"Dukes of Hazzard" yanked from TV Land

Tvland decided not to carry it any longer.Who cares. It's not banned. I'm sure a nice commemorative box DVD set will be available shortly. Obviously tvland didn't want to deal with any of the BS surrounding the flag.

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard - Fox News

This must be really sad for some folks.

Was wondering if they'd go after the show. ARGH! :)

dukes2030debrafeuer-beckymae.jpg

Dukes of Hazzard made me like guys. :)

Brought to you by the party that also tried to ban certain music. See the Gore's.

Is anyone really that surprised?

Brought to you by the party that also tried to ban certain music. See the Gore's.

Is anyone really that surprised?

Biggest mistake ever that. By getting content-warnings onto music they inadvertantly made all objectionable content ok as long as a warning label's on it. :)

This is stupid to the Nth degree.
Has anyone watched DoH?
Did you see anything remotely racist in the way any of the charachers spoke or acted, especially when dealing directly with a black person?

Last edited:
The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

Nobody watches TV Land. That's why the service PAYS cable and satellite operators for a place in the channel lineup....

I must admit I never watch TvLand. But when I was younger I watched the Dukes a little

Really?

I had no idea you were a racist.

PC pussies.

Isn't yanking Dukes of Hazzard sorta what happened in the world if "1984" with rewriting and editing history? They gonna go after "Archie Bunker's Place" and "All In The Family" next? "Welcome Back Kotter?" for stereotypical ethnicities? Where's it end?

Isn't yanking Dukes of Hazzard sorta what happened in the world if "1984" with rewriting and editing history? They gonna go after "Archie Bunker's Place" and "All In The Family" next? "Welcome Back Kotter?" for stereotypical ethnicities? Where's it end?

Excellent point.

Most people who are free thinkers and able to think independently do not need to watch television news programs to get their opinions. We make our own decisions based upon the facts. :)

Forum List

Back