🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

The republican party is racist.

Ask a black voter.

You can not deny that black people do not like the republican party.

Ask a republican why and it will result in them talking crap about black people.

TM is a Race Baiter. Who knew? :eek:

Imagine going into a restaurant and being told you could not sit inside on the tables off of real plates but that you could go around the back and get food in a sack...but still pay the same price for the indignity.
Imagine driving with your kids and being told at a gas station that your kids could not use the restroom
Imagine getting on a bus in the front, paying the driver and having to get off the bus and reenter through the back door so you would not have to walk through the white people

Now, imagine it is 2012 and we have a leading presidential candidate who supports that

Imagine if you stopped lying for political point scoring? Hard, isn't it?

Ron Paul has stated that he opposes forcing businesses to serve blacks if they don't want to. He is perfectly fine with that gas station telling a black child that she can't use the restroom

2012 Libertarian America

He's also fine with a gas station telling a white child that she can't use the restroom. You see, it's the gas stations business, not the government's.

Ask a black voter.

Ask a republican why and it will result in them talking crap about black people.

Which will include "being brainwashed", wanting to be "on the plantation" or just wanting freedies / too lazy.

Then they wonder why the people they are talking down too dont want to join them.

Ask a black voter.

Did you vote for Harry Reid?
It's really a simple question; one that you've refused to answer for over a week now. Shit or get off the pot. Do you discriminate against all Mormons or just those that belong to the GOP?

The sainted Dr. King. We have a holiday honoring an alcoholic whoremaster. Somehow it seems fitting for today's people. If King had not been assassinated, he would have spent the civil rights movement in prison for embezzling money from the Ebenezer Baptist Church to fund his legendary booze and whore parties. Oh yes I remember the civil rights movement. I especially remember how he ordered black children in front of Bull Connor's fire hoses because it looked good on camera. Anything for the cause, right?

Here we go.

Ron Paul has stated that he opposes forcing businesses to serve blacks if they don't want to. He is perfectly fine with that gas station telling a black child that she can't use the restroom

2012 Libertarian America

He's also fine with a gas station telling a white child that she can't use the restroom. You see, it's the gas stations business, not the government's.

As long as you ignore history this is a valid point. He also is fine with a gas station telling a green person they cant use the restroom. :lol:

see the right still hates MLK

No. The Right does not...a selective few on the Right do...and I wish to thank the OP for posting this thread so we can view those few in "all their glory". Let's remember who they are....and keep that in mind whenever having posting conversations with them in the future. Katzdogz comes to mind first of all.

2012 Libertarian America

As long as you ignore history this is a valid point. He also is fine with a gas station telling a green person they cant use the restroom. :lol:

SCOTUS has long held that if you put your business out there for the public, you cannot discriminate based on race. That's public policy. It's a non issue. Already been decided.

...people who think the civil rights act somehow infringes on our rights really aren't the proper judges of that.

Those are the people who want to drink from a drinking fountain that is completely negro-free.

104502_600.jpg

2012-01-16-brief-cartoon-2.jpg

SCOTUS has long held that if you put your business out there for the public, you cannot discriminate based on race. That's public policy. It's a non issue. Already been decided.

Of course that's the problem. Separate but equal was public policy and decided for almost 100 years. We ought to decide whether freedom is really something we value.

2012 Libertarian America

No sir.

That's the government's business. Check your constitution.

You pays your taxes. You follows the law. You have equal opportunity to goods and services. And to vote.

That isn't evidence that he did not belong to the GOP. If you have evidence of the fact, post it.

You have no evidence MLK was a Republican. Let' it go.

Apply Reason. His Daddy was. The RNC was the Party that fought against Segregation at the time. In truth, he was more a Stand Alone Guy, in the Political sense. The Black Community had not yet sold out to the DNC, had he lived longer, he would probably have had an impact on that.

I agree. I think he would have seen the danger of 'black people' being used by either or both parties and encouraged blacks not to fall for it.

Again, in his own words:

"I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."

Sounds like an independent thinker to me.

You have no evidence MLK was a Republican. Let' it go.

Apply Reason. His Daddy was. The RNC was the Party that fought against Segregation at the time. In truth, he was more a Stand Alone Guy, in the Political sense. The Black Community had not yet sold out to the DNC, had he lived longer, he would probably have had an impact on that.

I agree. I think he would have seen the danger of 'black people' being used by either or both parties and encouraged blacks not to fall for it.

Again, in his own words:

"I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."

Sounds like an independent thinker to me.

Maybe. Or he lived in a state where they had open primaries! :lol:

Well said, Sir, and worth repeating. Have a great day :)

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

2012 Libertarian America

How profound.....that Dr Paul is quite a guy

Ignore 100 years of injustice but hey......I would do the same thing for a white child

He supports the concept of 'freedom'. The hard part of supporting the concept of freedom is that it means we have to support it for everyone - not just those we agree with.

Am I ok with anyone telling a black child (or any black person) that they cannot use their facilities because they are black? Absolutely not. But I can understand what Ron Paul is standing for... freedom means just that. Freedom. That includes those who hold views that society, rightly, views as abhorrent. The truth of it is that I would prefer to know who those people are.... so that I am free to discriminate against them. That way we really do fight racism. Because we give racists nowhere to hide. It is uncomfortable, and it is hard.... and it is open to idiots using race as a weapon... but that does not mean it is wrong.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Ron Paul.

Dr Paul supports supporting the freedom of a private business to discriminate over the freedom of blacks to have full access to any public accommodation

You can say that you and other citizens would use the free market to punish those who discriminate. 100 years of history between the civil war and the passing of the civil rights bill proves otherwise. People were comfortable with the peculiar institution of segregation. They did not want to make waves and preferred to look the other way
If you want to look at public pressure towards racism. That pressure was used against businesses that opened their facilities to blacks not the other way around

Dr Paul is horribly wrong in his views towards civil rights

It proves nothing. Attitudes change, thank (insert optional deity here). Attitudes have changed - it is meaningless, partisan excuse making to point to the historic views and pretend that is relevant today.

Those attitudes existed for 100 years until they were FORCED to change. They were FORCED to accept blacks in their schools, they were FORCED to allow blacks in their restaurants, they were FORCED to allow blacks to sit next to them on the bus

Once they did they found that the world did not come to an end, that blacks were not as evil as they feared and they rapidly accepted it

Those attitudes changed because they had no choice. It is especially relevant today because it is Martin Luther King Day

Last edited:

Forum List

Back