"Dukes of Hazzard" yanked from TV Land

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard - Fox News

This must be really sad for some folks.

So how many Confederate flag related films and books have you kids burned?

book burnings.jpg

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

And there will be a lot of Southerners who will stop watching TV Land.....Which group do you think will be hurt the most?.....
This entire flag thing is much ado about nothing...
Do I think SC or any other state should display that flag( BTW, the flag in NOT the "stars and bars".....It is the Confederate Battle Flag).....The answer is an unqualified NO...
Now, there are graves and memorial sites for Confederate soldiers that are on PRIVATE property that are being defaced, vandalized and desecrated....What say you about THAT?

I say southerners shouldn't have been such ***** with their flag over the years.
Non sequitur....Answer the question.

Nobody watches TV Land. That's why the service PAYS cable and satellite operators for a place in the channel lineup....

Well, then, no one should be upset.

LIBERALS HATE AMERICA

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN HISTORY

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN PATRIOTISM

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN CULTURE

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN FOLKLORE

LIBERALS HATE INDEPENDENCE

LIBERALS HATE INDIVIDUALITY

LIBERALS HATE FREEDOM

LIBERALS ARE THE TRUE HATERS... ON STEROIDS... AND WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING THAT THEY HATE, THEY'LL BE RIGHT ALONG TO FORCE YOU TO STOP.

Liberals don't agree with your narrow minded definition of any/all of the above.

Nobody watches TV Land. That's why the service PAYS cable and satellite operators for a place in the channel lineup....

Well, then, no one should be upset.
Native American Genocide

New Study Finds 67% Of Native Americans Find Redskins Name Offensive

The Redskins should change their name to the Confederates then.

I would love to see the Confederate flag flying high enough for Obama to see as he is sitting in his Oval Orifice

And there will be a lot of Southerners who will stop watching TV Land.....Which group do you think will be hurt the most?.....
This entire flag thing is much ado about nothing...
Do I think SC or any other state should display that flag( BTW, the flag in NOT the "stars and bars".....It is the Confederate Battle Flag).....The answer is an unqualified NO...
Now, there are graves and memorial sites for Confederate soldiers that are on PRIVATE property that are being defaced, vandalized and desecrated....What say you about THAT?

I say southerners shouldn't have been such ***** with their flag over the years.
Non sequitur....Answer the question.

I said what I meant to say.
I don't give a shit about defaced property.
A little spray paint is nothing compared to the pain that has been inflicted by those who have marched under that flag.
Like I said, if they hadn't been such ***** with that flag, they would be fine right now.

Yeah it is sad, i remember when that show came out. Somehow I think that was a better time than today. definatley Americans were getting along better in those days. Its a reminder how things have regressed. Now when Obama talks about Cuban relations he wants to call it all ancient history, even though political prisoners are still rotting in jail, meanwhile the pains of a civil war 150 years ago are causing a happy go lucky tv show to go off the air. They should go through all the film and photoshop out the flag, auuu , well they could change it to a rainbow flag? or a picture of Che Guevara?

I must admit I never watch TvLand. But when I was younger I watched the Dukes a little

I must admit I never watch TvLand. But when I was younger I watched the Dukes a little. But this is over the top and almost getting scary all over a FLAG

I must admit I never watch TvLand. But when I was younger I watched the Dukes a little. But this is over the top and almost getting scary all over a FLAG

I must admit I never watch TvLand. But when I was younger I watched the Dukes a little

It was well before my time and I've probably watched bits and pieces of a few episodes but this is stupid and an over reaction. Political correctness is absolutely killing this nation. It's out of control

LIBERALS HATE AMERICA

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN HISTORY

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN PATRIOTISM

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN CULTURE

LIBERALS HATE AMERICAN FOLKLORE

LIBERALS HATE INDEPENDENCE

LIBERALS HATE INDIVIDUALITY

LIBERALS HATE FREEDOM

LIBERALS ARE THE TRUE HATERS... ON STEROIDS... AND WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING THAT THEY HATE, THEY'LL BE RIGHT ALONG TO FORCE YOU TO STOP.
Now, if we can only figure out how to get rid of Hee Haw.....
The NEXT POST... I rest my case.

I'm proud to say I watched less than ten seconds of a Duke's episode...when their tires were squealing on a dirt road I changed the channel. :lol:

Name one racist episode. Just one? The flag on the car doesnt count. Where did anyone of the actors make a racist comment.. I am waiting

Name one racist episode. Just one? The flag on the car doesnt count. Where did anyone of the actors make a racist comment.. I am waiting

I don't think there ever was one. That really doesn't matter though. If it is seen as a product that is no longer economically viable, then it goes. The free market has spoken.

Man oh man, this just keeps getting more and more stupid. It's a television show that has nothing to do with racism. Does a television show offend your delicate sensibilities or something? Get a grip.

Forum List

Back