Drought-ravaged California orders record water cuts on farmers

IronFist

May 26, 2015
Drought-ravaged California orders record water cuts on farmers US news The Guardian
Poor California is dying out because of the drought. Is it possible to supply more water there? God damn, California is on the West coast, there is an ocean there. Why not to spend some money to desalinate the ocean water since there will be droughts in future? There must be a way out, it can't last forever. Or is it like no one cares about the farmers, their losses and constant water cuts?

Even in drought California has more water then you can shake a stick at. They just plain old use to much of the stuff.

It might help if they prayed just little. I doubt that the California government can cause it to rain.

I love people from outside our state who know so much about our water issues.
The only reason some of us are concerned is that if you run out of water many of you might relocate............and we don't want you here.....................we would like you to be able to stay there.....................

They have been trying to build the desalination plants there............but for over a decade the Green Machine has fought them in the courts....................until recently when they are rationing water............................

Umm............we are out of water.............OKAY YOU CAN BUILD IT NOW......................

I'd say the people leading your state have a case of wrong prioities.............and threw away stimulus money away on WANTS INSTEAD OF NEEDS.

I love people from outside our state who know so much about our water issues.

I love the people in your state who don't know how to manage your water issues....but the will divert water to save the delta smelt....as farmland goes dry........

They use water they don't have on agriculture, and their cities keep growing in population too.

This water crisis is only the beginning of the consequences of inaction on infrastructure, and poor water use.

While it isn't as life threatening, this reminds me of New Orleans spending all their money on a new stadium instead of levees, and being trashed by Katrina as a result of neglect and failure to plan.

19 trillion in debt. couldnt we have spent even one trillion to dig out a lake? hey, jobs for illegals!

just wow what their government is doing to that state. and now to their food production.

just wow what their government is doing to that state. and now to their food production.
12 gallons to grow one walnut?

then they should move out. let them run all their business out of state
and to think that about 55 per cent of California votes for water shortages. Dumbest state out of the 57? well tied for new york.
I pretty much have little compassion for those in California, they are now getting what their liberal do good backsides have been voting for.
hey, I know what should ease the water shortage, how about bringing in a few more million illegals. That should help. Over population in the cities always helps.

i will be looking forward to the day when a top story is "Thousands Of Los Angeles Residents Woke Up Today With No Running Toilets"

Forum List

Back