Use of force, including deadly force.

And so what?

They can't get jobs, because no one will hire them.
They can't really go out in public without being jeered (like Rittenhouse did)
They are broke.

One might even think they might regret killing people over petty reasons.
One might even think they might regret killing people over petty reasons.
self-defense is a 'petty reason'?

Roll with that, Data.

Unlike you, they can't just go to Circuit City and get replacement parts.

self-defense is a 'petty reason'?

Roll with that, Data.

Unlike you, they can't just go to Circuit City and get replacement parts.
They were only in danger because they provoked danger.

If Rittenhouse kept his fat ass in Antioch, he never would have had a problem.
If Zimmerman stayed in his truck like the 911 dispatcher told him to, he never would have panicked Trayvon into thinking a pervert was stalking him.

Unless he also has a gun.

Or if you miss, and your bullet hits Mrs. McGillicuddy across the street.
Big whoop. I will match my skills against one of your clowns any day. And, I don't miss.

Big whoop. I will match my skills against one of your clowns any day. And, I don't miss.

Yes, that's what all you ammosexuals say...

And yet you are involved in so many accidents every year.

Well, that would make sense if we actually addressed the underlying roots of crime - Poverty, Racism, Mental Illness, addiction, and gun proliferation. The Europeans and Japanese either address these problems or don't have them as a factor, and they have nowhere near our crime rates.

ic 2.31.gif

Some people are just criminals, no matter how much $ they have. America is just a very violent country. Take away guns and clan 13 will roam door to door raping and pillaging. Japan is a different culture than the mixing pot of America.

Racism? Blacks have never had it so good, bub. They can go from store to store and rob all they like, day in - day out and nothing happens to them. Blacks are given jobs they are not qualified for in any way other than they are black. And you call this racism, comrade?

brick in head 1.13.gif

Yes, that's what all you ammosexuals say...

And yet you are involved in so many accidents every year.

Wow, they look like you. Dumbasses all.

Some people are just criminals, no matter how much $ they have. America is just a very violent country. Take away guns and clan 13 will roam door to door raping and pillaging. Japan is a different culture than the mixing pot of America.

Racism? Blacks have never had it so good, bub. They can go from store to store and rob all they like, day in - day out and nothing happens to them. Blacks are given jobs they are not qualified for in any way other than they are black. And you call this racism, comrade?

Guy, sounds like you are doing a lot of victim blaming.

If other societies have figured out how to solve crime, maybe we need to do what they are doing.

I saw this video, and decided it was a good topic of discussion. So first the video.

Now let’s break it down. Those of you who reflexively argue the Homeowner should have shot the dolt stealing from the car. You are wrong. The homeowner would face murder charges.

However, depending on the laws of your State, you might be able to use necessary force to detain someone for Police. In Georgia I can not. Usually such use of force must be accompanied by the phrase. You are under arrest. I didn’t hear that. But I won’t ding the homeowner.

When would deadly force, such as firing a shot be allowed, again generally speaking?

In this incident, when the accomplice tried to run the man over. That would be assault with a deadly weapon, the car. A situation where your life is in danger is the only time when deadly force is authorized by law.

I give the homeowner credit for brains. He didn’t try and set off in pursuit, as his use of force, so far within the law, would end if he was pursuing the baddies beyond the immediate area. Instead our wise individual takes a picture of the license plate.

The driver of the car shouldn’t be hard to identify by the cops. They’ll find him and arrest him for felony assault with a deadly weapon. They’ll get him to talk and identify his accomplice.

In my opinion what this fellow did was easily defensible in a court of law. I doubt any DA would charge him with that video as evidence.

What do you think?

I think someone who runs over an innocent person should have his license suspended and spend enough time in jail to let him realize that's a no- no.

I think someone who runs over an innocent person should have his license suspended and spend enough time in jail to let him realize that's a no- no.

I was unable to find follow on stories about this. Chances are the driver is facing felony charges.

I saw this video, and decided it was a good topic of discussion. So first the video.

Now let’s break it down. Those of you who reflexively argue the Homeowner should have shot the dolt stealing from the car. You are wrong. The homeowner would face murder charges.

However, depending on the laws of your State, you might be able to use necessary force to detain someone for Police. In Georgia I can not. Usually such use of force must be accompanied by the phrase. You are under arrest. I didn’t hear that. But I won’t ding the homeowner.

When would deadly force, such as firing a shot be allowed, again generally speaking?

In this incident, when the accomplice tried to run the man over. That would be assault with a deadly weapon, the car. A situation where your life is in danger is the only time when deadly force is authorized by law.

I give the homeowner credit for brains. He didn’t try and set off in pursuit, as his use of force, so far within the law, would end if he was pursuing the baddies beyond the immediate area. Instead our wise individual takes a picture of the license plate.

The driver of the car shouldn’t be hard to identify by the cops. They’ll find him and arrest him for felony assault with a deadly weapon. They’ll get him to talk and identify his accomplice.

In my opinion what this fellow did was easily defensible in a court of law. I doubt any DA would charge him with that video as evidence.

What do you think?

The thief used the car as a weapon. Shoot him.

Well, that would make sense if we actually addressed the underlying roots of crime - Poverty, Racism, Mental Illness, addiction, and gun proliferation. The Europeans and Japanese either address these problems or don't have them as a factor, and they have nowhere near our crime rates.
That's bullcrap. Crime is caused by there being no swift and sure penalties for committing crimes. Poverty, mental illness, addiction can reasonably be considered mitigating factors in sentencing FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, but they don't cause crime.

Well you are the one always complaining about how many people we have in prison. Victims shooting criminals would certainly lower that number.

Yeah, and if a few bystanders get caught in the crossfire, it's their own damned fault for being poor.

Oh, yeah. Fuck off.

That's bullcrap. Crime is caused by there being no swift and sure penalties for committing crimes. Poverty, mental illness, addiction can reasonably be considered mitigating factors in sentencing FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, but they don't cause crime.

Sure they do. The Addict has to feed his habit, the mentally ill person still hears the voices, the poor person still needs to eat. It's easy to be "moral" when you sleep in a warm bed with a full stomach.

Forum List

Back