Dumb stuff

Natural Citizen

American Made
Aug 8, 2016
I was gonna go out and pull my valve covers this morning. I have to blast and repaint em. Then replace the emblem on the left side one.

Anyway. Seems simple enough. Right?

Unfortunately, you have to yank the air pump pulley, the air pump, the tensioner pulley, the serpentine, the a/c compressor, the big multi-bracket that bolts onto the water pump studs and the a/c compressor, the egr crossover pipe, the airbleed running into the intake manifold, the wiper motor and all of the hoses coming out of the throttle body and the plug wires...to remove valve covers. What the actual heck.

So anyway. Long story short. I popped the hood. I looked at it for a few minutes. Took a few sips of coffee. Looked around. Closed the hood. Turned around and came back inside.

I'll do it another day.

I was gonna go out and pull my valve covers this morning. I have to blast and repaint em. Then replace the emblem on the left side one.

Anyway. Seems simple enough. Right?

Unfortunately, you have to yank the air pump pulley, the air pump, the tensioner pulley, the serpentine, the a/c compressor, the big multi-bracket that bolts onto the water pump studs and the a/c compressor, the egr crossover pipe, the airbleed running into the intake manifold, the wiper motor and all of the hoses coming out of the throttle body and the plug wires...to remove valve covers. What the actual heck.

So anyway. Long story short. I popped the hood. I looked at it for a few minutes. Took a few sips of coffee. Looked around. Closed the hood. Turned around and came back inside.

I'll do it another day.
I'm having a day like that too. LOL. I was going to burn some overgrowth--still wet, perfect time. But nooooo! The wind decides it is going to blow 40 mph. Oh well, there'll be another day.

Gave up on do it yourself car repair maintenance round about my 2nd and third cars. Went to change my starter on my 80 Monte, got the wires and screws all off and discovered there was no way to get it out from over the exhaust. Spent an hr and a half twisting and turning that thing every which way to no avail.

Gave up on do it yourself car repair maintenance round about my 2nd and third cars. Went to change my starter on my 80 Monte, got the wires and screws all off and discovered there was no way to get it out from over the exhaust. Spent an hr and a half twisting and turning that thing every which way to no avail.

Yeah, the exhaust in the way definitely sucks. I changed a starter out last year but thankfully only had to flex the transmission lines to get it to drop out.

This is why I buy big ol' full sized pickups from the 70s and 80s...

... lots of room under the hood...

IMG_20220130_122515776_HDR.jpg

Enough room to climb right in there with it.

Forum List

Back