Drones - its a method - who cares?

You point out what is wrong with the drone program, we are more or less killing them all and letting God sort them out. What is happening is some device is being placed to target the victim. We pay for these to be placed so there is reason to place them anywhere as has been admitted, in the Huffington Post no less. So I am thinking if I don't like someone, like they are an American, I place a tracking device and poof they are gone.

Murder? Maybe not. Manslaughter, maybe. Negligent homicide? Definitely. Now if this had occurred in Afghanistan maybe we could use the war zone argument, but Yemen? By reports Yemen has been clearing out Al Quada without our help. They now hate us for the drone and Pakistan has had a court hearing that has ruled the US is guilty of war crimes.

And NO this did not happen during Bush. Some drone strikes but not of this magnitude.

Bush's military killed Zarqawi with 500 lb bombs that also killed his wife and kid. Why aren't you accusing Bush of murder?

HA!!! You expose the left's hypocrisy so well. YOUR side did call Bush a baby killer and a war criminal. Now, you got you blood lust up.

So you agree with those people? Bush did murder Zarqawi's child?

I called Bush an idiot for invading Iraq...the war YOU supported.

You point out what is wrong with the drone program, we are more or less killing them all and letting God sort them out. What is happening is some device is being placed to target the victim. We pay for these to be placed so there is reason to place them anywhere as has been admitted, in the Huffington Post no less. So I am thinking if I don't like someone, like they are an American, I place a tracking device and poof they are gone.

Murder? Maybe not. Manslaughter, maybe. Negligent homicide? Definitely. Now if this had occurred in Afghanistan maybe we could use the war zone argument, but Yemen? By reports Yemen has been clearing out Al Quada without our help. They now hate us for the drone and Pakistan has had a court hearing that has ruled the US is guilty of war crimes.

And NO this did not happen during Bush. Some drone strikes but not of this magnitude.

Bush's military killed Zarqawi with 500 lb bombs that also killed his wife and kid. Why aren't you accusing Bush of murder?

This is the man you compare to a 16 year old boy. This guy was actually killed in a war zone.:

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (Arabic: أبومصعب الزرقاوي*, ’Abū Muṣ‘ab az-Zarqāwī, Abu Musab from Zarqa); October 30, 1966 – June 7, 2006), born Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh (Arabic: أحمد فضيل النزال الخلايله*, ’Aḥmad Faḍīl an-Nazāl al-Ḫalāyla) was a Jordanian militant Islamist who ran a paramilitary training camp in Afghanistan. He became known after going to Iraq and being responsible for a series of bombings, beheadings, and attacks during the Iraq War.

What part of also killed his wife and kid don't you understand?

According to your previous statements, since he was in proximity to a child, he was entitled to 'safe haven' status.

Obama sends his drone to kill kids in Pock-ee-staan while his mindless drones defend him on USMB

Gibbs is right. The parent made a bad choice, placed the child with enemies of America, and the child paid a horrible price for the parent's bad choices.

Oh, any further talk about lack of due process, etc., merely witnesses that the person talking such has not a clue how the law works or how military operations work.

This is the point. He was a boy in a war zone "who snuck out of his family's home in the early morning hours of September 4, 2011, to try to find [his father]."

The boy should not have been in a war zone. Those who placed him there are responsible, not the USA.

What war zone? If you are saying the entire world is a war zone then yes. If you are saying anywhere a brown skinned people live then I think you wrong. If you are saying Yemen then tell us when that became a war zone.

You are full of nonsense. The drones go where the terrorists go. The family is at fault, not the USA for taking out our enemies.

Obama sends his drone to kill kids in Pock-ee-staan while his mindless drones defend him on USMB
Heck, Shrub would've used 'em more himself if he'd had a larger inventory at the time.

And, come to think of it, if Shrub would have allowed us to concentrate on al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan, rather than taking our eye off the ball in order to finish Daddy's war (Iraq), we would not be doing this in Pakistan now... dealing with the fallout of bad choices made during the Bush II Administration...

And, come to think of it, if Shrub had stopped al-Qaeda at Tora-Bora and parked a few mountain-battalions in the passes between the two countries, those al-Qaeda and Taliban scum would not have escaped to Pakistan, and we would not be doing this in Pakistan now... dealing with the fallout of bad choices made during the Bush II Administration...

( and this coming from someone who [reluctantly] voted for Shrub himself as the lesser of two bad choices )

Last edited:
If Bush had stayed out of Iraq and concentrated on Afghanistan with spec ops, helicopeter units, merc, and drones, the terrorists would have been smashed for a generation, our economy would not have ruptured, and he would have had a much greater legacy than now and in the future.

If Bush had stayed out of Iraq and concentrated on Afghanistan with spec ops, helicopeter units, merc, and drones, the terrorists would have been smashed for a generation, our economy would not have ruptured, and he would have had a much greater legacy than now and in the future.
777-full.jpg

The Killed-at-16 Transparency Test: Obama Owes Us Answers About This Dead American
What is the White House hiding about the demise of a boy they say they didn't target but admit to blowing up?

little%20awlaki.png

The Killed-at-16 Transparency Test: Obama Owes Us Answers About This Dead American - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

My gosh he looks like a terrorist that needs to be taken out. And yes they did target him.

Reminds me of the cute HS pictures of the younger Boston Bomber :eek:

The Killed-at-16 Transparency Test: Obama Owes Us Answers About This Dead American
What is the White House hiding about the demise of a boy they say they didn't target but admit to blowing up?

little%20awlaki.png

The Killed-at-16 Transparency Test: Obama Owes Us Answers About This Dead American - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

My gosh he looks like a terrorist that needs to be taken out. And yes they did target him.

No sympathy at all, how sad. The difference is that in this picture the boy looks 16 or so. Take a lot of denial to compare the two, the only commonality is they are probably Muslim.

Drones - its a method - who cares?

If its illegal and/or morally wrong to kill someone - then its illegal and/or morally wrong to kil them. It doesn't matter how they were killed, does it?

On the other hand - if its legal and/or morally right to kill someone - such as legitimate military targets - then why is it wrong to use a method which places U.S. servicemen at a minimal risk?

Seems to me that the same folks who were fine with us setting Baghdad on fire using smart bombs and - at the same time - placing U.S. pilots at risk - are against using unmanned aircraft to conduct more surgical strikes of military targets. Do you guys want U.S. servicemen to die, or do you just hate Obama?

I think their Obama Derangement Syndrome aside, there is something unnerving about drones.

The notion of machines that can go out and kill people? It's kind of the stuff of dystopian nightmares.

Do you have the same feeling about cruise missiles?

Obama had his surge and the result was his admitting failure. Bush won in Afghanistan the Taliban was removed and a democracy in place. Obama came in and had his surge and the result is more US deaths in 4 years then in 7 under Bush. Only a true democrat operative could find some way to blame Obama's admitted failure in Afghanistan on Bush.

Heck, Shrub would've used 'em more himself if he'd had a larger inventory at the time.

And, come to think of it, if Shrub would have allowed us to concentrate on al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan, rather than taking our eye off the ball in order to finish Daddy's war (Iraq), we would not be doing this in Pakistan now... dealing with the fallout of bad choices made during the Bush II Administration...

And, come to think of it, if Shrub had stopped al-Qaeda at Tora-Bora and parked a few mountain-battalions in the passes between the two countries, those al-Qaeda and Taliban scum would not have escaped to Pakistan, and we would not be doing this in Pakistan now... dealing with the fallout of bad choices made during the Bush II Administration...

( and this coming from someone who [reluctantly] voted for Shrub himself as the lesser of two bad choices )

Too bad you weren't there to help or were one of those you would have dropped into the mountain pass. As I remember the fighting at Tora Bora was intense and is where I still believe OBL died. What is being done now is Tora Bora is being used for every excuse for every terror attack.

This is the man you compare to a 16 year old boy. This guy was actually killed in a war zone.:

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (Arabic: أبومصعب الزرقاوي*, ’Abū Muṣ‘ab az-Zarqāwī, Abu Musab from Zarqa); October 30, 1966 – June 7, 2006), born Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh (Arabic: أحمد فضيل النزال الخلايله*, ’Aḥmad Faḍīl an-Nazāl al-Ḫalāyla) was a Jordanian militant Islamist who ran a paramilitary training camp in Afghanistan. He became known after going to Iraq and being responsible for a series of bombings, beheadings, and attacks during the Iraq War.

This is still in effect.

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The left sure has done an about face from the days of crapping themselves because they thought Cheney & Bush were reading their mail.... now we have drones taking people out right and left.. .meh, no biggie. It's just a method.

Only a true democrat operative could find some way to blame Obama's admitted failure in Afghanistan on Bush.
Your nonsense was correctly answered above. Only a true friend of the jihadists could argue as you do.

The left sure has done an about face from the days of crapping themselves because they thought Cheney & Bush were reading their mail.... now we have drones taking people out right and left.. .meh, no biggie. It's just a method.

No more than cruise missiles, gun ships, air to ground missiles, B52, and so on.

It's technology that works with little risk to American lives, but you don't care.

No sympathy at all, how sad. The difference is that in this picture the boy looks 16 or so. Take a lot of denial to compare the two, the only commonality is they are probably Muslim.

Nice poll vault. Are you saying that the Younger Boston Bomber didn't look as innocent as this lad in the HS photos that were shown?

If he was the target of the drone then it was murder. Where is your proof that he was ever on the US kill list?

Freewill is flatly an AINO, no friend of Americans at all but only an apologists for jihadists.

You notice with the Dear Leader the liberal-left all of sudden doesn't care about anything?

Benghazi, Irs targeting American citizens for their politics, snooping on reporters without any reasons, suing state after state, raiding businesses and hauling them before Congress, and the they don't care goes on and on

with Bush they cared about EVERYTHING

I notice that with Cons, the very things that they were fine with when Bush was president are now just horrible because Obama is president. Drone strikes, killing terrorists, the police surveillance state they put in place... the list is endless.

Forum List

Back