🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

I'm 31 years old...

Go to sleep....

Your hippie ilk does nothing more than surr-up old memories then use them against us younger guys...

Fuck You!!!!!
Is that what you said during history class? No wonder it's fair to say the "dumbing down of America".

That's the problem. Once someone is dead anyone can claim anything. There are probably people claiming Reagan would have supported Occupy Wall Street.

King was a communist, a womanizer and an alcoholic. What kind of content of character is that? Johnson was just a scumbag. But he did a hell of a lot more for civil rights than King ever dreamed of.

Shakespeare once said something about being hoisted upon your own petard.

Could I change that to being hoisted by a retard?

Don't have you a toilet to inspect? That is more suited to your limited intellect than trying to engage i ndebate with people who are better prepared and informed than you are.
King was exactly what I wrote. There is no dispute about it. Hoover had tapes of him with other women.

If you want to see the racist creeps crawling out from under the rocks?

Post something about Dr. Martin Luther King.

So he fomented a riot and Lyndon Johnson signed legislation.
Why isn't there a Lyndon Johnson Day?

Why didn't Johnson get to part the Red Sea? :lol:

MLK was a Civil Rights Leader. Think "Content of Character" and roll with it. I can think of worse Roll Models. ;)
King was a communist, a womanizer and an alcoholic. What kind of content of character is that? Johnson was just a scumbag. But he did a hell of a lot more for civil rights than King ever dreamed of.

Not only that, but I have it under good advice that King used a telepromter

So he fomented a riot and Lyndon Johnson signed legislation.
Why isn't there a Lyndon Johnson Day?

Why didn't Johnson get to part the Red Sea? :lol:

MLK was a Civil Rights Leader. Think "Content of Character" and roll with it. I can think of worse Roll Models. ;)

And Reagan committed treason and supported nun raping terrorists. That's what Iran Contra was all about.

Betcha still love the guy.

That's the problem. Once someone is dead anyone can claim anything. There are probably people claiming Reagan would have supported Occupy Wall Street.

Don't have you a toilet to inspect? That is more suited to your limited intellect than trying to engage i ndebate with people who are better prepared and informed than you are.
King was exactly what I wrote. There is no dispute about it. Hoover had tapes of him with other women.

The fact that Hoover would stoop to taping sex sessions of Dr King reflects more poorly on Hoover and the FBI. Given that Hoover hired his gay lover as Deputy of the FBI and shared a house with him is much more shocking

The fact that Hoover would stoop to taping sex sessions of Dr King reflects more poorly on Hoover and the FBI. Given that Hoover hired his gay lover as Deputy of the FBI and shared a house with him is much more shocking

There is no evidence they were gay lovers. Unlike King, where there was overwhelming evidence he was a womanizer who regularly cheated on his wife.
Why is it OK for King and not OK for Newt? The Left are the biggest hypocrites to walk the planet.

There is no evidence they were gay lovers. Unlike King, where there was overwhelming evidence he was a womanizer who regularly cheated on his wife.
Why is it OK for King and not OK for Newt? The Left are the biggest hypocrites to walk the planet.

Oh really?

How many directors of major agencies never marry and choose a Deputy Director like Clyde Tolson who also never married and just happen to have the guy move into your house? How may directors actually live with their deputies. And then they sold the public nonsense that Hoover never married because he was so dedicated to his job

Hoovers witch hunt towards Dr King did more to destroy his once fabled career than anything he ever found on Dr King

400px-Hoover_%26_Tolson.jpg

Last edited:

It's a pronouncement that the left makes. The left is dishonest, across the board, they will lie about anything and everything. Hoover doesn't actually need to be gay for the left to say so. MLK doesn't need to be a hero for the left to say so. After all, it didn't need to be true for the left to say Herman Cain was a womanizer and destroy his career, despite being black. There is nothing wrong with treating King the same way Cain was treated.

King was womanizer and Hoover was sexually ambiguous.

What do those traits have to do with their public accomplishments?

King was a womanizer as a matter of fact. Hoover was sexually ambiguous as a matter of liberal myth.

Oh really?

How many directors of major agencies never marry and choose a Deputy Director like Clyde Tolson who also never married and just happen to have the guy move into your house? How may directors actually live with their deputies. And then they sold the public nonsense that Hoover never married because he was so dedicated to his job

Hoovers witch hunt towards Dr King did more to destroy his once fabled career than anything he ever found on Dr King

I really dont know.
But I've known men who lived with other men who were clearly not gay.
King was screwing other women, not his wife, and the evidence is on tape. Why was it OK for King, but not OK for Cain, assuming he even did that?
You are a hypocrite.

Oh really?

I really dont know.
King was screwing other women, not his wife, and the evidence is on tape. Why was it OK for King, but not OK for Cain, assuming he even did that?
You are a hypocrite.

I'm sure that as a highly paid beurocrat, Hoover was just shacking up with Tolson to save on rent money

Whether King had sex with other women is irrelevant. There is no law against it. I do believe there was a law against homosexual activity while Hoover was FBI director.

Cain was never prosecuted for his extracurricular activities. However, his firm did make a large payout to end sexual harassment charges. Cain was free to go to the voters with his record....HE chose not to

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/cops_others/hoover/6.html

. On the other hand, there were many things in his lifestyle that collectively made people wonder. He apparently never had any romantic attachments with women, even in high school. As far as anyone could remember, he never had a date. There were classical statues of nude men in his garden. He lived with his mother until she died. He dressed like a dandy. Not that any or all of these factors represent a homosexual lifestyle, nevertheless some people interpreted them as indicators.

The single factor that gave rise to the strongest rumors was Hoover's lifelong intimacy with Clyde Tolson. Tolson was a tall, handsome man from Missouri who got his law degree from Hoover's alma mater, George Washington University. He was five years younger than Hoover.

He joined the Bureau in April of 1928 and quickly became Hoover's closest personal friend and business associate, replacing Frank Baughman who had gotten married. Tolson's promotion within the Bureau was unprecedented. He soon became the second most powerful man in the Bureau. Whenever Hoover was invited to a social function, Tolson was also invited.

Powers describes what many considered a "spousal" relationship between the two men: "They rode to and from work together, ate lunches together, and vacationed together...When Hoover traveled on official business, Tolson traveled with him...The relationship was so close, so enduring, and so affectionate that it took the place of marriage for both bachelors."

Last edited:
King was a womanizer as a matter of fact. Hoover was sexually ambiguous as a matter of liberal myth.

False and that is how it is taught in HS and college. The reactionary nonsense from beyond the far right slips every time.

Sorry bout that,

1. Hey can you guys get back to attacking MLK???
2. All this Hoover was a fag is getting sorta boring!
3. Hey, maybe start a new thread about Hoover and Tolson, the butt buddies.
4. And stop mucking up this nice thread about MLK!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Oh really?

I really dont know.
You are a hypocrite.

I'm sure that as a highly paid beurocrat, Hoover was just shacking up with Tolson to save on rent money

Whether King had sex with other women is irrelevant. There is no law against it. I do believe there was a law against homosexual activity while Hoover was FBI director.

Cain was never prosecuted for his extracurricular activities. However, his firm did make a large payout to end sexual harassment charges. Cain was free to go to the voters with his record....HE chose not to

The Life and Career of J. Edgar Hoover — Homosexual? — Crime Library on truTV.com

. On the other hand, there were many things in his lifestyle that collectively made people wonder. He apparently never had any romantic attachments with women, even in high school. As far as anyone could remember, he never had a date. There were classical statues of nude men in his garden. He lived with his mother until she died. He dressed like a dandy. Not that any or all of these factors represent a homosexual lifestyle, nevertheless some people interpreted them as indicators.

The single factor that gave rise to the strongest rumors was Hoover's lifelong intimacy with Clyde Tolson. Tolson was a tall, handsome man from Missouri who got his law degree from Hoover's alma mater, George Washington University. He was five years younger than Hoover.

He joined the Bureau in April of 1928 and quickly became Hoover's closest personal friend and business associate, replacing Frank Baughman who had gotten married. Tolson's promotion within the Bureau was unprecedented. He soon became the second most powerful man in the Bureau. Whenever Hoover was invited to a social function, Tolson was also invited.

Powers describes what many considered a "spousal" relationship between the two men: "They rode to and from work together, ate lunches together, and vacationed together...When Hoover traveled on official business, Tolson traveled with him...The relationship was so close, so enduring, and so affectionate that it took the place of marriage for both bachelors."

Hoover, as the head of FBI, would be sensitive to potential charges of homosexuality and the possibility of blackmail. Thus it's fair to say he wasn't homosexual.
Why is it irrelevant if King had sex with other women but not irrelevant if Newt did?

False and that is how it is taught in HS and college. The reactionary nonsense from beyond the far right slips every time.

MLK was a womanizer...

Hoover was a paranoid lunatic that kept records on just about everyone.

I could care less about either one of them as far as their sex life concerned.

Sorry bout that,

1. Hey can you guys get back to attacking MLK???
2. All this Hoover was a fag is getting sorta boring!
3. Hey, maybe start a new thread about Hoover and Tolson, the butt buddies.
4. And stop mucking up this nice thread about MLK!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Wow I can't believe I agree with Chesswarsnow!:eek:

Why do you keep mentioning that? this is the like the 500th time I have seen you mention that MLK was a womanizer? why is his sex life such a big concern for you?

Forum List

Back