🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Duck Dynasty Star: 'They Told Us To Stop Praying To Jesus To Not Offend Muslims'

I think the OP's article is totally bogus.

Muslim believe in Jesus and revere him as a prophet.

Of course it is. The big three are reading the same books.

Sunni Man said:
If anything, it would be the TV shows jewish directors and producers who would be offend hearing the name Jesus.

Because the jews feel that Jesus is responsible for all the prejudice against them........ya know, that killing Jesus thing. .. :cool:

Have you been drinking with Mel Gibson..again??

When your faith's founder and its god give you permission to make war and to commit violence in the name of your vision of the godhead under various circumstances, and when your faith spawns or negatively influences a dozen or more cultures or sub-cultures to oppress half the human beings on the planet (women), well, that's not terribly surprising.

I generally over look that a faith like Christianity is probably the religion with the biggest bodycount. Hopefully they can reform themselves to a point where they aren't massacring most of the world. This new pope is a pretty nice fellow.

Christianity is, indeed, the religion with the biggest body-count, by far.

Virtually all of that (major wars triggered by Christians primarily over religious differences) is centuries in the past, and much of it pre-Reformation or during the Reformation.

And, virtually all of that carnage was accomplished by convincing illiterate or barely-literate populations, using concocted juicy rationalizations (Justifiable War) to work-around the teachings of the Founder - Love Thy Neighbor, and Turn the Other Cheek - which were intended to supersede anything to the contrary found in the Old Testament.

In the case of Islam, the Godhead, and the Founder HIMSELF, teach that it's OK to kill and to make war upon Unbelievers in order to advance or defend the Faith or to defend the Faithful, and the Founder's own hands and his so-called sacred texts are drenched with blood and examples of putting Unbelievers to the sword.

I don't recall Jesus of Nazareth saying that it was OK to lie-to or to kill Unbelievers, do you?

I don't recall Jesus of Nazareth killing and making war and sacking cities in the name of his vision of the godhead, do you?

A great many of Jesus' followers may have invented juicy rationalizations to try to justify the slaughter committed in his name, but it is noteworthy that they were obliged to work around the teachings of the Founder in order to make war, and were not able to use the teachings of the Founder himself to justify killing.

A least 'True Believers' in Christianity always had the core teachings of their Founder to fall back upon, as a self-correcting / self-righting mechanism, when war-mongers and other mischief-makers went too far, in trying to justify their actions in the name of the Christian godhead.

Islam, however, has no such braking mechanism or self-righting device in the person of its Founder, and, to make matters worse, its Founder locked-out further changes; therefore, no Reformation is imminent, even though the belief-system is in desperate need of same.

Christendom has largely moved beyond warfare of a religious nature on any appreciable scale, whereas Islam is just now waking-up after centuries of Euro-trash colonialism and imperialism. Last time they looked, it was 1500. Things have changed a bit since then and we (the rest of the world) don't really have the time, in this nuclear age, to wait for them to catch-up and to attain Modern Sanity rather than their Medieval Savagery.

It's far too easy for the blood-dripping, blood-stained, blood-saturated teachings of Islam and its Founder to be misappropriated by any street-corner mullah with a hard-on against The West who wants to issue a Fatwa or a call for Jihad. Far too easy. And that makes them far more untrustworthy and dangerous than other contemporary/peer religious belief systems.

Islam is a political and cultural wolf in religious-belief-system sheep's clothing; hostile-to and alien-to and entirely incompatible with The West; largely unwanted and unwelcome.

Unwanted and unwelcome by those who understand the differences and their dangers, anyway.

Probably has a lot to do with both belief-systems being alien to Western Culture, and most un-welcome by a majority of its residents.

That's OK... think it's bad here? Try looking for tolerance in most of the lands and domains from which they sprang.

Makes us look like the epitome of tolerance and multiculturalism by comparison, as imperfect as we are.

Which lands are you talking about? The ones getting constantly rolled by the West? Pick a Nation, I can probably find you the Western Country that created it.

Nice try.

No sale.

Those places were intolerant and misogynistic long before The West brought any influence to bear upon their soil.

Those places will still be intolerant and misogynistic long after The West walks away from them.

Their intolerance and misogyny are not the product of the influence of The West.

They cooked-up that particular angle on Neanderthal Behavior long before we appeared on their scopes.

Any reasonably well-read person who is not committed to making excuses for them understands this.

Last edited:
Talk about political correctness run amok! I would have to say that the muslims can turn the damn channel if they feel offended. Also why would muslims (like Obama who is a non natural born Citizen, who has been found to have a 100% forged birth certificate and selective service registration) watch a show about duck hunting in the first place? In all of my decades of duck hunting, I have never seen a muslim duck hunter.

Duck Dynasty Star: 'They Told Us To Stop Praying To Jesus So It Wouldn't Offend Muslims' | Independent Journal Review

Not buying it.

It's probably not the Muslims who are offended with the Jesus prayer but rather the Jew producers of the show and the bearded white gentiles aren't complying with them.

Gee, there's something for every kind of hater in this thread.

Disgusting.

And, I doubt the veracity of the op. Its just more of the radical religious right whining about nothing at all. Sorry, but this is still the US and we do still have the First Amendment.

Deal with it.

The film editors have also put in beeps as if they were bleeping out profanity. The Robertson family isn't going to change to suit anyone. They don't have to. The show is the highest rated cable show ever. They don't need the money. They are untouchable by politically correct poison.

No shit?

That's downright scary.

Our Race To The Bottom continues ...

It is truly awe-inspiring, how quickly this caught on. It proved to me how little most people know-or have sought to understand the three "Abrahamic Religions" or what one believes about the other. I love DD. And the statement that Phil made, was deliberate. He probably knows that Jesus was considered to be a prophet by Muslims. It will take 5 minutes at the most to Google-"Jesus and Islam".

It was not very difficult to conclude who would be offended. Between one group who believes Jesus was a prophet, and the other who says: "SHAME ON YOU! GO BACK TO JESUS!" "We don't need your Jesus!" and "Your Jesus...can kiss my fucking ass, okay?" (type those verbatim statements into a search engine), 2+2=4. It's too bad that we can't all respect each other's faith. And if any of you happen to have a link to an Islamic review of Duck Dynasty, please share it...I haven't had any luck.

The OP is based on a big ol' urban legend, debunked by Snopes here. Nobody ever told the Duck Dynasty cast to stop praying.

snopes.com: Duck Dynasty Prayer

Naturally, that won't stop all the usual suspects from still repeating the story. They consider their victimhood to be the most precious thing in their lives, and they won't give it up easily.

Talk about political correctness run amok! I would have to say that the muslims can turn the damn channel if they feel offended. Also why would muslims (like Obama who is a non natural born Citizen, who has been found to have a 100% forged birth certificate and selective service registration) watch a show about duck hunting in the first place? In all of my decades of duck hunting, I have never seen a muslim duck hunter.

Duck Dynasty Star: 'They Told Us To Stop Praying To Jesus So It Wouldn't Offend Muslims' | Independent Journal Review

Who is "they"?

AIP Conference, Chicago Illinois, 1996

Speaker - Abdulrahman Alamoudi, Executive Director of the American Muslim Council (AMC)

"If we are outside this country we can say O Allah, destroy America, but once we are here, our mission in this country is to change it. There is no way for Muslims to be violent in America, no way. We have other means to do it. You can be violent anywhere else but in America."

Islamic Conferences

Please Mr. Robertson and Discovery Network,

Please do the fair thing. Respect our religion.

Do not pray to your God. It offends us.

Thank you.

(Signed)

The Muslim Brotherhood

It is as simple as this.

It is this type of encounter, multiplied by the thousands, that will spell our end.

Jihad is not always violent.

This event marks a victory for the followers of Allah.

These Duck Dynasty guys would be the first to rise up, guns ablasting if someone came at them wrong.

But the Jihadists are not dumb.

They have seen our weakness and they are exploiting it.

If these rednecks can be beaten without a shot being fired you can see how vulnerable we are!

So the "Jihadists are not dumb"? The Robertsons aren't dumb, either. That would be a dangerous assumption to make, since they appear to be quite comfortable with firearms and explosives.

You must not have noticed that they are also very skilled at playing dumb. Phil has made this joke on more than one occasion. You've been fooled, and you don't even realize it. Phil doesn't seem like a big talker, so that means he's listening...and he misses nothing. He wants his family to be taken care of when he's gone. That interview was done in the early days of the show. He knew who was financing the show, and he didn't want to kill the opportunity for his family. They are very strong in their faith, and don't seem to worry much about their deaths.

"A victory for Islam"? If you have real courage and faith...what are you worried about? And to be certain that you FULLY understand-we're slowly, but surely waking up to the fact that many of us have been duped. We're not supposed hate, let alone kill. But never doubt that we will protect what belongs to us, or those we love. I've read the Quran (Enlish translation), and it was no more terrifying than the Law, Prophets, or Revelation. People can read the Old Testament (Torah, and what the Prophets are referred to in Judaism) and could claim that all Jews are violent...which isn't true, either.

So how will these rednecks be defeated?

Muslims my ass. If any Muslims even watch the show they aren't likely to be offended or they would have stopped long ago.
This is about those from this country who are offended by reverence to God.

The OP is based on a big ol' urban legend, debunked by Snopes here. Nobody ever told the Duck Dynasty cast to stop praying.

snopes.com: Duck Dynasty Prayer

Naturally, that won't stop all the usual suspects from still repeating the story. They consider their victimhood to be the most precious thing in their lives, and they won't give it up easily.

Bears repeating.

So the "Jihadists are not dumb"? The Robertsons aren't dumb, either. That would be a dangerous assumption to make, since they appear to be quite comfortable with firearms and explosives.

You must not have noticed that they are also very skilled at playing dumb. Phil has made this joke on more than one occasion. You've been fooled, and you don't even realize it. Phil doesn't seem like a big talker, so that means he's listening...and he misses nothing. He wants his family to be taken care of when he's gone. That interview was done in the early days of the show. He knew who was financing the show, and he didn't want to kill the opportunity for his family. They are very strong in their faith, and don't seem to worry much about their deaths.

"A victory for Islam"? If you have real courage and faith...what are you worried about? And to be certain that you FULLY understand-we're slowly, but surely waking up to the fact that many of us have been duped. We're not supposed hate, let alone kill. But never doubt that we will protect what belongs to us, or those we love. I've read the Quran (Enlish translation), and it was no more terrifying than the Law, Prophets, or Revelation. People can read the Old Testament (Torah, and what the Prophets are referred to in Judaism) and could claim that all Jews are violent...which isn't true, either.

So how will these rednecks be defeated?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM]Casablanca La Marseillaise - YouTube[/ame]

I've never seen the movie. Aren't you clever. What you're alluding to, isn't very subtle. Hasbro. (spelling is intentional) But you need not "explain". I know the GAME that you are playing. Fail. Next time, try that on someone who hasn't taken French classes, or who doesn't know the history of France.

What wilt thou?

Forum List

Back