Dude, I am not gay.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Apparently, that is an offensive statement among hypersensitive assholes since they used it as an excuse to exclude straight people from a job fair.

The job market is tough these days—so tough, in fact, that some business schools have been encouraging heterosexual students to attend career fairs for lesbian, gay, and bisexual students.
Matt Kidd, executive director of Reaching Out MBA, said only one of the 15 students from Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business who attended the conference in New Orleans last year was openly gay. The event is described as the world’s largest conference of LGBT business students, and it includes a job-recruitment fair. That Rice student “was forced to go around introducing himself as ‘the actual gay guy’ so he didn’t get round-filed with the rest of the school’s students,” Kidd says. Jeff Falk, Rice’s associate director of national media relations, says the school tells students “to learn about the organizations and their missions before they decide to attend.”
The College of William & Mary’s Mason School of Business told its students last year to skip the rest of the conference and just attend the career fair, according to Kidd. “It’s largely done by schools who can’t get companies on their campus,” he says.
While many school officials understand Kidd’s complaint about the number of non-LGBT students at the event, some don’t see the concern. “There are recruiters there who are happy to talk to anyone that’s talented,” says Chequeta Allen, executive director of the career management center at William & Mary’s business school. “The idea of those groups is to ensure inclusiveness, not to say, ‘We only want LGBT people.’”
In a presentation at the Graduate Management Admission Council’s annual conference last month, Kidd told schools that the trend becomes offensive to LGBT students in attendance because they’ve heard straight students say things like: “Dude, I’m not gay” or “There needs to be less focus on gay stuff at this event.”

Straight Business Students Are Crashing Gay Job Fairs - Businessweek

Funny how no one complains about gay people showing up at non LGBTQ job fairs, isn't it?

Apparently, that is an offensive statement among hypersensitive assholes since they used it as an excuse to exclude straight people from a job fair.

The job market is tough these days—so tough, in fact, that some business schools have been encouraging heterosexual students to attend career fairs for lesbian, gay, and bisexual students.
Matt Kidd, executive director of Reaching Out MBA, said only one of the 15 students from Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business who attended the conference in New Orleans last year was openly gay. The event is described as the world’s largest conference of LGBT business students, and it includes a job-recruitment fair. That Rice student “was forced to go around introducing himself as ‘the actual gay guy’ so he didn’t get round-filed with the rest of the school’s students,” Kidd says. Jeff Falk, Rice’s associate director of national media relations, says the school tells students “to learn about the organizations and their missions before they decide to attend.”
The College of William & Mary’s Mason School of Business told its students last year to skip the rest of the conference and just attend the career fair, according to Kidd. “It’s largely done by schools who can’t get companies on their campus,” he says.
While many school officials understand Kidd’s complaint about the number of non-LGBT students at the event, some don’t see the concern. “There are recruiters there who are happy to talk to anyone that’s talented,” says Chequeta Allen, executive director of the career management center at William & Mary’s business school. “The idea of those groups is to ensure inclusiveness, not to say, ‘We only want LGBT people.’”
In a presentation at the Graduate Management Admission Council’s annual conference last month, Kidd told schools that the trend becomes offensive to LGBT students in attendance because they’ve heard straight students say things like: “Dude, I’m not gay” or “There needs to be less focus on gay stuff at this event.”

Funny how no one complains about gay people showing up at non LGBTQ job fairs, isn't it?

This is outright discrimination. These exclusionary job fairs appear to be in violation of federal EEOC laws.

Oh all it took was a SINGLE gay person to make you all butthurt?

Hmm... :eusa_think:

...maybe I should rephrase that :eek:

This is outright discrimination. These exclusionary job fairs appear to be in violation of federal EEOC laws.

Well if they were actually exclusionary the OP wouldn't have had any reason to post dumbass :rolleyes:

Why is that pretend defenders of gays always use homophobic language?

I thought discrimination was offensive to people like you, I guess that depends on who is discriminating, interesting. Myself, I prefer to let people discriminate over demanding that the government fix things, which is why I posted this, so I could mock people like you that only that only pretend to care about it.

This is another example of why I simply don't trust certain, vocal liberals and progressives.

They speak of equality, and then push for ardent inequality. Equality means everyone is treated the same: not that some get treated better than others.

Why is that pretend defenders of gays always use homophobic language?

I thought discrimination was offensive to people like you, I guess that depends on who is discriminating, interesting. Myself, I prefer to let people discriminate over demanding that the government fix things, which is why I posted this, so I could mock people like you that only that only pretend to care about it.

Omg get over yourself man :rolleyes:

I think I'll attend a job fair for African-Americans. Might pick up some useful tips. :thup:

My son applied to the United Negro College Fund -when they found out that his Great Grandfather on his mothers side was mullato and everybody else was either whte or native american they disqualified him - not Black enough

I think I'll attend a job fair for African-Americans. Might pick up some useful tips. :thup:

My son applied to the United Negro College Fund -when they found out that his Great Grandfather on his mothers side was mullato and everybody else was either whte or native american they disqualified him - not Black enough

Oh brother :rolleyes:

From the link in the OP:

In a presentation at the Graduate Management Admission Council’s annual conference last month, Kidd told schools that the trend becomes offensive to LGBT students in attendance because they’ve heard straight students say things like: “Dude, I’m not gay” or “There needs to be less focus on gay stuff at this event

WTF is "gay stuff," exactly. at a Job Fair?

Interviewing for employment positions titled "Director of Bull-dykes," or, "Beginner Bear Accountant?"

Forum List

Back