E-Bay Strike Feb 18-25 making national news

Because if you don't take Paypal, you lose alot of sales. People don't want to use money orders and cashiers checks. So you either put up with it and continue to use paypal so you can get sales and go down with the ship slowly. or choose not to use paypal and go down fast because your sales will plumit.

You didn't mention anything about Paypal - you mentioned something called e-Pay.. You telling me these are one and the same? And if so, what's the 21-day thing, since most sellers require payment via Paypal within 7 days, and Paypal requires that the seller ship within 7 days...

Personally, I took all methods of Paypal payments; preferred credit cards, because those cleared right away.. even took money orders, cashiers checks, and personal checks. I've only had one check bounce, and with a cleverly worded letter, received my money for the bounced check as WELL as my self-imposed $25 return check fee (even tho my bank charged me nothing, I still charged the customer). Now, that's extortion. :D

Not to mention that withholding payment from the seller for 21 days is illegal.

No it's not. That's something that you agree to up front. You have the choice not to agree.

It's no more illegal than a seller telling a buyer who paid with a cashiers check or money order that their payment will be held for 14 days before shipment is made.

There's another one of your problems.. Why would you expect eBay to take you seriously when you dink around with a posting ID, rather than a reputable selling ID? I'm guessing you really haven't had much eBay experience, and really haven't taken time to research now things work, and what your options are.

WRONG>>> I'm not (and many others) are not about to let e-pay know who we really are on a message board so they can suspend our account without notice for no apparant reason. E-pay is DIRTY, DIRty, dirty. tHEY THINK THEY ARE gOD OR SOMETHING...tHE FACT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHY TO HAVE A POSTING ID PROVES YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR YOU ARE A PINK...EITHER CASE.........FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!

No it's not. That's something that you agree to up front. You have the choice not to agree.

It's no more illegal than a seller telling a buyer who paid with a cashiers check or money order that their payment will be held for 14 days before shipment is made.

That is not a choice...YOU'RE FUCKING IGNORANT!!!!!!!

WRONG>>> I'm not (and many others) are not about to let e-pay know who we really are on a message board so they can suspend our account without notice for no apparant reason. E-pay is DIRTY, DIRty, dirty. tHEY THINK THEY ARE gOD OR SOMETHING...tHE FACT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHY TO HAVE A POSTING ID PROVES YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR YOU ARE A PINK...EITHER CASE.........FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!

You dumb shit. I have two posting IDs, and two selling IDs, and I'm telling you I've gotten much further with problems when communicating with a legitimate selling ID that *shows* my history, and that I'm not some whiney brat.

Incidently, if you get your account suspended, it's because you didn't follow the rules (again, those little things you agree to when you create your account, and each time you list an item for sale).

You dumb shit. I have two posting IDs, and two selling IDs, and I'm telling you I've gotten much further with problems when communicating with a legitimate selling ID that *shows* my history, and that I'm not some whiney brat.

Incidently, if you get your account suspended, it's because you didn't follow the rules (again, those little things you agree to when you create your account, and each time you list an item for sale).

and a horse is a range animal and potatoes don't grow in idaho!!!!!!!! You don't even know what a vero member is!!!

People have been suspended for living in the same appartment bldg as the person they were after.

Since you don't really think I know what I'm talking about, here's the info from one of my selling accounts, which you'll note has a repeat customer rate which indicates I was doing something right.

XXXX-XXXXXXX ( 1180 [Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999] ) [About Me]

Contact memberView items for sale More options
View ID History
Add to Favorite Sellers
View eBay My World
View Reviews & Guides
View About Me page
Member since Apr-03-00 in United States
Feedback Score: 1180
Positive Feedback: 100%

Members who left a positive: 1181
Members who left a negative: 0

All positive Feedback: 2164

Try again.

and a horse is a range animal and potatoes don't grow in idaho!!!!!!!! You don't even know what a vero member is!!!

If you're fucking around with, or getting fucked around with by VeRO, you have no business selling what you're selling on eBay - that should be a hands-ON experience only.

Use your head, and you wouldn't have so many problems.

Wow. EBAY seems to have changed since I did my thing. I was thinking about listing stuff more often than my current three in a lifetime......

Where does one go to check out all these changes?

You didn't mention anything about Paypal - you mentioned something called e-Pay.. You telling me these are one and the same? And if so, what's the 21-day thing, since most sellers require payment via Paypal within 7 days, and Paypal requires that the seller ship within 7 days...

Personally, I took all methods of Paypal payments; preferred credit cards, because those cleared right away.. even took money orders, cashiers checks, and personal checks. I've only had one check bounce, and with a cleverly worded letter, received my money for the bounced check as WELL as my self-imposed $25 return check fee (even tho my bank charged me nothing, I still charged the customer). Now, that's extortion. :D

E-Pay is another word for E-bay. I will post the link here to the new changes e-bay is making so you can see how scrued up it is now for yourself. Anyone defending e-bay on this new ordeal is either disinformed or part of the e-bay cartel.
First of all they proposed it as a decrease up front to all their customers and the news agencies. Sure, on the front side it is a decrease but on the back side it is a huge increase. They have insulted the intelligence of the ebay community. The new ceo has gone public saying we are nothing but noise, another insult.
As far as the VERO thing...Ebay is so scrued up that I was selling a product that had 4 words to it by a very well known manufacturer. but because i used 2 of those words,,,not together,,,that was someone elses product and they were a vero member...all my auctions got pulled and i was suspended...An example of just how stupid this was....and I am using an example because i don't want to use the exact item...
blue razor puff knife was my product by blah blah.
Their product was blue puff by blah blah...and just because they were a vero member and have POWER, my auctions got piulled and I got suspended.

If you go to google and just type in vero ebay problems, you will come up with 161,000 results.

If you are not aware of this stuff you are very uninformed and a small time seller and are clue less.

All this stuff is public knowledge. Here is a link to cnn thet is carrying the story.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/31/smbusiness/ebay_fee_hike.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2008013116

Here are the links to exactly what is going to happen...If you can agree with this and ebays new policy changes you are either working for ebay and part of the problem or just pure "D" dumb.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200801.shtml#2008-01-29061132

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200801.shtml#2008-01-29054823

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=1000636290&tstart=0&mod=1202051239750

More like, because you used part of their description to try and trick someone into buying your version of their item, your auctions got pulled. I'm telling you that in the 6 total years (4 selling) that I was active on eBay, I never had a problem. Perhaps because I never crossed ANY of their boundaries, and actually read everything, and researched BEFORE I put an item up for sale.

Thought you were done? Make up your mind.

Anyone that doesn't agree with you either has no experience on eBay, or is a Pink? Cool. I always thought Kelley was kinda cool - maybe I can be just like her.

Another thing...ebay message board had a link to a google petition with 8000 people on board...That link has been pulled by ebay and the person who started it has been suspended...If that isnt dirty, I don't know what is.Personally I hope the people stick to their guns and really do this thing. I hate ebay so bad now i hope all of them have to sleep in the street.

Also, from your very OWN link:

EBay fee hike sparks seller rebellion
EBay's new fee structure has small stores fearful about their survival.

By Kathleen Ryan O'Connor
January 31 2008: 4:16 PM EST

(FORTUNE Small Business) -- If eBay's fee changes were meant to shore up market share at a time when sellers are increasingly migrating to competitors such as Amazon (AMZN, Fortune 500), initial response suggests it may do the opposite: eBay's veteran sellers are furious, with some forecasting ruin for their businesses.

"Ouch!" said Laura Ricciotti, a seller from Windsor, Ontario, about Tuesday's announcement of a new fee structure for the online auction giant.

Ricciotti said the new fees, set to go into effect Feb. 20, will pinch her already tiny margins selling children's books through her eBay (EBAY, Fortune 500) store, Read With Me Books, which began in 2000 with posts for a few auctions for baby clothes and other finds.

"Sellers need to remain competitive in their pricing to do well in eBay's global marketplace, and it will be very difficult to continue to do so and still see a profit," she said, under the new scenario.

And that was one of the gentler reactions

1) Anyone with half an ounce of common sense wouldn't try making a living on eBay sellling childrens books. There's far more overhead than profit. Research your market.

2) Smaller "businesses"? Sounds like Wal-Mart syndrome to me. Again, if you're going to go into "business" on eBay, and hope to make a living at it, don't be dumb enough to try and sell the same exact thing that millions of other much larger sellers are selling. You're doomed to fail. Period.

Another thing...ebay message board had a link to a google petition with 8000 people on board...That link has been pulled by ebay and the person who started it has been suspended...If that isnt dirty, I don't know what is.Personally I hope the people stick to their guns and really do this thing. I hate ebay so bad now i hope all of them have to sleep in the street.

Trust me. They're not going to have to sleep in the street over 8000 irritated people. :D

BTW, if you people would read, and follow the rules, you'd know that person was suspended for posting an outside link on eBay message boards. That's been a nono from DAY ONE. That isn't dirty. That's someone getting suspended for BREAKING THE RULES.

So far, y'all are idiots.

Got more?

More like, because you used part of their description to try and trick someone into buying your version of their item, your auctions got pulled. I'm telling you that in the 6 total years (4 selling) that I was active on eBay, I never had a problem. Perhaps because I never crossed ANY of their boundaries, and actually read everything, and researched BEFORE I put an item up for sale.

Thought you were done? Make up your mind.

Anyone that doesn't agree with you either has no experience on eBay, or is a Pink? Cool. I always thought Kelley was kinda cool - maybe I can be just like her.

Which part of what i just wrote did you not get???
The item i was selling was actually there first...years before this other product came out. No one was trying to trick anyone and your assumptions are assanine.

I just checked ebays volume of listings is down by more than a million points from yesterday...So just fuck off and pound sand...You are clueless as to what you speak of...Is that a parot sticking out the side of your neck...squack, squack, aquack...It helps to be informed prior to having a discussion.

The petition against the fee increase and ebays new policy changes are 28,562...Let me spell that out for you so you get it...twenty eight thousand five hundred and sixety two...SO FAR.

look for yourself...http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ebayfee

Which part of what i just wrote did you not get???
The item i was selling was actually there first...years before this other product came out. No one was trying to trick anyone and your assumptions are assanine.

I just checked ebays volume of listings is down by more than a million points from yesterday...So just fuck off and pound sand...You are clueless as to what you speak of...Is that a parot sticking out the side of your neck...squack, squack, aquack...It helps to be informed prior to having a discussion.

The petition against the fee increase and ebays new policy changes are 28,562...Let me spell that out for you so you get it...twenty eight thousand five hundred and sixety two...SO FAR.

look for yourself...http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ebayfee

Out of more than what.. 500 MILLION? Incidently, SIGNING that petition only means people disagree with the fee increase - not that they're actually going to pull any auctions. It's YOU that's the idiot, dear.. You're doing the equivalent of no more than standing in front of Walmart with a sticker sign stuck to a toothpick hoping to gain attention.

Forum List

Back