Drunk teenager shoots at someone who could shoot back...and was a good shot...big mistake...

Respectfully, I think both you (Ernie), Brain, and (maybe?) Stephanie should alter your perspective on this.

1) No matter what, celebrating someone who is in critical condition and wanting the person to die is wrong. Callous at best.

2) People have a right to be armed, and no, the victim doesn't have to walk away or obey the words of a drunken punk.

3) I think the victim was in the right to defend himself, but I'm not rejoicing or cheering for the guy who attacked him to die. Gotta keep it within reason, or else you slide to one extreme or the other.

I agree with you. Though on point 2 I would just say it is typically better to walk away. But as you say the victim doesn't have to walk away.

Walk away? Nah...I might run..... for cover that is,assuming it's close enough.
I'd much rather drop the turd from behind a telephone pole.
Even a drunk guy might get lucky.

Doesn't really require any luck. Guns are very easy, point and shoot. Just about anyone can do it and be very deadly.

Just that easy huh? :blahblah:

Yes it is not hard to aim and pull a trigger. Don't kid yourself that it isn't. We are talking very short range shooting, it's easy.

Respectfully, I think both you (Ernie), Brain, and (maybe?) Stephanie should alter your perspective on this.

1) No matter what, celebrating someone who is in critical condition and wanting the person to die is wrong. Callous at best.

2) People have a right to be armed, and no, the victim doesn't have to walk away or obey the words of a drunken punk.

3) I think the victim was in the right to defend himself, but I'm not rejoicing or cheering for the guy who attacked him to die. Gotta keep it within reason, or else you slide to one extreme or the other.

I don't care what you think. Not one bit.

Some of us good people in society.... are sick and tired of being victimized by criminals, and having trash like you, defend the criminals doing the abusing.

Quite frankly if he died, and everyone like you died... this nation would be a wonderful place to live again.

What a sick man you are.

You want me dead, because I don't think it's right to cheer for the deaths of others?

No one defended or excused the criminal's actions. You invented that.

So not only are you ignorant, you're sick. Good luck.

CRIMINALS.....

I don't want anyone to die. Here's a thought.... don't murder.... don't rape.... do violate the law.... in this case, don't pull a gun on someone.

This man pulled a lethal weapon on an innocent civilian. He is as close to a murderer as possible without succeeding. When you want people like that to not die.... you support murders.

When a criminal supporter like you, calls me sick.... I know I have the right idea. Anything that pisses off people who support criminals, is a plus in my book. Yes, you should die. All criminal supporters should die.

It used to be that if you were caught in the company of criminals, you hanged with them. We should go back to that.

Except no one is supporting or defending criminals.

Where the hell are you getting that? What the hell is wrong with you, man?

No one's saying that. Point it out. Quote it. Now.

I agree with you. Though on point 2 I would just say it is typically better to walk away. But as you say the victim doesn't have to walk away.

Doesn't really require any luck. Guns are very easy, point and shoot. Just about anyone can do it and be very deadly.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

When I got my CCW, there was this 5 foot tall chick there. (I only remember her because she was super short, and the gun was bigger than both her hands put together) She'd never fired anything before in her life. Never. She said that very openly. The first time she ever held a gun, was at the firing range at the CCW class.

She nailed a target at 50 feet, dead center, in two shots. The first was 3rd ring out, on the target.

Never fired a gun before in her life.

The first time I fired a .357 Magnum, I nailed the target with all 6 shots. I think I was 14 at the time. I would estimate the target was 30 feet.

So yes, it is just that easy. Point...... shoot..... Hard concepts. Ph.D required, with military training, and ......... no.... just point and shoot.

Yes it is not hard to aim and pull a trigger. Don't kid yourself that it isn't. We are talking very short range shooting, it's easy.

Well how close were they brain?
And do you really think it's going to be easy to stand and shoot at someone while bullets are whizzing by your head?
Oh wait...your going to be shucken and diving all the while putting down accurate return fire....forgot you were rambo.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

When I got my CCW, there was this 5 foot tall chick there. (I only remember her because she was super short, and the gun was bigger than both her hands put together) She'd never fired anything before in her life. Never. She said that very openly. The first time she ever held a gun, was at the firing range at the CCW class.

She nailed a target at 50 feet, dead center, in two shots. The first was 3rd ring out, on the target.

The first time I fired a .357 Magnum, I nailed the target with all 6 shots. I think I was 14 at the time. I would estimate the target was 30 feet.

So yes, it is just that easy. Point...... shoot..... Hard concepts. Ph.D required, with military training, and ......... no.... just point and shoot.

So how many people were shooting at her while she was getting her CHL?

Some of us good people in society.... are sick and tired of being victimized by criminals, and having trash like you, defend the criminals doing the abusing.

Quite frankly if he died, and everyone like you died... this nation would be a wonderful place to live again.

What a sick man you are.

You want me dead, because I don't think it's right to cheer for the deaths of others?

CRIMINALS.....

I don't want anyone to die. Here's a thought.... don't murder.... don't rape.... do violate the law.... in this case, don't pull a gun on someone.

This man pulled a lethal weapon on an innocent civilian. He is as close to a murderer as possible without succeeding. When you want people like that to not die.... you support murders.

When a criminal supporter like you, calls me sick.... I know I have the right idea. Anything that pisses off people who support criminals, is a plus in my book. Yes, you should die. All criminal supporters should die.

It used to be that if you were caught in the company of criminals, you hanged with them. We should go back to that.

That scum bag was a criminal. You said you don't want him to die. If that scum bag lives, he'll spend a bit of time in jail, and be back on the street, and next time he'll kill someone.

As far as I'm concerned, that makes you a supporter of criminals.

What a sick man you are.

CRIMINALS.....

That scum bag was a criminal. You said you don't want him to die. If that scum bag lives, he'll spend a bit of time in jail, and be back on the street, and next time he'll kill someone.

So show I'm wrong, using logic.

So because I don't want all criminals to die, that must mean I support criminals?

So because I don't want all republicans to die, that must mean I support republicans?

So because I don't want all liberals to die, that must mean I support liberals?

You run your big mouth a lot.

Let's see you use your brain.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

That makes no difference.

They did a research test, where they gave people paint ball guns. None were trained on how to use the guns.

They staged it so that a person in the large auditorium would pull out a weapons, and attack the crowd..... but get this.... this attacker knew who in the crowd was armed, and would target them.

All four of the people who had concealed guns, were able to react to the attack, even while being shot at, and return fire.

You people.........

Seriously. No matter how bonkers the idea is, you'll find some reason to think "oh they'll freeze up and die instantly!" come on.

No don't get me wrong, one of the four people, was shot before they fired at the attacker.

But... that still doesn't matter. What's your alternative? They stand there unarmed, and plead for mercy before being killed helplessly? At least if you are armed, you have a chance.

And unlike the attacker in the research study, in the real world, most criminal react like this idiot, and run away from an armed citizen. Most criminals are cowards. Sometimes, just having a gun prevents the crime from happening.

What a sick man you are.

CRIMINALS.....

So show I'm wrong, using logic.

So because I don't want all criminals to die, that must mean I support criminals?

So because I don't want all republicans to die, that must mean I support republicans?

So because I don't want all liberals to die, that must mean I support liberals?

You run your big mouth a lot.

Let's see you use your brain.

I don't care what you think. Your opinion of me, could not possibly be of less value to me.

Being republican isn't a death penalty offense, or liberal.

Nor did I say "ALL" criminals. If you jay walk.... I dont' think you should be killed.

This guy pulled lethal weapon on an innocent civilian. He is as close to a murderer as you can get, without succeeding. As far as I'm concerned, if he dies, that's justice. If you think he shouldn't, then you are against justice, and you need to die with him. You are supporting an attempted murderer.

I don't support an attempted murderer.
You do.

I'm the good guy.... you are the criminal supporter.

I stand with the innocent civilians. You stand with the guy that pulled a gun on the innocent.

My conscience is completely clear, and your opinion of me has absolutely zero effect on that. Now if you can live with yourself defending this criminal.... that's even more reason you should be punished with him.

OK, so you're just a troll.

On Ignore you go.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

They did a research test, where they gave people paint ball guns. None were trained on how to use the guns.

They staged it so that a person in the large auditorium would pull out a weapons, and attack the crowd..... but get this.... this attacker knew who in the crowd was armed, and would target them.

All four of the people who had concealed guns, were able to react to the attack, even while being shot at, and return fire.

You people.........

Seriously. No matter how bonkers the idea is, you'll find some reason to think "oh they'll freeze up and die instantly!" come on.

No don't get me wrong, one of the four people, was shot before they fired at the attacker.

But... that still doesn't matter. What's your alternative? They stand there unarmed, and plead for mercy before being killed helplessly? At least if you are armed, you have a chance.

And unlike the attacker in the research study, in the real world, most criminal react like this idiot, and run away from an armed citizen. Most criminals are cowards. Sometimes, just having a gun prevents the crime from happening.

You lost me at paintball gun.
Played it for years and I was never afraid to take a chance.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

You people.........

I've had to defend myself and the wife during an attempted home invasion.
You wont hear me knock guns in anyway.
But being shot at changes every thing.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

You people.........

In the moment.... it's reactions.

You can still respond. Most people can respond.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

You people.........

Do tell... how did you defend yourself?

Let me guess you warned the would be attacker that having a weapon in the commission of a crime, violated federal law, and that scared him off.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

You people.........

In the moment.... it's reactions.

You can still respond. Most people can respond.

Not really,some people freeze up.
And it's one thing to shoot accurately when you know you wont die.
It's a whole nother thing when real bullets are flying.

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

You people.........

Let me guess you warned the would be attacker that having a weapon in the commission of a crime, violated federal law, and that scared him off.

No...actually I stuck a Remington 870 shorty in their face and they fell all over themselves trying to get back in the car that was supposedly broken down.
Never saw a broken down old ass cutlass go so fast.

Wish I would have had this at the time,there were three of em and all I had was five shots in the 870.
upload_2015-7-30_21-15-50.png

Yes... it is.

Seriously.

You people......

You people.........

No...actually I stuck a Remington 870 shorty in their face and they fell all over themselves trying to get back in the car that was supposedly broken down.

Wish I would have had this at the time,there were three of em and all I had was five shots in the 870.
View attachment 46109

How unamerican of you. lol. Well done sir.

But I'm confused.... how then do you explain those people who do return fire at an attacker, and kill them?

Doctor had gun fired back and wounded shooter at a Darby Pennsylvania hospital prosecutor says - CBS News

Doctor is shot at by a patient with mental issues. The doctor pulls his gun and shoots the guy.

Man shoots and kills attacker police say - The Commercial Appeal

Guy attacked from behind, and is struck to the ground. Pulls a gun, and kills the attacker.

Would-be victim fires on assailants - philly-archives

Guy pulls a gun on two men that got of a train. They pull a gun, and shoot him.

How many examples would you like?

VIDEO Thug Shoots Man At Point Blank Range Man Fires Back With His Own Firearm Concealed Nation

Here's one from Venezuela. A guy walks in, and shoots the man in the white shirt. He falls, and pulls his own gun, shoots the guy multiple times, and kills him. The man in the white shirt apparently survives.

In that case, bullets are literally flying, and he is still able to pull his weapon... point... and shoot... multiple times even..... after being shot himself.

Victim Fires Back at Robbers in Store Parking Lot Middle Georgia News Weather Macon WGXA-TV FOX24 ABC16 Local News

Robbers fire a shot at a guy, who returns fire, and they run away.

I understand that you being in the military have a different perspective. My brother in law went to Iraq. It's a different kind of thing, when you know there are dozens of people out there.... somewhere.... shooting at you in real time.

I get it. Some people do freeze up in that situation.

In this domestic situation, people don't have time to be over come by fear so much. Things happen really fact. You are generally just 'reacting', rather than going into a panic mode "this guy is trying to harm me".

You people.........

View attachment 46109

But I'm confused.... how then do you explain those people who do return fire at an attacker, and kill them?

Doctor had gun fired back and wounded shooter at a Darby Pennsylvania hospital prosecutor says - CBS News

Doctor is shot at by a patient with mental issues. The doctor pulls his gun and shoots the guy.

Guy attacked from behind, and is struck to the ground. Pulls a gun, and kills the attacker.

VIDEO Thug Shoots Man At Point Blank Range Man Fires Back With His Own Firearm Concealed Nation

Here's one from Venezuela. A guy walks in, and shoots the man in the white shirt. He falls, and pulls his own gun, shoots the guy multiple times, and kills him. The man in the white shirt apparently survives.

In that case, bullets are literally flying, and he is still able to pull his weapon... point... and shoot... multiple times even..... after being shot himself.

Victim Fires Back at Robbers in Store Parking Lot Middle Georgia News Weather Macon WGXA-TV FOX24 ABC16 Local News

I understand that you being in the military have a different perspective. My brother in law went to Iraq. It's a different kind of thing, when you know there are dozens of people out there.... somewhere.... shooting at you in real time.

In this domestic situation, people don't have time to be over come by fear so much. Things happen really fact. You are generally just 'reacting', rather than going into a panic mode "this guy is trying to harm me".

Sure it happens.
Some people have it naturally,some train hard to get it and some wont get it no matter what.
Add to the fact that the person committing the crime usually will get the drop on you from surprise alone.
It's a crap shoot using a gun for defense for a lot of reasons.
But I'd rather have the chance to go down fighting than to rely on the good nature of a guy with a gun and bad intent.

You people.........

View attachment 46109

Sure it happens.
Some people have it naturally,some train hard to get it and some wont get it no matter what.
Add to the fact that the person committing the crime usually will get the drop on you from surprise alone.
It's a crap shoot using a gun for defense for a lot of reasons.
But I'd rather have the chance to go down fighting than to rely on the good nature of a guy with a gun and bad intent.

Ok, so you are not against people defending themselves. Some how that seemed to be the implied message of your previous post.

I'm not sure what your point was then, several posts back.

I never thought that having a gun guaranteed my safety. But I did think that not having a gun guaranteed my helplessness.

I realized I wanted to have a weapon, when I was doing deliveries of narcs for a drug company that serviced hospitals. At that time, a story came out where a guy just walked up to a car stuck in stopped traffic at a light. This guy beat this man so badly, that he lost vision in one of his eyes for the rest of life.

The only reason this man didn't kill the driver, is because even while being beaten, he managed to pull a concealed gun from under his seat, and shoot the guy attacking him.

And here I was in a car, with a few hundred thousand in narcotics in the trunk, and if someone attacked me, all I could do was throw my diet coke at them.

I've been armed for years now.

Forum List

Back