DUI magically vanishes for a cop.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
I've said in the past that of all the cop stories I may post, I don't post DUI because I think it is the usual stupidity that anyone can do. In this case it wouldn't be posted if it was merely a DUI.

A Sycamore Illinois police officer saw a pickup truck driving erratically and it was missing the front license plate. The officer stopped the truck and talked to the driver. The driver changed his story and admitted to having a beer.

The officer believed the driver was intoxicated and told the driver that a breathalyzer was warranted.

So far no biggie. The driver refused the breath test. Again. Not really anything that abnormal. Illinois has the usual automatic loss of license for it but whatever right?

The Chief of the Sycamore police went down to the station and turned the drunk loose. The Drunk kept insisting that the cop call the Chief. The drunk was an old friend from the Elgin Police Department where they were cops together.

Now you see why I am posting this. The Chief said based upon his view the evidence was not sufficient. I'm sorry, but the evidence is that the driver refused to take the breathalyzer test.

The truck was towed. It was a city truck. In other words a police pickup.

The fine was waved by order of the Chief again.

This is where it rises to the point worthy of a post. The coverup and professional courtesy for another cop. Like the drunk cop, and I think we can safely assume he was drunk can't we? I mean the breathalyzer is good enough to prove it for everyone else. But for a brother of the badge, not so much.

The Chief insists he will be totally exonerated. I suppose in Illinois it is possible.

Sycamore police broke off DUI investigation of Elgin officer | Northwest Herald

The thin blue wall is showing.

I've said in the past that of all the cop stories I may post, I don't post DUI because I think it is the usual stupidity that anyone can do. In this case it wouldn't be posted if it was merely a DUI.

A Sycamore Illinois police officer saw a pickup truck driving erratically and it was missing the front license plate. The officer stopped the truck and talked to the driver. The driver changed his story and admitted to having a beer.

The officer believed the driver was intoxicated and told the driver that a breathalyzer was warranted.

So far no biggie. The driver refused the breath test. Again. Not really anything that abnormal. Illinois has the usual automatic loss of license for it but whatever right?

The Chief of the Sycamore police went down to the station and turned the drunk loose. The Drunk kept insisting that the cop call the Chief. The drunk was an old friend from the Elgin Police Department where they were cops together.

Now you see why I am posting this. The Chief said based upon his view the evidence was not sufficient. I'm sorry, but the evidence is that the driver refused to take the breathalyzer test.

The truck was towed. It was a city truck. In other words a police pickup.

The fine was waved by order of the Chief again.

This is where it rises to the point worthy of a post. The coverup and professional courtesy for another cop. Like the drunk cop, and I think we can safely assume he was drunk can't we? I mean the breathalyzer is good enough to prove it for everyone else. But for a brother of the badge, not so much.

The Chief insists he will be totally exonerated. I suppose in Illinois it is possible.

Sycamore police broke off DUI investigation of Elgin officer | Northwest Herald

The thin blue wall is showing.

To Protect and Serve each other.

upload_2017-5-16_10-53-26.png

Forum List

Back