E-Bay Strike Feb 18-25 making national news

I guess I am lazy. I use a sniping program. The amount I enter is my ultimate max. So if the s&h is 10, and I enter 30, the software bids twenty.

BTW sniping doesn't seem to help me win more. A limit is a limit and as long as I have the self discipline to not bid early I will often lose out as the price goes above my max long before the snipe.

Ah, you may be lazy, but you're not stupid. You decide what you're prepared to pay prior to bidding.. If you win, great. If you don't, there's more items out there.

Sorry, I would love to continue this friendly chat with you but I unlike yourself I have things to do to unite more people and actually get something accomplished. You are nothing more than a distraction to anyone trying to get something done. Good luck with the whining and sitting on your dead lazy ass. I hope someday you actually find hope, strength and the ability to pry your whiney dead lazy ass off your chair and roll up your sleaves and get involved with anything that isn't tearing others down that are trying to make a difference. You have already laid down and given up and will also get run over by the big machine...It really is too bad because we need everyone we can get to make things like this happen.

Do nothing and nothing will come of it. Do something and you could cause things to change. It is a good thing you are not in charge of anything because it would surely fail. You have a defeatis attitude and stand in the way of progress.

Got more stuff to list real quick before you take your week-long break to really show eBay who's boss?

Oh, and one more thing, Looksiepoo...

It's not the sellers that make, or break eBay. It's the buyers. You can list shit until your head pops off.. If there's nobody to buy it, you ain't selling shit...but you're still paying those fees. :D

Oh, and one more thing, Looksiepoo...

It's not the sellers that make, or break eBay. It's the buyers. You can list shit until your head pops off.. If there's nobody to buy it, you ain't selling shit...but you're still paying those fees. :D

Like I said I am very busy and just thought I would pop in for a moment and give you the latest link...For your entertainment only of course...LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MtVPuU9-Q[/ame]

Imagine that...It's so quiet on this thread, you could hear cricket fart from 100 yards!!!:rofl:

Imagine that...It's so quiet on this thread, you could hear cricket fart from 100 yards!!!:rofl:

Your link means shit, dumbass. Nice of you to acknowledge that YOU don't make eBay, but the BUYERS do. :)

Need I also point out those of you screaming "strike" have feedback of 600 and below in 80% of all cases?

Quit your crying, pin the diaper back on, grab your bottle, and go to bed.

On commodities, I've found that to be the case.

There are definitely things you can get cheaper than market retail though, even with S&H added.

Also, adjust your search to a certain radius from your zipcode that you'd be willing to travel to pick up instead of having it shipped.

I actually buy fish for my fish tanks from eBayers sometimes. I pay about 1/4 of what the price would be in a store.

What kind of fish? I've bought freshwater clams from ebay before but i've never tried to find any other critters. Marine or freshwater?

No one got their ass handed to them except the other person and of course ebay soon. People are abandoning ebay by the thousands. No one said anything about it being a constitutional right, I don't know where you got that from. We will see who has the last laugh. Ebay does not make ebay happen, the people who sell do. They can have as many buyers as they want, but without sellers they are nothing and they have no business. How about this...you go to work one day and everything you had agreed to at hiring had changed. Your salary went down and your boss had the right now to slap upside the head everytime he felt like it. Wow, it's not your "constitutional right" to work there but I bet you would be pissed off. I bet you might even quit. Some fat suit that knows nothing about selling online and dealing with the general public is making decisions about the businesses that many have built from scratch. He is making stupid changes without understanding what goes on between seller and buyer on a personal level. People that have a problem with people standing up for themselves are a problem. I am so sick of people sitting on their dead lazy ass and whining about how "we can't win", "They are too big and we are so small" Wha, Wha, Wha. Anyone defending ebay and their policies either doesn't have a clue what they are defending or they work for ebay...Period.

As of right now it looks like I will be taking my product's to:
Ioffer
bidville
overstock
amazon
To all the EBay fanboys. No one will take my place, most of the items I sell are only sold by me. The Xbox 360 cooler is made for me only via a 20+ year long contract because I helped developed it for the 360, so if someone steps in to fill that void on eBay I will make money in the lawsuit. My feedback speaks for itself, I sell good products at great prices and ship out very fast with priority mail. On average I list 150-300 items a week. On most of those items I pay the $20 extra to post in the Featured Plus section, so if I do not sell at least 5 items I do not even break even.
So to all of the EBay fanboys that keep trying to disrupt what we are doing hear, I say this: just because you like giving EBay the tongue as the are dry screwing you in the butt, does not mean the rest of us do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3xfT0c99g&NR=1

Check out power sellers unite and the ebay message boards and see for yourself whats happening. This strike is going to happen. The selllers are already taking their business to other auction sites. Those that remain behind and do not get on board with this movement WILL get swallowed up by the big machine and go down with the ship.

Since my last post...Ebay listings have dropped another 200,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll make a gentleman's wager with you that your boycot doesn't have even the slightest iota of animpact on Ebay policy. Further, when I become employed I am agreeing to a contract that specifically infers my wages for doing job functions. Did you become EMPLOYED with ebay or are you using their service to sell your items like any other consignment shop? Ebay does not employ you. But, again, i'll bet you jacks, joes and dominoes that this little boycott proves as impotent as rgs's atrophied loin.

By all means.. take your business elsewhere. Such is your prerogative. So, too, is it ebay's prerogative to change their policy as THEY see fit rather than according to the opinions of people who are no more employed by ebay than the neighbor who puts a few items out during MY garage sale.

I'll make a gentleman's wager with you that your boycot doesn't have even the slightest iota of animpact on Ebay policy. Further, when I become employed I am agreeing to a contract that specifically infers my wages for doing job functions. Did you become EMPLOYED with ebay or are you using their service to sell your items like any other consignment shop? Ebay does not employ you. But, again, i'll bet you jacks, joes and dominoes that this little boycott proves as impotent as rgs's atrophied loin.

By all means.. take your business elsewhere. Such is your prerogative. So, too, is it ebay's prerogative to change their policy as THEY see fit rather than according to the opinions of people who are no more employed by ebay than the neighbor who puts a few items out during MY garage sale.

I'll take that bet! It is true that ebay is not an employer, you are absolutely right. The sellers are the employer. Ebay would not be the fortune 500 it is if it wasn't for their dedicated sellers. The sellers employ ebay and they convieniently forgot that they work for us, not the other way around. Their customer service sucks and they even own a auction site in china that kills cats and dogs and sells them to people that make stuffed dogs from the skin and fur of real dogs. Pita has now got involved and will be on board for the dismanteling of ebay. This isn't even a strike anymore, this is all out muteny. Ebay has treated its sellers like shit for the last time. Sellers do not need ebay...Ebay needs sellers. TThey make money off of every listing and every sale that the seller does. The buyer doesn't pay ebay or paypal shit and yet the buyer is being handed all the power on a silver platter. I veheminatly disagree with both of you and I can not wait to come back on this thread in a month or two and receive the HUGE.."wow, you were right" That I will deserve. Ebay is going to do one of three things at this point...
1. Publically appolagize for their blunder and retract their new proposal.
2. Continue on the path they are on and become a worthless flee market and no longer a fortune 500 company until it eventually just dies all together.
3. Go bankrupt quickly because NO ONE wants to or can sell their anymore and are leaving by the thousands because of their rediculous policy change.

Your link means shit, dumbass. Nice of you to acknowledge that YOU don't make eBay, but the BUYERS do. :)

Need I also point out those of you screaming "strike" have feedback of 600 and below in 80% of all cases?

Quit your crying, pin the diaper back on, grab your bottle, and go to bed.

Invalid untrue statistics.

The sellers are the employer. Ebay would not be the fortune 500 it is if it wasn't for their dedicated sellers.

The buyers are the employer. eBay would not be the Fortune 500 it is if it weren't for the buyers.

Pita has now got involved and will be on board for the dismanteling of ebay.

This sentence holds layers and layers of comedy gold, dude.

it's a bet then. By March we will see neither significant impact on Ebay's bottom line nor will we see Ebay retract their policy.

I'll leave it to you to bump this thread whenever you want to bring it back up and claim your "I told you so" award from the Shogun.

Pita has now got involved and will be on board for the dismanteling of ebay.

This sentence holds layers and layers of comedy gold, dude.

it's a bet then. By March we will see neither significant impact on Ebay's bottom line nor will we see Ebay retract their policy.

I'll leave it to you to bump this thread whenever you want to bring it back up and claim your "I told you so" award from the Shogun.

Fair enough. I will agree for you to do the same and I WILL look in the camera and say "I am not smarter than a shogun"

The buyers are the employer. eBay would not be the Fortune 500 it is if it weren't for the buyers.

Blujay auctions are up 17,441 which is 5.76% and Mcbidz went up 25,854 which is 100% from all the sellers leaving e-bay. As far as the buyers being the employer...If you are in the middle of Macys and want to buy something but there is nothing in the store because all the merch. is gone and no one is selling, are you going to stay and shop? Sasying that the buyers are the employers makes as much sense as flys cause shit to happen. You can have 100,000,000,000 buyers on an auction site and if there isn't anyone there to sell, well there just isn't much point is there? Buyers pay ebay and paypal 000.000.000.000.000.000 nada, nothing,squat, zip, zilch, 0! The sellers are what generates income for ebay and paypal. The only money ebay makes is taken right out of the pocket of sellers and nothing comes out of the pocket of the buyers. When all the sellerrs ban together and boycott and no sales are happening, where is ebay going to make its money? How will they pay their light bill? Weather someone buys an item or not, ebay makes money from the seller in listing fees. If no one sells, ebay makes nothing! I would say that makes the sellers the ones in controll of where ebay goes from here.:cuckoo:

Fair enough. I will agree for you to do the same and I WILL look in the camera and say "I am not smarter than a shogun"

Then, I look forward to a March where this thread is never brought up again as we both share a laugh about lessons learned.

Then, I look forward to a March where this thread is never brought up again as we both share a laugh about lessons learned.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ebayfee

One of us will surely have a great laugh. It may very well be you, in which case I will have that crow cooked wedium well please. Dog gone it at some point the majority of the people have to unite and say enough is enough and stop taking it in the rear end.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ebayfee

One of us will surely have a great laugh. It may very well be you, in which case I will have that crow cooked wedium well please. Dog gone it at some point the majority of the people have to unite and say enough is enough and stop taking it in the rear end.

28562 (Feb. 4th, was it?)
28799 Total Signatures (Feb 7th)

Ooooh. Out of what... Maybe a billion sellers on eBay?

Heh.

29604 Total Signatures as of today (02/17/08)

That's only 805 more signatures in 10 days.. Looks like your little pet's losing steam, Look. :)

Forum List

Back