'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Saw this on FB (I can read it, but I was not logged in) and thought I would share:

I would like to remind everyone, the "Duck Dynasty" store is run and owned by A&E. If you are going to buy Robertson family merchandise, please make sure you buy it from Duck Commander so that A&E does not get a cut.

Apparently there is no more free speach anymore. I mean really, all this phoney outrage because someone has their own personal feelings and beliefs about homosexuality that isn't in line with queer-enablers?

What's the plan, get everyone fired because they don't believe fags are "A-OK"?

Why not?

Michael Richards made racist comments. He hasn't worked since.

Mel Gibson made anti-Semetic Comments. He hasn't worked since.

There are lines you don't cross.

So why is Alec Baldwin still working?

Duck Dynasty should release a new line of duck calls ....rainbow colored semen flavored..for the gay guys..and fist shaped pussy flavored for the bull dykes

His protection under the fundamental Laws of this nation, and not the whim of any administration, has been politically correctly undermined by intolerant idealism and broadcasting.

Horsecrap. A&E has every right to disassociate itself DuckPhillip for his commentary.

I don't agree with that guy Phil who was quoted saying some smack about gays (putting them in league with the likes of terrorists).

On the OTHER hand, I don't HAVE to agree with him.

His statement of his own beliefs causes nobody any actual harm. We are all free to agree with him or disagree with him. Ity's not like he published troop movements in time of war or falsely and deliberately yelled "fire" in a crowded theater.

The liberals who support the action of A&E (i.e., jumping on the guy's shit for having the temerity to state his own views) are giving liberals a black eye.

I have never watched Duck Dynasty.

I see no reason to start now. But that's only because I think the management of A&E don't deserve my support.

The star had every right to voice his opinion on Christianity, what the Bible says and that is exactly what he did. When we cannot have the freedom to voice our love for Christianity, we are in trouble. Perhaps all of the family should voice their opinions and let's see where A&E stands after they fire all of the cast.

There are gays who profess they are Christians as well and will not stop watching the show unless there is a movement to do so. A&E should watch where they hang their hat. I don't even watch the show, but find it was wrong to suspend or fire the star for his words.

The family can go someplace else easier than A&E finding such a hit again.

Last edited:
His protection under the fundamental Laws of this nation, and not the whim of any administration, has been politically correctly undermined by intolerant idealism and broadcasting.

Horsecrap. A&E has every right to disassociate itself DuckPhillip for his commentary.

What ever happened to "The views expressed are not necessarily of those of A&E?

It is unconstitutional to sign away your rights so therefore I feel he has a right to sue A & E.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Another pinhead (daws) that doesn't seem to care about what is going on.
a bigoted asshole shoots off his mouth and loses his job....that he doesn't need any way (he's a millionaire)
the reaction is just paranoia at it's finest...

Who says he doesn't need it?
guess you can't read.

en.wikipedia.org

Duck Dynasty is an American reality television series on A&E. It shows the lives of the Robertson family, who became wealthy from their family-operated business, Duck Commander, operated in West Monroe, Louisiana, which makes products for duck hunters, primarily the duck call named Duck Commander. The Robertson men, brothers Phil, Si, and Phil's sons Jase, Willie, and Jep, are known for their long beards. The business began in a family shed, where Phil Robertson spent 25 years making duck calls from Louisiana cedar trees. His son Willie is now the CEO of the company. The family was previously featured on the series Benelli Presents Duck Commander and its spin-off Buck Commander, which still airs on the Outdoor Channel.

The next target.
One of the members of the family featured on TV is the pro gay's next target because of their religious beliefs. It would be one thing if we are being made to chose politically correctness, or our beliefs.
But that is not the case. We are being made to choose political correctness instead of our beliefs. Or else.
While you watch the latest crucifixion of this family, remember that your next, unless........
another pinhead who knows nothing about how broadcasting works!

This isn't a broadcasting issue. It has been made into a broadcasting issue. This is an assault of a belief structure issue, as long as it is a Christian one. Are sponsors running from the Muslim belief concerning gays? Have we confronted Sammy Sheik on his views?

If Caesar dictates equal rights under the law, then that is Caesar's position and we are bound to keep the law. NEVERTHELESS, in this country the man being vilified this week, is a man that lives according to his beliefs, while doing no injury to the law.

And, there is a law that protects his right to do so. His protection under the fundamental Laws of this nation, and not the whim of any administration, has been politically correctly undermined by intolerant idealism and broadcasting.
paranoid ranting at it's finest!

The star had every right to voice his opinion on Christianity, what the Bible says and that is exactly what he did. When we cannot have the freedom to voice our love for Christianity, we are in trouble. Perhaps all of the family should voice their opinions and let's see where A&E stands after they fire all of the cast.

There are gays who profess they are Christians as well and will not stop watching the show unless there is a movement to do so. A&E should watch where they hang their hat. I don't even watch the show, but find it was wrong to suspend or fire the star for his words.

The family can go someplace else easier than A&E finding such a hit again.
I'm sure TBN would take them if they donated money to tbn.

It is unconstitutional to sign away your rights so therefore I feel he has a right to sue A & E.
wrong again chuckles, when you sign a contract with a network or movie company radio conglomerate you're obligated to adhere to the rules and regulations of that company.
no one is signing away their rights!
nothing unconstitutional about it....
it would be a refreshing change if you asshats actually read and understood your constitutional rights.....

The far right simply do not comprehend the Constitution, its framing, its ratification, and its development in federal law.

Phqking Amzng!

Bingo.

Maybe A@E wanted to pick a fight. Who knows. They plan their DD marathon even during all this hoopla and hope people buy stuff on their website. Which means it's all about money, not what Phil said. Maybe ratings are down and they needed the attention. Who knows.

I learned a couple of things moments ago that set this whole DD crap on it's ear.

First is that the next season has already been shot and will air in a week or two, Phil Robertson of course will still be on it. Secondly, they won't start filming the season after that for another 4-5 months.

Here's what's going to happen. A&E will "suspend" Mr. Robertson for 4-5 months and then claim that he's learned his lesson or some shit and he'll be back in time to film the new season.

Don't doubt me.

Forum List

Back