Drama queens don't appreciate how good we have it.

If things were better depends on how your judging our number of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is reduced but we still have troops in both and at one point we had all of our troops out of Iraq. Terrorism The Bin Laden AQ is reduced but it's still there along with the rise of ISIS and the spin offs of both Syria and Libya are both a mess. Same on the domestic front everyone will find good and bad most of based on which side of the political aisle they stand on I don't view the last eight years as a sign of Americas downfall nor do I see them as sign of a new golden age of prosperity for the nation either. I would view not only the last eight years but sixteen as rather mediocre years for the country.

Yupp! :clap: 16 years is the beginning mark for our divided country. Ever since SCOTUS decided the Bush/Gore election in 2000, the Democraps have since gone on a power rampage putting party before country, that has led up to this day.

If things were better depends on how your judging our number of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is reduced but we still have troops in both and at one point we had all of our troops out of Iraq. Terrorism The Bin Laden AQ is reduced but it's still there along with the rise of ISIS and the spin offs of both Syria and Libya are both a mess. Same on the domestic front everyone will find good and bad most of based on which side of the political aisle they stand on I don't view the last eight years as a sign of Americas downfall nor do I see them as sign of a new golden age of prosperity for the nation either. I would view not only the last eight years but sixteen as rather mediocre years for the country.

Yupp! :clap: 16 years is the beginning mark for our divided country. Ever since SCOTUS decided the Bush/Gore election in 2000, the Democraps have since gone on a power rampage putting party before country, that has led up to this day.
In part, yes.

Whether it's the best of times, worst of times or somewhere in-between just depends on the situation one finds themselves in. For me I'm lucky enough to be content. One thing I find uncomforting though is the pace of the liberal social change. I certainly don't know what to think about all this public bathroom controversy, one way or the other. I do want everybody to have their rights but when being forced fed an agenda from either political wing I do react by resisting and expressing a hold-your-horses attitude. It's like I'm not the type to stand on the street corner and demand you to come to the Lord. I can understand folks backing away and becoming argumentative at that. All I ask is for folks to take a moment and consider the sacrifice Jesus willingly made for you and humankind. So getting back to how good we have it? These days I'm thankful and will try to do better at passing what blessings I've had along to others in need.

geez, there's a constant barrage of "end of days " threads and reporting from all sides .

Chill out pansies ! We live in pretty good times.

There's no warring nations (other than some terror his spots and civil war actions)

There's no real nuke war threat/worries .

Crime is at all time lows ( high profile crime gets overblown) .

Jobs and the Economy is doing ok .

Gas is cheap!

When have things been better ?? Maybe clintons 2nd term, but we were blissfully ignorant at the time .

People look at history wh rose colored glasses and forget hoe shitty things used to be .

ObamaHalo1.jpg

Praise be his Holy Name!

I have noticed nobody has bothered to post better times.

Typical progressive approach. Close your eyes and wish something were true will actually make it true. :eusa_doh:

We have record debt ($19 trillion) that is about to collapse the world economy. We have a record number of people on food stamps. And we have less liberty now than any point in U.S. history.

It could certainly be worse right now. But it is far from good.

1776 - 1859 were exponentially better times. 1980 - 1988 were exponentially better times as well. Indisputable. Happy now?

Typical progressive approach. Close your eyes and wish something were true will actually make it true. :eusa_doh:

We have record debt ($19 trillion) that is about to collapse the world economy. We have a record number of people on food stamps. And we have less liberty now than any point in U.S. history.

It could certainly be worse right now. But it is far from good.
Typical Alt Right approach. Demand a return to a 'golden era' of the 1950s that never existed.

1776 - 1859 were exponentially better times. 1980 - 1988 were exponentially better times as well. Indisputable. Happy now?

Thanks for answering !

80s (Reagan years ) were particularly violent . All the drugs and shit . The Cold War had people scared of nuke war on a daily basis .

Thanks for answering !

80s (Reagan years ) were particularly violent . All the drugs and shit . The Cold War had people scared of nuke war on a daily basis .

The Reagan years were exponentially worse times for America. All the violence and the Cold War, etc.

If things are so good

Guess we can throw out that minimum raise increase talk as pure bullshit? Right?

geez, there's a constant barrage of "end of days " threads and reporting from all sides .

There's no warring nations (other than some terror his spots and civil war actions)

Gas is cheap!

When have things been better ?? Maybe clintons 2nd term, but we were blissfully ignorant at the time .

People look at history wh rose colored glasses and forget hoe shitty things used to be .

Are you fucking high?

That was going to be my point. Crime, especially violent crime, is on the rise in many major cities. Why? Drug use. More specifically, meth.

Democrats keep letting people out of prison, which isn't going to do much for your crime rate claim.
Especially since they are all drug dealers.

Gas is cheap!

Well, they can’t. It would require being truthful. That isn’t going to happen.

Gas is cheap!

1. North Korea and China are rising threats.

2. Russia and The United States of America are still playing proxy war in the Middle East.

3. Gas Prices are lower but don't count on Oil to stay this low.

Final remark:

I don't look at History with Rose Color Glasses but the reality is the Economy along with the State of the World is not as great as you wish and before you even utter I am just being this way because of President Obama, well no and I am this way because the World along with this Country are about to hit hard times, but ignore me because I am insane and if it happens I promise to write I told you so!

Excellent observations- complacency is the catalyst for demise.

Forum List

Back