🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

The far right is missing the very fact that progressive left wing and right wing factions came together to end segregation. Integration would not have occurred on by itself. That took big government federal force. Those who argue those days are over and can never happen again have the right to their views (Dr. Paul et al) but absolutely no support for them.

If we allowed Dr Paul's philosophy of allowing the free market to correct itself we would not go back to segregation. What we would have is a new target of persecution be it gays, Muslims or the Spanish speaking.

I agree with that in principle. The fact is that Americans historically have used government to either persecute or forbid persecution on undesirable minorities. To ignore historical realities appears simple minded.

:lol: or Anyone Right of Obama. Conservatives, Uncle Tom's ;), You know, Anyone that disagrees with you or the DNC Party Line. ;)

Well, boys and girls, in this topic we have learned why the ad hominem is considered a logical fallacy.

Lots of great men and women who have achieved great things had personal flaws. Those flaws do not take anything away from their accomplishments.

The only time a personal flaw has any bearing on a person's achievements is when they contradict the achievement. For instance, if a preacher becomes famous for promoting heterosexual marriage and it turns out he was a flaming homosexual, then his personal life has some bearing on what he is known for.

If a guy leads people out of bondage, his drinking habits really have nothing do with the fact he led his people out of bondage. And pointing out his drinking habits in an attempt to distract from the great things he achieved does not really fool anyone and just makes you look like an illogical ass.

Remind us what King achieved.

Did you sleep through that part in school?

He got his start by leading the Montgomery bus boycott, demonstrating the power of non-violent protest. A concept that took off from there to other similar actions which produced great results.

His leadership abilities, tireless work, and rhetorical prowess energized millions of people into a civil rights movement that led to the end of segration and the enforcement of voting rights for minorities.

A concept which John Locke applied from Scripture, picked up on by Thoreau, MLK, and Gandhi among others.

"Anyone Right of Obama. Conservatives, Uncle Tom's , You know, Anyone that disagrees with you or the DNC Party Line" or anyone that disagrees with you and a weak brand of sloppy libertarianism. :lol:

The republican party is racist.

Ask a black voter.

You can not deny that black people do not like the republican party.

Ask a republican why and it will result in them talking crap about black people.

TM is a Race Baiter. Who knew? :eek:

Yes because to a con like you asking black people what they think is race baiting

No. You are just a Race Baiter. It's pretty much in everything you post TM.

"Anyone Right of Obama. Conservatives, Uncle Tom's , You know, Anyone that disagrees with you or the DNC Party Line" or anyone that disagrees with you and a weak brand of sloppy libertarianism. :lol:

Thanks for finding my basketball Jake. You can return it now. :D I actually don't have a problem with original perspective when it is original and supported Jake. :lol:
You want to give it a shot. ;) :lol:

I have, Intense. You were the one who blew it. :lol: You may have the last word; I won't respond to you further.

Last edited:
I have, Intense. You were the one who blew it. :lol: You may have the last word; I won't respond to you further.

I haven't blown anything Jake. :eusa_whistle:

You are the Statist Progressive. One thing is for sure there Jake. Original Thought is not allowed in your Circles. The one thing you may be an authority on is conformity. Don't go pissing yourself worrying about free will now. ;)

its so funny watching this thread get trolled.

i think it's fair to say there was a lot of unrest.

but i guess people who think the civil rights act somehow infringes on our rights really aren't the proper judges of that.

Only the part that forces private companies not to discriminate. That's an infringement. My problem with that part of the CRA is that I would prefer companies be able to discriminate - because that way I'd know who they are... and I could discriminate against them. I despise racism as much as any liberal - in truth most conservatives despise it (despite what the left say).

And... on topic.... MLK totally rocked! Did he 'save' the country? No. Did he change it for the better? Oh. Hell. YEA.
Market forces would eliminate racism? The market used Blacks as slaves and did rather well for better than a century. The market used Black labor at a reduced cost for another century after slavery was abolished by war and legal enforcement, at least as far as slavery went. Legal enforcement of any civil rights concern just did not exist for Black Americans.

And then how much longer were you going to allow any American to say to any other American "You cannot be served due to your complexion. We do not wish to associate ourselves with the likes of you."

What does 'land of the free' mean to you? Why would you try to reform, to rectify what it means to be an American by Free Market systems rather than the code of law?

This country was founded on a code of laws written by delegates in Philadelphia and ratified by state elected legislators. The Dow Jones was founded under a tree on Wall Street.

One was meant to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

The other to make a buck.

Where should people seek justice, tranquility and the blessings of liberty?

Just think how much easier life would have been for everyone if they had all just gotten their 40 acres and a mule! :lol:

That would have entailed breaking up the classic land ownership patterns of the South. Instead, the big money had to find a way to make sure they had landless agricultural laborers, black and white, to do the work. The big money succeeded. It was called sharecropping. Of agriculturally landless whites and blacks in the country, by 1900, 50% and 75%, respectively, were sharecroppers.

That would have entailed breaking up the classic land ownership patterns of the South. Instead, the big money had to find a way to make sure they had landless agricultural laborers, black and white, to do the work. The big money succeeded. It was called sharecropping. Of agriculturally landless whites and blacks in the country, by 1900, 50% and 75%, respectively, were sharecroppers.

And of the north.

The republican party is racist.

Ask a black voter.

You can not deny that black people do not like the republican party.

Ask a republican why and it will result in them talking crap about black people.

TM is a Race Baiter. Who knew? :eek:

Yes because to a con like you asking black people what they think is race baiting

Might I suggest that you might find a less intellectually challenging forum more suitable? Perhaps the Romper Room might be more appropriate for your diminished capacity?

Just trying to help.

Just think how much easier life would have been for everyone if they had all just gotten their 40 acres and a mule! :lol:

Or did what Lincoln wanted to do.

Lincoln's 10% plan would have entrenched the Confederate leaders in southern and national politics once again, and launched the Radical Republicans into a violent struggle for the country.

its so funny watching this thread get trolled.

i think it's fair to say there was a lot of unrest.

but i guess people who think the civil rights act somehow infringes on our rights really aren't the proper judges of that.

Only the part that forces private companies not to discriminate. That's an infringement. My problem with that part of the CRA is that I would prefer companies be able to discriminate - because that way I'd know who they are... and I could discriminate against them. I despise racism as much as any liberal - in truth most conservatives despise it (despite what the left say).

And... on topic.... MLK totally rocked! Did he 'save' the country? No. Did he change it for the better? Oh. Hell. YEA.
Market forces would eliminate racism? The market used Blacks as slaves and did rather well for better than a century. The market used Black labor at a reduced cost for another century after slavery was abolished by war and legal enforcement, at least as far as slavery went. Legal enforcement of any civil rights concern just did not exist for Black Americans.

And then how much longer were you going to allow any American to say to any other American "You cannot be served due to your complexion. We do not wish to associate ourselves with the likes of you."

What does 'land of the free' mean to you? Why would you try to reform, to rectify what it means to be an American by Free Market systems rather than the code of law?

This country was founded on a code of laws written by delegates in Philadelphia and ratified by state elected legislators. The Dow Jones was founded under a tree on Wall Street.

One was meant to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

The idea that people would boycott businesses that participated in racism is not supported by history. The south went 100 years with segregation and seemed perfectly comfortable

Any boycotts were directed at establishments that served blacks as equals

The idea that people would boycott businesses that participated in racism is not supported by history. The south went 100 years with segregation and seemed perfectly comfortable

Any boycotts were directed at establishments that served blacks as equals
Well...seprate but 'equal'.

Forum List

Back