During GOP Debate, when RP asked about sick young man audience yells "Let him DIE!".

Once, family health insurance was somewhat affordable. Once, every employer offered health insurance. Now, young couples face difficult economic choices when it comes to insurance

Do you pay your college loans? The rent check? Utilities? How do you pay that $2000 repair bill on the car you need to get to work?

You have a $500 monthly bill on that family insurance policy. You feel healthy and think you can get by for a few years until you are in better financial shape.

Do you deserve to die for that decision?

We all have choices.... we all have the freedom to work 2 and 3 jobs if you feel something is necessary... we all take risks at many levels... that still does not make it the responsibility of anyone else but you, to take care of your own needs

And the consequence of your decision should be death?

The consequences of your choices, decisions, actions, etc should be the consequences of your decision.... you have the freedom to ask for help from others, just as they have the freedom to say yes or no to that request... but to have it forced is flat out wrong....

You want the positives that come with your freedom, just not the inherent negatives that go along with it... you and your ilk just want others besides you to bear those consequences for you

no, he should be responsible for his bill after his recovery. every means available to recoup the funds should be put into play including court and lawsuits. no more write offs. so if you choose not to have insurance then you choose to have your wages garnished until you pay your bill. if we let you die you can't work,, no good in that.

this.

More likely it was an Alinsky Disciple, Do we know where Jake Starkey was?

"...in the spring of 1972, at Tulane University...students asked Alinsky to help plan a protest of a scheduled speech by George H. W. Bush, then U.S. representative to the United Nations - a speech likely to include a defense of the Nixon administration's Vietnam War policies. The students told Alinsky they were thinking about picketing or disrupting Bush's address. That's the wrong approach, he rejoined, not very creative - and besides causing a disruption might get them thrown out of school. He told them, instead, to go to hear the speech dressed as members of the Ku Klux Klan, and whenever Bush said something in defense of the Vietnam War, they should cheer and wave placards reading, ‘The KKK supports Bush." --"Let Them Call Me Rebel" by Sanford D. Horwitt

It is just becoming more and more clear that the GnOP is the party of "fuck you, I've got mine". They don't want the poor to be healthy or educated. Healthy educated people won't become the slave class they desire here in the US of A.

How did you get that from Ron Pauls comments? Explain how his comments make you feel this way

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die

Paul's comments don't matter because he doesn't matter. He's un-electable, but the reaction of the audience is exactly what I'm talking about. The "fuck you, I've got mine" mentality.

It was only a few idiots in the audience doing that. They could have been tea partiers, they could have been plants, who knows?

Even if they were tea partiers it was 3 people. Should I judge all liberals based off of TruthMatter's posts alone?

Do you understand my point?

I don't think letting people die simply because they don't have insurance is a valid way to treat people.

I agree. Any case by case decision necessarily involves a lot more than simply whether a person has the ability to pay.

Apparently Ron Paul and his teapees think it is perfectly fine.

Only if you have a hyperactive partisan imagination.

:clap2:

Ty mani

Why? Because no charities have stepped up to the plate and offered to pay for peoples medical care.

Factually incorrect.
Who?

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/charities/lists/health_care.htm

Following is a list of the largest charities dealing with health-care facilities and programs, listed according to the amount of donations received from individuals, foundations, and other sources.

1. The Vaccine Fund
  2. American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities Inc.
  3. Shriners Hospitals for Children
  4. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
  5. General Hospital Corp.
  6. Mayo Foundation
  7. Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
  8. Brigham and Women's Hospital Inc.
  9. Wellstar Health System Inc.
  10. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
  11. Ancilla Systems Inc.
  12. Project Hope, the People to People Health Foundation Inc.
  13. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
  14. Children's Hospital Corp.
  15. Nemours Foundation
  16. New York-Presbyterian Fund Inc.
  17. City of Hope
  18. The Mount Sinai Hospital
  19. New York and Presbyterian Hospital
  20. Morton Plant Mease Health Care Inc.

During the Republican Debate, Ron Paul was asked about a hypothetical young man without insurance who gets sick. Ron Paul said you have to live by your choices.

When the moderator asked, "So we should let him die?" and then the audience started wildly cheering, "Yea, let him die!".

And how many of those people in the audience were old and fat? Well, from what they were showing, most of them. How many have Medicare and Social Security? And they were cheering, "Let him die?" because he had no insurance?

I thought it was bad enough when they cheered when Rick Santorum talked about ending "Medicare".

These people are insane. What other explanation could there be?

Whether or not it was said I will not argue that but who said it. I take it that you're suggesting it was a Republican or tea party member who yelled "Yea, let him die!".

So, now tell me how do you know it wasn't a liberal who went there to cause another stink?

During the Republican Debate, Ron Paul was asked about a hypothetical young man without insurance who gets sick. Ron Paul said you have to live by your choices.

When the moderator asked, "So we should let him die?" and then the audience started wildly cheering, "Yea, let him die!".

And how many of those people in the audience were old and fat? Well, from what they were showing, most of them. How many have Medicare and Social Security? And they were cheering, "Let him die?" because he had no insurance?

I thought it was bad enough when they cheered when Rick Santorum talked about ending "Medicare".

These people are insane. What other explanation could there be?

Whether or not it was said I will not argue that but who said it. I take it that you're suggesting it was a Republican or tea party member who yelled "Yea, let him die!".

So, now tell me how do you know it wasn't a liberal who went there to cause another stink?

He knows because to assume that it was a teapartier fits his anti-tea party agenda ;)

Good grief...some tosser in the audience yelled out something stupid.........................that's all..............................nothing to see here...........................!!!

Oh they're not getting off that easy. Republicans bitch about every word that comes out of Obama's mouth and never let up. This one might still get some mileage.

:lol:

Ron Paul wants the uninsured to die!

That is all..

Good grief...some tosser in the audience yelled out something stupid.........................that's all..............................nothing to see here...........................!!!

Oh they're not getting off that easy. Republicans bitch about every word that comes out of Obama's mouth and never let up. This one might still get some mileage.

That is all..

Poor behavior does not excuse other poor behavior ;)

That is all..

Around here it sure seems to :eusa_whistle:

Its pathetic how the left is grasping at straws with this one..... I LOVE WATCHING THEM SQUIRM BEFORE THEY GET SQUISHED

Point being, even though there are charity hospitals and clinics (yes, I was wrong about that), they are not enough to take care of all the charity cases out there.

Not sure if that's true or not, but as the state handles much of the load now, there's less call for them. I'd assume that if the responsibility was shifted away from government, there would be more, wouldn't you? It seems most people actually do find it valuable for there to be some kind of safety net, right?

The assumption you seem to be relying on is the idea that people simply won't give a shit about their community unless forced to by government, and that's what we're rejecting. Community action doesn't have to be synonymous with government and, in many cases, it shouldn't be.

I'm not one of these 'goverment-hater' libertarians. For many jobs and societal functions, government is the best approach. But it's not the be-all, end-all of human community. We can solve most of our problems without relying on the policing power of the state. We should rely on force as a solution only when it is truly necessary.

That is all..

Yes, TPers should stop this poor behavior.

That is all..

Yes, TPers should stop this poor behavior.

Well its more the right wing pundits that give obama grief about everything he says and the far right. The teaparty only griefs him over economic issues, not social issues.

But yes, those on the far right who act just like those on the far left did with bush...that is no matter what decision he makes (obama for the righties, bush for the lefites) its wrong before they even review it is piss poor behavior that should stop.

Hell people were trash talking obama on his speech before he gave it! Thats ludicris. However, it turns out they were right and obama's new "jobs bill" is just more of what we have been doing since he took office, more of the same fail.

Oh im ranting.

Im just trying to say yes....those on the right who give obama a hard time no matter what he says/does are just as wrong as the people in this thread are being about these couple of individuals being idiots in the crowd.

I was 30, once. Big strong and extremely healthy.

Worked on a truck and moved furniture. I didn't need no stinking health insurance.

Now I am 50. About 10 years ago I had a severe heart problem that required something called an "ablation". Very long, expensive and painful operation. And I am glad I had health insurance.

I didn't either when I was single, but once the family came insurance was the responsible thing to do. I couldn't imagine being 30 with a family and chancing it without insurance, incredibly irresponsible.
Must be that conservative upbringing that taught me to look out for my own.

Once, family health insurance was somewhat affordable. Once, every employer offered health insurance. Now, young couples face difficult economic choices when it comes to insurance

Do you pay your college loans? The rent check? Utilities? How do you pay that $2000 repair bill on the car you need to get to work?

You have a $500 monthly bill on that family insurance policy. You feel healthy and think you can get by for a few years until you are in better financial shape.

Bullshit, you drive a lesser vehicle if you have to, and I know it's unheard of today, but maybe even fix it yourself! Live in a smaller apartment or house. You don't go partying or eating out, work 3 jobs, whatever it takes you do to support, and protect your family.
I know it's easier to run and stick your hand out for uncle Sam to pay your way when you gamble with your families well being, and lose, but life isn't easy, and no amount of pie in the sky handouts will make it so.

I was 30, once. Big strong and extremely healthy.

Worked on a truck and moved furniture. I didn't need no stinking health insurance.

Now I am 50. About 10 years ago I had a severe heart problem that required something called an "ablation". Very long, expensive and painful operation. And I am glad I had health insurance.

I didn't either when I was single, but once the family came insurance was the responsible thing to do. I couldn't imagine being 30 with a family and chancing it without insurance, incredibly irresponsible.
Must be that conservative upbringing that taught me to look out for my own.

No you don't but you also don't deserve to be bailed out by me because you took that gamble while I struggled and went without 3 meals a day because I decided to buy the health insurance.

Why should I be responsible for some other guys failed gamble? What's next your going to tell me to bail out GM when they make bad choices or the banks? Oh wait!

Forum List

Back