"Dukes of Hazzard" yanked from TV Land

Most people who are free thinkers and able to think independently do not need to watch television news programs to get their opinions. We make our own decisions based upon the facts. :)

Wonderful. Where do you get those "facts"...?

As the Social Conservatives on here will be shock by what I am about to write, but the pulling of the Dukes of Hazzard by TV Land was just stupid!

Look, I have no issue with not wanting the Dixie Flag flown on Federal, State, County, and City grounds, but I also am not going to object to someone right to fly the Flag on their private property nor do I feel a show should be pulled or the toys either.

Dukes of Hazzard was a spoof show, and a movie was made not so far back, and now today there is a issue with the show because of the Dixie Flag being on the General Lee?

You couldn't have a General Lee without the Dixie Flag, and the Dukes of Hazzard show is not a show based on racism or hatred but as I wrote it was a spoof show...

How far will Political Correctness go?

I am even tiring of this silly nonsense like pulling shows that have never offended anyone except the fact it was insulting Southern White people by making them look stupid, but this country is swinging to far in the Political Correctness and the backlash could be harsh if we keep on banning things that offend us...

I see no reason to pull The Dukes of Hazard

It is entertainment. It is a TV show

In a show about redneck country boys....you can show the Confederate Flag
In a show about 1940s Germany....you can show the Nazi Flag
In a show about the KKK....you can show a cross burning

I see no reason to pull The Dukes of Hazard

It is entertainment. It is a TV show

In a show about redneck country boys....you can show the Confederate Flag
In a show about 1940s Germany....you can show the Nazi Flag
In a show about the KKK....you can show a cross burning
Well said.

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard - Fox News

This must be really sad for some folks.

What's going to happen when Progressive run out of books to burn?

Okay. Now that many are in an uproar over a stupid flag, perhaps it's time we challenged the government to replace the "stars and stripes" with something else for a flag representing the nation. After all, the "stars and stripes" represent vast theft and genocide to native americans.
Perhaps a flag with the three "see, hear and speak no evil" monkeys.
The politically correct crowd would love it.

Keep it up PC'ers, this kind of rapid change you're cramming down our throats is going to bring out the kooks.
Don't be surprised if you inspire another Oklahoma City.

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

What books have they burned?

All the ones they don't like starting with the Bible

Just because the Duke boys have a confederate flag on the roof of their car, doesn't mean they are racists. After all, the car is called The General Lee ........what other type of flag would General Lee have?

Now, personally, I think them Duke boys would lynch any negro they caught eyeballing Daisy Duke but I can't know for sure

Just because the Duke boys have a confederate flag on the roof of their car, doesn't mean they are racists. After all, the car is called The General Lee ........what other type of flag would General Lee have?

Now, personally, I think them Duke boys would lynch any negro they caught eyeballing Daisy Duke but I can't know for sure

This is how it starts is every Progressive Utopia

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard Fox News

This must really be sad for some folks.
Just goes to show how cheaply liberals count their victories. They seem to believe PC symbolism has some effect on reality.

This is so ironic.

Same sex marriage is legal because of the adoption of the 14th amendment

The 14th amendment doesn't happen unless the south tried to leave the union and the Civil War happened. The south used the battle flag as one of their symbols. If the south simply dropped slavery, the flag would never have existed and likely neither the 14th

Gay marriage is now legal, and the flag is being banned

:cuckoo:

This is how it starts is every Progressive Utopia

Just think about it

You don't see many negroes in Hazard County. With Daisy Duke running around with her ass cheeks showing, what else could be happening to all them negroes?

They've started with flags, they'll get to books all in due time

11705358_925891390787306_4704095351287577498_n.jpg

They've started with flags, they'll get to books all in due time
Rednecks don't read books

What a shame. Do you suppose the left will ban Huckleberry Finn next? I mean the Dukes of Hazard merely had a car with a rebel flag on it. Huck Finn has a buddy named "Nig ger Jim". Shouldnt it be banned? If not, why?
Even though it's the 21st century, there are plenty of "real" books still out there. Perhaps it's time for a purging...
dyer-book-burning.jpg

:neutral:

Forum List

Back