find equality.

See there you go again with the womanizing, drinking, sex parties etc. I don't really care if Martin Luther King did all that, nobody said the man was a saint. Malcolm X was also a thief, a liar, a hustler and messed around with white women. You seem eager to point these things out because you want to tear this man down and you have a low opinion of black people.:doubt:

For one thing, George Washington is not the subject of this topic. For another, he was our first president. He led the revolution against England. Martin Luther King was never a president. His fame came AFTER his death, when his accomplishments were ginned up to make an undeserved hero.

If you want a white comparison to King, take JFK. Drug addict, womanizer, his inept handling of the Cuban missile crisis brought us near to WWIII. And, his exploits of heroism during the PT-109 incident was caused by his own screw up. Fortunately he was able to really be a hero in the situation he caused. Camelot wasn't Camelot until after his death, also by assassination. Does JFK deserve the myth that has been created about him? No, he only got to be president by some massive fraud. Like King, JFK's reputation came after his death and is largely a matter of machination.

I think we will eventually make up the entirety of the Civil Rights movement and the totality of the events of the day.

So get over it NOW...

Ok, first of all fuck you you stupid ass son of a bitch, I never said I was a slave or anything like that, your ignorant ass did. I don't want sympathy from anyone its obvious you have a problem with Black people and you are pulling all this shit out of your ass, your lack of knowledge of American History is equal to that a second grader, you should be ashamed of yourself posting all this gibberish on here.

I never implied you were a slave...

And you DO want to be treated as a poor black victim....

If you didn't you wouldn't be in here talking shit.

BTW, I have many black friends who all agree with me on this issue which I have discussed many times with them...

I suppose you would call them an "uncle tom."

You don't want an accurate history - what you want is a history where blacks are super victims of the evil white man, and democrats came to save you from the evil white republicans...

That's what you want to hear..

That way it will make you feel all snug inside and righteous...

Ya fucking Nazi..

Fucking Nazi's...

The markets included slavery. The markets included lunch counters that discriminated. The markets used Black labor after slavery at reduced costs. The markets discriminated against Black families who wanted to buy a home in a previously white neighborhood.

The markets, dear stupid Nick, permitted discrimination and enslavement. The LAW countermanded this discrimination. It was not Authoritarian. It was JUSTICE.

And justice is codified by law. The markets are only there to make a buck, not provide legal protections from discrimination.

Left to their own devices, "Free Markets" would still be the last place American citizens can find equality.

Well under my "markets" which how you ignorantly put it - It would be illogical to turn down a paying customer.

What you're talking about is microeconomics - not "markets."

Then you go on to say "markets are responsible for discrimination."

You are one dumb motherfucker..

I didn't know economics could discriminate, considering they're their own entity..

I suppose capitalism is racist???

Is that your ignorant point???

Oh and I would love to know how 10% of a population made such a huge economic impact. Please elaborate on that one.

Also, you're a fucking Nazi if you believe you can force an individual to do something he/she refuses..

Authoritarian freak tyrant to liberty...

I have freedom to do like and dislike who I want. I'm not even a racist - I do stand for freedom and freedom is bitter and sweet.

I would find it illogical that one would not serve a black - however if they didn't want to then oh well.

You can't force an individual to do something they don't want to do - THAT IS NOT FREEDOM..

Hell, If I wanted too I could open up a business and only serve people who wear silly hats - its no different than a dress code which MANY bars, restaurants and clubs impose.

Individuals can serve whoever the fuck they want... Buying a fucking sandwich or getting served ISN'T A RIGHT...

I'm not talking about blacks, I'm talking about an owner who does not want his restrooms soiled by filthy Sicilians. I'm talking about an owner who will pay Sicilians less than regular workers because they are not as bright.
If a community does not want to allow Sicilians in their neighborhood because they bring down real estate values.....why should they?

I'm not talking about blacks, I'm talking about an owner who does not want his restrooms soiled by filthy Sicilians. I'm talking about an owner who will pay Sicilians less than regular workers because they are not as bright.
If a community does not want to allow Sicilians in their neighborhood because they bring down real estate values.....why should they?

Well I wouldn't live in a community that doesn't want my "ilk."

I would choose a community that would appreciate me.

Ya fucking Nazi..

Fucking Nazi's...

Well under my "markets" which how you ignorantly put it - It would be illogical to turn down a paying customer.

I didn't know economics could discriminate, considering they're their own entity..

Oh and I would love to know how 10% of a population made such a huge economic impact. Please elaborate on that one.

Also, you're a fucking Nazi if you believe you can force an individual to do something he/she refuses..

Nick,

I'm going over there and talk to that brick wall for a while. Because I believe that wall will make more sense, be more mature, speak with greater authority and a greater sense of history than you will ever be capable of.

I pity you and your attitudes. One day, the few and ignorant such as yourself will dwindle in number. By attrition, by death, or, hopefully, by education, those who harbor the twisted notions of right and wrong that have so poorly served you will no longer be a problem to thinking America.

Nick,

I'm going over there and talk to that brick wall for a while. Because I believe that wall will make more sense, be more mature, speak with greater authority and a greater sense of history than you will ever be capable of.

I pity you and your attitudes. One day, the few and ignorant such as yourself will dwindle in number. By attrition, by death, or, hopefully, by education, those who harbor the twisted notions of right and wrong that have so poorly served you will no longer be a problem to thinking America.

Go talk to an inanimate object, like I really care...

As a true classical liberal I don't see things as you see them.

You see things as you want to see them..

Forum List

Back