'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Actually that would be Bill Maher that got fired by ABC for agreeing with Dinesh d'Souza that the 9/11 hijackers could not be described as "cowards".
yep!

1471806_463029317135379_1523894710_n.jpg

Is it not amusing how liberals will dismiss hate, depending on the person spewing it?

Is it not amusing how liberals will dismiss hate, depending on the person spewing it?

"Liberals"??

This was A&E -- not "liberals".

Btw how can you behead a guy and then hang him? And after you've done either one how can you burn them "alive"? Something not-well-thought-out about this specious image...

The word is "gays" as in "more than one". I'm assuming that the one that was beheaded is not the one that was burned alive.

With an estimated net worth of $400 million, I'm sure that the Robertsons wept themselves to sleep last night; hopefully on Eiderdown Pillows-because they've earned it.

How do you "fire" Phil Robertson?

Some of Phil's statements have been taken out of context. A couple of them may have been a bit crude for some people's tastes, but that's just the way he is. He grew up in primitive conditions, with 6 siblings, no electricity, and apparently no indoor plumbing; 6 of the 7 siblings earned college degrees. That's remarkable.

I attended the churches of Christ, until I was 25. If you think that what Phil said was rough, you should have heard some of the Elders of the churches I attended. Mr. Robertson's pretty tame.

The harshest criticism I've heard, has been from people who don't watch the show. They've made Phil out to be a beast.

Last edited:

"Liberals"??

This was A&E -- not "liberals".

Btw how can you behead a guy and then hang him? And after you've done either one how can you burn them "alive"? Something not-well-thought-out about this specious image...

The word is "gays" as in "more than one". I'm assuming that the one that was beheaded is not the one that was burned alive.

:doubt:

In any case Ron Burgundy's blanket "liberals" doesn't apply to either one. And to the extent that the Iranian side does exist it's yet another warning sign of what theocrazy produces. I don't know about Iran but the Inquisition burned a lot of people alive. And they didn't even have to be gay.

Last edited:
that pic proves bill maher right ....again

[ame=http://youtu.be/fys3MsKMpms]Bill Maher : most Americans are Dumb and Uneducated - And he is 110% right, as always :) - YouTube[/ame]

Oh, you mean Bill Maher the homophobe and misogynist?

Disgusting? Bill Maher: Priests Would Approve Birth Control if Altar Boys Got Pregnant (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Shakesville: Bill Maher: Still A Douche

Bill Maher: Master of misogyny

Isn't it wonderful that the libs have such a wonderful cheerleader for America in Bill Maher ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5VmM4pRhM

So, IMO A&E should have known who and what they signed up.

More at the link.

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson appears to verbally attack gay people in newly emerged video - NY Daily News

I've heard the first few minutes, but I doubt that I can stick it out for the long haul. I have a tough time with his mindset.

I was more offended at how boring he was...didn't stick around long enough to get to the homophobic part if there was any there.

I couldn't get past (It's 2010 AD). Still, I support his right to give whatever speech he wants.

As do I.

I also support A&E's right to have whatever and whomever they want on their airwaves.

Free speech is free but not free of consequences. Never has been, never will be.

All growed up....:lol:

Somehow they look less creepy with the beards. Hard to pull off that look.
seems to me that the Robertson's and A&E got together and created the redneck persona to grab a certain audience demographic...
if you watch that network with any regularity you'll notice DD is one of a long list of red necked themed shows...

A&E is usually what I watch on Saturdays while cleaning the house...the Hoarders shows inspire me to keep a minimalist lifestyle as much as I can.

I was more offended at how boring he was...didn't stick around long enough to get to the homophobic part if there was any there.

I couldn't get past (It's 2010 AD). Still, I support his right to give whatever speech he wants.

As do I.

I also support A&E's right to have whatever and whomever they want on their airwaves.

Free speech is free but not free of consequences. Never has been, never will be.

Do you also support the people who are calling for a boycott of A&E? After all, free speech is for everyone.

Personally, I think A&E made a big mistake in underestimating the value of family for the Robertson's. They won't go on without their patriarch.

As do I.

Do you also support the people who are calling for a boycott of A&E? After all, free speech is for everyone.

Personally, I think A&E made a big mistake in underestimating the value of family for the Robertson's. They won't go on without their patriarch.

Boycotts don't work. Not on the boob tube.

Basically, the public votes. If you are a visible representative of your employers, and you behave publically in a way the employers object to, they are justified in firing you. If an elected official behaves in a way or says things his/her voters don't like, they vote him out of office, or even drive him out before any election comes up. If you are a businessman who is a visible representative of your employer and you publically say or do something the employer objects to, something they think gives a bad impression of the company, they will fire you. People have the right to free speech in the sense they can't be stifled or imprisoned by the government, but the public or employers can object to what you say and you can be fired: it happens all the time and isn't just about saying things not considered PC. This guy represents A&E; if A&E viewers object to his statements, the majority of them, or even if the network bosses object, he's going to lose his job. He isn't going to be arrested, so his free speech is intact. Be glad you don't live in a country where saying something will land you in jail.

Making a big deal out of A&E's decision publicly serves no purpose other than to put a spotlight on the right.

We fall for this fucking trap every damn time. Will we EVER learn?

Forum List

Back