Drudge Flashing Siren Is Up: DNC Sues Trump, Wikileaks, And Russia Over Loss Of 2016 Election

i'm certain they are well aware of that, and have no fears.... copies of their hard drive were already given to the FBI when the cyber security company handed over their results....to the FBI....
Without the original server there would be no way to prove it was hacked let alone by whom.
not true....although they would love to have it, Comey testified it was good enough to determine the Russians did hack it.... but in discovery, they can get the original....

They are obligated to allow opposing party to examine the best evidence, which is the actual server
by now they probably replaced the hard drives.
I think the Cyber security firm they hired has the original....
Then they are obstructing?

i'm certain they are well aware of that, and have no fears.... copies of their hard drive were already given to the FBI when the cyber security company handed over their results....to the FBI....
Without the original server there would be no way to prove it was hacked let alone by whom.
not true....although they would love to have it, Comey testified it was good enough to determine the Russians did hack it.... but in discovery, they can get the original....

They are obligated to allow opposing party to examine the best evidence, which is the actual server
by now they probably replaced the hard drives.
And if they changed the hard drives that would be obstruction. Oops

Discovery of the server is limited to the party that can use it as exculpatory evidence, which in this case are the Rusians and the GRU. One party can't invoke discovery on behalf of another party.

The writer who sued Trump couldn't ask him about his taxes, but the bank Trump sued was entitled to his finances.

It will be hilarious when the DNC has to turn over everything they have on their computers to Trump's campaign lawyers during 'discovery'.
Dear GOD the DEMs are so fucking stupid it's stunning to watch.
Maybe the DNC will take a sledgehammer to the computers, like Hillary did.
You hve no clue how discovery owrks do you? It's limited to matters germane to the charges in the case. And unless the contents of the server are exculpatory to the conspiracy, it's non discoverable.

So what is the argument that the server will prove they didn't conspire with the russians?
Whatever is on the DNC hard drives is subject to discovery. The DNC can't claim there's nothing exculpatory on the hard drives. That's for the judge to decide.
Ironic post pal: "You hve no clue how discovery owrks do you?"
Maybe you need to take a walk or something.

It will be hilarious when the DNC has to turn over everything they have on their computers to Trump's campaign lawyers during 'discovery'.
You hve no clue how discovery owrks do you? It's limited to matters germane to the charges in the case. And unless the contents of the server are exculpatory to the conspiracy, it's non discoverable.

So what is the argument that the server will prove they didn't conspire with the russians?
Whatever is on the DNC hard drives is subject to discovery. The DNC can't claim there's nothing exculpatory on the hard drives. That's for the judge to decide.
Ironic post pal: "You hve no clue how discovery owrks do you?"
Maybe you need to take a walk or something.

No it’s not. Because what is on the server isn’t evidence. The DNC has no need to prove who hacked their server.

The evidence for this case is posted on WikiLeaks. The hacking isn’t at issue. The Dutch security service has evidence the Russians did it. Gucifer admitted he did it. WikiLeaks published the stolen emails.

There is absolutely no legal reason whatsoever for anyone to examine the DNC server. That’s just a right wing wet dream.

But nice try.

Poor Trump... his flailing is unbecoming....
You have physical evidence of a crime that is held by any federal agency? As the DNC refused the federal government agencies access to document the damage and track it you got nothin... talk about stupid people.....
Hide and watch, genius! Patience is a virtue!
Considering the score is currently:
Billy_Bob 19
Care4all 0

I have plenty of patience... You guys not so much..
I've been here 11 years, I ain't going anywhere, and will respectfully eat cake, take a whipping, if I am wrong about all of this....
Sort of like when you were wrong with your predictions about the Trayvon Martin case and the 'Big Mike' case?
You're ALWAYS on the losing side dear. You ought to ask yourself why that is.
How about reposting all your 'predictions' about Trump when he announced he was running for the Presidency?
I still do not think Zimmerman should have killed Trayvon, Trayvon did not deserve to die.

And the same with big Mike, he didn't deserve to die....

Neither should have been killed for their deeds, and I stand by that....

And from the moment Trump came down that golden escalator and gave his first official speech, and all the things he said and did afterwards, he was NOT FIT to serve us in the oval office.... regardless of who his opponents were in the primary or the election, or what things he proposed that I liked.

but the one thing that I could never accept, is if he aided and abetted the Russian govt in the interference they caused in our election process. It's cheating....and cheaters should never be held high and rewarded, as winners.

My son, 7, just called the DNC stupid. “You can’t punish someone for telling the truth. That is so stupid! Only bad guys do that!” My woke child is cooler than whiny democrat’s woke children.

Whatever is on the DNC hard drives is subject to discovery. The DNC can't claim there's nothing exculpatory on the hard drives. That's for the judge to decide..

THey have to make a case that whats on the hard drives will provide them with a defense. The judge will not allow a fishing expedition, especially on something containing confidential material.

Second, what they allege might be on the drives has nothing to do with the conspiracy charge, would only be discoverable by the party claimed to have broken into the saerver, which in this case are the russians and the GRU, who would be entitled to that discovery. The RNC has no right to the server, the same way as Stormy Daniels lawyers doesn't have the right to Trumps taxes.

There is absolutely no legal reason whatsoever for anyone to examine the DNC server. That’s just a right wing wet dream.

But nice try.

Actually the GRU has discovery rights on the server, since they're charged with breeching it. But I doubt the GRU will subject themselves to the jurisdiction of the US federal courts, in order to evoke that right.

My son, 7, just called the DNC stupid. “You can’t punish someone for telling the truth. That is so stupid! Only bad guys do that!” My woke child is cooler than whiny democrat’s woke children.

So you son thinks spies, and leakers of classified information should not be punished? Again, they are only telling the truth, why punish them.
Benedict Arnold, the Rosenbergs, Robert Hansen, none of them should have been punished.

Let your child remain in his child world, but he will be shocked when he grows up.

The DNC lawsuit may be a trap for the russians. The only one's entitled to discovery of the DNC server are the russins the the GRU. The same one's charged in the Mueller indictment.
In order to carry out discovery, they have to enter US court jurisdiction, upon which they are immediately subject to arrest under the indictment.

So tell the RNC et al, if they want the server, they have to give Mueller the russians.

The DNC has every right to seek damages. From the OP:

After the 2016 hack, the DNC spent millions to replace IT equipment, hire outside cybersecurity consultants and otherwise clean up the damage. Beyond the financial cost, the publication of the hacked emails forced the party’s chairwoman to resign, infuriated donors, traumatized staffers and contributed to the party’s loss of the White House.

Losing a fair election is not cause for damages

Which is why I wish Bernie would sue the DNC for fixing the primaries that cheated Bernie out of the nomination. That was NOT losing a fair election.
Bernie signed an NDA and got a million dollar mansion for it... This is my take on why he vanished and then supported Hillary.

Rule 26. Duty to Disclose; General Provisions Governing Discovery

(B) Specific Limitations on Electronically Stored Information. A party need not provide discovery of electronically stored information from sources that the party identifies as not reasonably accessible because of undue burden or cost. On motion to compel discovery or for a protective order, the party from whom discovery is sought must show that the information is not reasonably accessible because of undue burden or cost. If that showing is made, the court may nonetheless order discovery from such sources if the requesting party shows good cause, considering the limitations of Rule 26(b)(2)(C). The court may specify conditions for the discovery.

The RNC would need to show "good cause" of what's on the server to be germane to the claims against them.

The Russians have "good cause" since they're accused of having broken into it.

Ironically, for the RNC to collude with the russians in mounting such a defense would only help prove the previous conspiracy.

LOL

Moron...

They want damages for the server hack, that they can not show happened. Every single thing those idiots want from the Republicans can be sought for from the dim wits.. The discovery door swings both ways dumb ass..

Rule 26. Duty to Disclose; General Provisions Governing Discovery

(B) Specific Limitations on Electronically Stored Information. A party need not provide discovery of electronically stored information from sources that the party identifies as not reasonably accessible because of undue burden or cost. On motion to compel discovery or for a protective order, the party from whom discovery is sought must show that the information is not reasonably accessible because of undue burden or cost. If that showing is made, the court may nonetheless order discovery from such sources if the requesting party shows good cause, considering the limitations of Rule 26(b)(2)(C). The court may specify conditions for the discovery.

The RNC would need to show "good cause" of what's on the server to be germane to the claims against them.

The Russians have "good cause" since they're accused of having broken into it.

Ironically, for the RNC to collude with the russians in mounting such a defense would only help prove the previous conspiracy.
HOw can they be given classified information? Democrat morons.. I believe the FIB/CIA/NSA/State Department/ and the President will have a say in any discovery for the Russian Government. Trying to create an illusion of collusion with Russia by doing this wont end well for you fools..

This is nothing more than a Dog And Pony show by democrats trying to create the illusion of collusion. Watch the Judge throw this out next week.

Moron...

They want damages for the server hack, that they can not show happened. Every single thing those idiots want from the Republicans can be sought for from the dim wits.. The discovery door swings both ways dumb ass..

They are seeking damages from the RNC et al, for release of the information. They are holding the russians alone responsible for the hack as a predicate crime. They don't need to show how the russians got the e-mails, only that they came into possession of them. The russians could of course defend by showing how they legally obtained them, but they would have to enter US jurisdiction in order to make that showing.

HOw can they be given classified information? Democrat morons.. I believe the FIB/CIA/NSA/State Department/ and the President will have a say in any discovery for the Russian Government. Trying to create an illusion of collusion with Russia by doing this wont end well for you fools...

They can give it in redacted form, where the sources and methods are left out, but the conclusions remain. In a 4th amendment motion the GRU would need to provide or acquire counsel with the clearance to view and argue the points under seal.

Moron...

They are seeking damages from the RNC et al, for release of the information. They are holding the russians alone responsible for the hack as a predicate crime. They don't need to show how the russians got the e-mails, only that they came into possession of them. The russians could of course defend by showing how they legally obtained them, but they would have to enter US jurisdiction in order to make that showing.

HOw can they be given classified information? Democrat morons.. I believe the FIB/CIA/NSA/State Department/ and the President will have a say in any discovery for the Russian Government. Trying to create an illusion of collusion with Russia by doing this wont end well for you fools...

They can give it in redacted form, where the sources and methods are left out, but the conclusions remain. In a 4th amendment motion the GRU would need to provide or acquire counsel with the clearance to view and argue the points under seal.

Good Luck..

This is a Dog And Pony Show...

Its meant to create the Illusion of collusion by naming them as partners in a hack of the DNC that they refused to have the proper authorities investigate.

After reading the whole 88 pages of the filing, the court is going to toss this in short order.

Its meant to create the Illusion of collusion by naming them as partners in a hack of the DNC that they refused to have the proper authorities investigate.

After reading the whole 88 pages of the filing, the court is going to toss this in short order.

As this is a case against multiple defendants, the court can not "toss the whole thing". It can only act under motion of individual parties to sever or dismiss the claim against them.

Forum List

Back