Drill Baby Drill!!! Another Explosion in Gulf. Oil Is King

Breaking news. People in the water. I hope they are all alright.

another oil rig? safety?

One person injured as oil platform explodes in Gulf off Louisiana -

bad news for a day when Deep Horizon cap being looked at...

BP preparing Gulf of Mexico report - UPI.com

Coast Guard says 13 people accounted for

The only problem? This rig was not in use and therefore was NOT DRILLING.

It also is not leaking any oil into the Gulf.

Rick

edited to add: Now it appears that the early reports of it not leaking were wrong. Also, I've read at a couple of places now that the early reports of this being an unused rig were also incorrect. I guess you can't trust any news sources to get their stories straight before reporting untruths.

note: very simple. :lol: you can't trust your initial bias. :lol:

:eusa_shhh:

Fox just came on with an announcement that there had been an explosion, no real information concerning what the rig was doing.

It was an oil and gas platform not an active well.

it is in 340 feet of water so even if there was any kind of leak it would be easy to stop.

Fox just came on with an announcement that there had been an explosion, no real information concerning what the rig was doing.

it is in 340 feet of water so even if there was any kind of leak it would be easy to stop.

sigh

yet another apology from an ideologue foot soldier.

If shit were brains you'd be in Mensa.

sigh

You are such a fool dude. Learn some facts about it before you go off half cocked claiming we have another disaster on our hands.

How fun it is to see people who call themselves Americans defend foreign oil companies right to blow workers up and spill oil in thre gulf.

How very far the right wingers have sunk into defending the people who fuck us

Yes we're defending foreign oil companies right to blow Americans up and to pollute our water. :cuckoo:

How fun it is to see people who call themselves Americans defend foreign oil companies right to blow workers up and spill oil in thre gulf.

Yes we're defending foreign oil companies right to blow Americans up and to pollute our water. :cuckoo:

Personally I was not defending anyone, or any company. I was simply pointing out this is nothing like the BP spill, and even if it was, it is in 340 feet of water so Capping it would be much easier.

sigh

You are such a fool dude. Learn some facts about it before you go off half cocked claiming we have another disaster on our hands.

I think people in special rescue suits in the Gulf waters while a fire was raging, and the US Coast Guard being dispatched on a rescue mission, qualifies as a disaster.

sigh

I think people in special rescue suits in the Gulf waters while a fire was raging, and the US Coast Guard being dispatched on a rescue mission, qualifies as a disaster.

Ok bad choice of words, My point was it will not be the environmental and economic Disaster that the BP spill was.

All I see her doing is re-framing things like you do whre a Democrat or the President is concerned.

your hypocrisy stinks up USMB so much, people are taking breathers between posts where before they stayed for a while.

:cuckoo:

Ok bad choice of words, My point was it will not be the environmental and economic Disaster that the BP spill was.

D'oh!

sorry about the neg rep (seriously), but you earned it the old fashioned way.

:lol:

All I see her doing is re-framing things like you do whre a Democrat or the President is concerned.

your hypocrisy stinks up USMB so much, people are taking breathers between posts where before they stayed for a while.

Wow one idiot taking up for another idiot, color me shocked!

People have to take breathers huh? Good to know I have that kind of influence.

Now fuck off dickweed!

Personally I was not defending anyone, or any company. I was simply pointing out this is nothing like the BP spill, and even if it was, it is in 340 feet of water so Capping it would be much easier.

You ain't gotta tell me that. I was making fun of truthnevermatters.

D'oh!

LOL you neg reped me over this?

Grow up man. :)

D'oh!

LOL you neg reped me over this?

Grow up man. :)

the neg rep was earned because it was before you back tracked. there is no way to get people to up their games around here so neg rep-ing has become a tool to...:eusa_whistle:

share the neg rep comment and the post that earned it. :lol:

Wow one idiot taking up for another idiot, color me shocked!

People have to take breathers huh? Good to know I have that kind of influence.

Now fuck off dickweed!

go play like you're an Armadillo and looking to be road kill.

Liberals sure got quiet when they learned that this oil platform has't released any hydrocarbons. Fact is this platform hasn't produced any oil since Hurricane Ike and I don't give a rat's ass what the lamestream media says.

Maybe once again we will find out that the Obama Administration did not actually preform the inspections required like on the last one.

FYI:

Not all industries are created equal

...according to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics(BLS)’s 2005 figures on the most dangerous occupations in America.

The sickest

We expect health care workers to get sick from their jobs more often than the rest of us, and in fact, they do - representing 19 percent of almost 250,000 new occupational illnesses recorded in the United States in 2005.

Aside from health care, occupational illness also ranked high in these industries:
  • Light truck and utility vehicle manufacturing: 701.5 illnesses per 10,000 workers
  • Animal slaughtering: 478.8 illnesses per 10,000 workers
  • Automotive manufacturing: 320.6 illnesses per 10,000 workers
  • Cut stock, resawing lumber and planning: 276.4 illnesses per 10,000 workers
  • Motor vehicle air-conditioning manufacturing: 235 illnesses per 10,000 workers
The most accident-prone

When it comes to injuries, the manufacturing sector reported 39 percent of the total in 2005. That broke down as follows:
  • Beet sugar manufacturing: 16.6 injuries per 100 workers
  • Truck trailer manufacturing: 15.7 injuries per 100 workers
  • Iron foundries: 15.2 injuries per 100 workers
  • Prefabricated-wood building manufacturing: 13.9 injuries per 100 workers
  • Framing contractors: 13.3 injuries per 100 workers
The deadliest

Despite the much lower likelihood of people being killed on the job compared to getting sick or hurt at work, there are definitely certain industries that are deadlier than others!

Those high-risk industries are shown here in descending order, starting with the most deadly sectors in the United States:
  • Fishing:

• 118.4 dead per 100,000 workers
    Average annual salary: $29,000
    [*]Logging:

92.9 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $31,290
    [*]Aircraft pilots and flight engineers:

66.9 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $135,040
    [*]Structural iron and steel work:

55.6 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $43,540
    [*]Refuse and recyclable material collectors:

43.8 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $30,160
    [*]Farmers and ranchers:

41.1 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $39,720
    [*]Electrical power-line installers and repairers:

32.7 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $49,200
    [*]Truck drivers:

29.1 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $35,460 (for heavy or tractor-trailer drivers)
    [*]Miscellaneous agricultural workers:

23.2 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $24,140
    [*]Construction laborers:

22.7 dead per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $29,050

source

Note that among the most dangerous industries, the OIL indistry isn't even mentioned?

Forum List

Back