Drought-ravaged California orders record water cuts on farmers

Get the fuckin' illegals out of your state. Problem partially solved. To complete it, start voting for conservatives to run your state.

any bets on they will be CUTTING out water for these?

Like I said earlier in this thread. Even in record drought conditions, California has more water then you shake a stick at. It's all about how you use it and where. There's no need for desalination. None whatsoever.

Could you post your data on this. Thanks.

What data is that ?

Is English your second language?

el-nino-smaller.gif

Drought relief at last New signs point to strengthening El Ni o - LA Times

Patzert said the increasingly warm temperatures in the Pacific Ocean along the equator this year were a reminder of conditions back in the spring of 1997, the prelude to a record El Niño year that brought heavy rains to California.

To California weather watchers, the winter of 1997-98 is significant because it brought widespread flooding and mudslides, causing more than half a billion dollars in damage and causing 17 deaths. Downtown L.A. got nearly a year’s worth of rain in the month of February.

“This looks like the real deal, and something that might replicate the famous 1997-98 El Niño. This is as close as we’ve come,” said Patzert, of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in La Cañada Flintridge.

He and others are quick to warn that this El Niño could fade before the winter rainy season begins, which would do California little good.

“Should it become a strong event, that tilts the odds more in favor. But until it’s actually raining or snowing, nothing is actually guaranteed,” said Mike Halpert, deputy director of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center in Maryland. “It’s not quite time to buy the ark yet.”
tumblr_n4j644hB3a1qcluu2o3_250.gif

Like I said earlier in this thread. Even in record drought conditions, California has more water then you shake a stick at. It's all about how you use it and where. There's no need for desalination. None whatsoever.

What data is that ?

Answer the question.

Drought-ravaged California orders record water cuts on farmers US news The Guardian
Poor California is dying out because of the drought. Is it possible to supply more water there? God damn, California is on the West coast, there is an ocean there. Why not to spend some money to desalinate the ocean water since there will be droughts in future? There must be a way out, it can't last forever. Or is it like no one cares about the farmers, their losses and constant water cuts?
Mr. H hates the farmer...

California's drought solution is readily apparent.

Cease growing just almonds in the state.

Almonds use more water to grow to harvest than anything else. Something like 1 gallon of water PER idnividual almond. That's absurd.

Figures show that compared to the total water used by SF and LA per year compared to 1 year's worth of almond growing, you could provide those two cities water needs for about 3 years if you diverted the water going to almonds.

I like almonds and especially almond milk too, but I like water for showering, cooking, and drinking even more :)

What data is that ?

Answer the question.

Fuck off, troll.

California's drought solution is readily apparent.

Cease growing just almonds in the state.

Almonds use more water to grow to harvest than anything else. Something like 1 gallon of water PER idnividual almond. That's absurd.

Figures show that compared to the total water used by SF and LA per year compared to 1 year's worth of almond growing, you could provide those two cities water needs for about 3 years if you diverted the water going to almonds.

I like almonds and especially almond milk too, but I like water for showering, cooking, and drinking even more :)

Now we have comments starting to make sense.
Even in drought they have gobs of water. How they use/waste it is where they get in trouble

What data is that ?

Answer the question.

Fuck off, troll.

There's no need to bully me.

Drought-ravaged California orders record water cuts on farmers US news The Guardian
Poor California is dying out because of the drought. Is it possible to supply more water there? God damn, California is on the West coast, there is an ocean there. Why not to spend some money to desalinate the ocean water since there will be droughts in future? There must be a way out, it can't last forever. Or is it like no one cares about the farmers, their losses and constant water cuts?

Go get the facts, then post a thread. First, read this:

http://gov.ca.gov/docs/4.1.15_Executive_Order.pdf

Then this:

We put in a drip system for all of our landscape except the the front and back lawns over a decade ago. Since the Governors EO we have begun to save the water used in our low water use Washing Machine to flush toilets and water plants in containers; we have killed our front lawn, put in a dry creek which drains our gutters when it does rain, putting rain water into the aquafer and not the storm drain, and have covered the dead lawn with cardboard covered with 4 inches of mulch. In the fall we'll plant this area with native plants and bushes.

See: http://giannini.ucop.edu/media/are-update/files/articles/v12n6_3.pdf

I've driven hwy 5 several dozen times through the Central Valley (Sacramento to the Grapevine) and during the summer months watched how the farms on both side of 5 watered their fields. Keep in mind, in day time it is usually 90 degrees everyday and in the middle of a summer day large sprinklers cascade water into the air. A drip system would save water.

Also, the CA Aquaduct (see photos here: ca aqueduct - Google Search is open to the sun, and water taken form the Delta (fed by the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers and tributories) loses much due to evaporation.

Some water savings can be found in residential use but I have to question any claims involving savings by minimizing evaporation, a natural process that exists even when liquid is fully contained. Cost versus benefit.

The big time savings as mentioned earlier in this thread must come from industry. And there's no need for those savings to be ruinous.

Some water savings can be found in residential use but I have to question any claims involving savings by minimizing evaporation, a natural process that exists even when liquid is fully contained. Cost versus benefit.

The big time savings as mentioned earlier in this thread must come from industry. And there's no need for those savings to be ruinous.

In the West, "Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting."
Mark Twain?

In the West, "Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting."
Mark Twain?

The obvious lack of water out west did not go unnoticed by mark twain during his travels.
And for most people growing up here in the west, we had to wonder at the waste of that water on something as unnecessary as a golf course that looked nothing at all like the surrounding landscape.

Get the fuckin' illegals out of your state. Problem partially solved. To complete it, start voting for conservatives to run your state.

Even if you ran em all of the water savings wouldn't amount to diddly squat compared to total usage.

Answer the question.

Fuck off, troll.

Do you need a tissue, crybaby?

Of course not. I posed a legit question to which you not only refused to answer, you got all mean & nasty about it to boot.

Quit crying. If you can't read don't blame me.

Answer the question.

Fuck off, troll.

Do you need a tissue, crybaby?

Of course not. I posed a legit question to which you not only refused to answer, you got all mean & nasty about it to boot.

Quit crying. If you can't read don't blame me.

Yet another bullshit assumption on your part.

Forum List

Back