"Dukes of Hazzard" yanked from TV Land

How can anyone get upset because a privately owned corporation decided to remove one of the worst tv shows in history? The show actually made Green Acres seem like Shakespeare in comparison!

I'll take your word for it, I never watched it when it was on, nor in reruns.

How many blacks were on the Pukes of Hazzard?
How many whites were on the series called Good Times (?), but hey I loved that sitcom growing up...Matters not about such things as you bring up here really, other than what the message was when watching the shows is what mattered most. The message is always whats the most important in anything we view or watch on TV or in the movies, and I know plenty of black friends who watched shows in their early days coming up, and they speak about those shows well in their discussions of them. You see if you don't see color, then you don't see color. THE MESSAGE IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT, not the colors involved.

There are no black people on a LOT of television shows. Lol! I can probably name at least 10 off the top of my head. I suppose that means they are racist to the nutty loons.
Like I said if you don't see color then you don't see color, but for many that's all they see or evaluate in anything they do anymore. The good messages once found in everything is getting blurred or lost in the fog now, and then what is it all being replaced with now ? In many cases it is way worse of a message.

Now people are becoming more and more set up and gullible, so beware is all I can say because the new deal without a message of peace for all, will of course be the end of us all soon. We all are different and cling to each other in many ways, but as long as we are all lawful and peaceful in doing so, then who amongst in in America should challenge that or change that in our societies ?

How many whites were on the series called Good Times (?), but hey I loved that sitcom growing up...Matters not about such things as you bring up here really, other than what the message was when watching the shows is what mattered most. The message is always whats the most important in anything we view or watch on TV or in the movies, and I know plenty of black friends who watched shows in their early days coming up, and they speak about those shows well in their discussions of them. You see if you don't see color, then you don't see color. THE MESSAGE IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT, not the colors involved.

There are no black people on a LOT of television shows. Lol! I can probably name at least 10 off the top of my head. I suppose that means they are racist to the nutty loons.

Them Duke boys were racists

Hazard county has no negroes? What happened to them? Sounds like a strong klan presence in the county. With Daisy Duke strutt'n her stuff...you know what happened to any negro caught eyeball'n

don316.jpg

What that I see? A black man! Sheriff Little. :)

Them Duke boys were racists

Hazard county has no negroes? What happened to them? Sounds like a strong klan presence in the county. With Daisy Duke strutt'n her stuff...you know what happened to any negro caught eyeball'n

don316.jpg

What that I see? A black man! Sheriff Little. :)
See them sunglasses? He is blind

Now way he was eyeball'n Daisy Duke

Well then. I hope you guys are happy. I was fine with taking down the flag from the SC capitol. But Dukes of Hazzard is a piece of Americana, you just don't yank a TV show like that for PC reasons. Man, some of you liberals are sissies. Yes, sissies. You are motivated by self driven fear and petty politics.

And most Americans see the CBF as a symbol of Southern pride, not racism.

CNN Blown Away by How Many Americans Support Confederate Battle Flag as Symbol of Southern Pride

I see it more as heritage. Like it or not men fought under that flag and they died under it for a cause and 98% of them never owned a slave

What amazes me is that apparently about 10% of conservatives feel like they should not ever offend anyone, and if someone pitches a whine about something they are doing they gotta stop it and walk away.

What a bunch of pussies. Disgraceful.

We're becoming a nation of sniveling,whining cowards. Afraid someone is going to get butthurt.

This is where the left in this country has brought us to.

People, businesses, corporations, all must act, think and say the correct things or face being charged with racism, homophobia, sexism, etc.

It's McCarthyism, and the atmosphere is now exactly the same as it was in the 50's with communism.

Well then. I hope you guys are happy. I was fine with taking down the flag from the SC capitol. But Dukes of Hazzard is a piece of Americana, you just don't yank a TV show like that for PC reasons. Man, some of you liberals are sissies. Yes, sissies. You are motivated by self driven fear and petty politics.

And most Americans see the CBF as a symbol of Southern pride, not racism.

CNN Blown Away by How Many Americans Support Confederate Battle Flag as Symbol of Southern Pride

I see it more as heritage. Like it or not men fought under that flag and they died under it for a cause and 98% of them never owned a slave

What amazes me is that apparently about 10% of conservatives feel like they should not ever offend anyone, and if someone pitches a whine about something they are doing they gotta stop it and walk away.

What a bunch of pussies. Disgraceful.

We're becoming a nation of sniveling,whining cowards. Afraid someone is going to get butthurt.

This is where the left in this country has brought us to.

People, businesses, corporations, all must act, think and say the correct things or face being charged with racism, homophobia, sexism, etc.

It's McCarthyism, and the atmosphere is now exactly the same as it was in the 50's with communism.

“The problems we face don’t have anything to do with the flag,” Young said in an interview with WAGA-TV in Atlanta. “The fact is that 93 percent of the black people killed are killed by other black people. So if black lives matter, let us start believing that we matter.”

Young, who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., said the “challenge” facing the country is “not to wipe out our past history but to learn to live together in the future.”

Liberty News Black Civil Rights Icon Says Something about Confederate Flag that has Racist Left Up in Arms VIDEO

n-JON-SCHNEIDER-ACTOR-large300.jpg

"The Dukes of Hazzard" star John Schneider is furious over TV Land's recent decision to pull his classic series from the air. In the midst of a national debate over the use of Confederate imagery, he interprets the scheduling change as an unfortunate response to recent public outcry that threatens to demean the legacy of the show.

More: 'Dukes of Hazzard' Star Blasts Network For Pulling Show

"Legacy of the show"? Holy shit, what legacy?

n-JON-SCHNEIDER-ACTOR-large300.jpg

"The Dukes of Hazzard" star John Schneider is furious over TV Land's recent decision to pull his classic series from the air. In the midst of a national debate over the use of Confederate imagery, he interprets the scheduling change as an unfortunate response to recent public outcry that threatens to demean the legacy of the show.

More: 'Dukes of Hazzard' Star Blasts Network For Pulling Show

"Legacy of the show"? Holy shit, what legacy?

Wow! He is a handsome man! :)

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard - Fox News

This must be really sad for some folks.
I barely watched it when it was actually running.

Guess the left can't handle freedom.......so they push people and push people...

....I think this is overreaching....and it will come back to bite you folks in the ass next year.

What a shame. Do you suppose the left will ban Huckleberry Finn next? I mean the Dukes of Hazard merely had a car with a rebel flag on it. Huck Finn has a buddy named "Nig ger Jim". Shouldnt it be banned? If not, why?
Huckleberry Finn has been banned in many places, as has Tom Sawyer.
I watched the Movie Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer when I was a kid, and you know what ? I never became a racist because of it. The agenda just wants to create and then control the entire outcome it is seeking after these days, and that outcome is to re-direct by force the peoples minds and their mindset towards something else entirely or totally. I ask what will be the replacement for an entire culture if none of it is any good ?

I wonder how far it will all go, and will everything that made up a culture be up for grabs in all of this situation that we are seeing now ?. Will there be nothing off limits to try and change an entire culture of people completely anymore ?

I guess we'll also have to remove reruns of Seinfeld, Friends, Yes Dear, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc., etc., etc. Racist bastards! :p
The purge and then the merge eh ? LOL

Problem I see is this, not everyone on both sides wants a complete merge of the cultures by force, because it is that they on both sides want people to actually want to be a part of their culture freely, and by their own choice in life freely. They want people to be free to mingle and be friends with them by choice not by force. Force never works out, but only delays progress for years and years and years to come.

With this sheer and utter sensitivity by some on the Left, I don't see why there aren't more conservative comedians in America equivalent to Jon Stewart and Bill Maher.
The movie Undercover Brother was one funny movie, and that s the way it all should be going in the way of laughter, and making light of the things people take so seriously in life. This way it shows people just how dumb they are when they do what they do in life. There just isn't enough making fun of, and then there just isn't enough balance when it comes to making fun of like you said above. People need to lighten up, then we won't see tragic things happen like we just saw happen down in Charleston South Carolina or in many other places things have been going on or have went on. Hollywood has the power to make everyone see the error of their ways, but instead it chooses to get out it's big ole over sized spoon, and then start stirring up the pot of divisions big time in this nation. Notice how Obama leans towards Hollywood a lot, and then just how bad things have gotten for him and us over time because of this ?

So it's OK to show two girls kissing on the "ABC Family" network, but it's bad to show the Confederate flag?

Liberals are taking away all the good things in America, and replacing them with bad things.

Because liberals and progressives are always trying to prove that they think they know what's best for everyone, when in reality they don't have a goddamn clue. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back